PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else's cat do this?

orangemm
04-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Our cat Binky, who is almost 5, is a chewer. We have some cabinets in our dining room that had wooden knobs on them and all of a sudden we noticed that there were teeth marks on them! Caught Binky in the act of gnawing on one.

We replaced the wooden knobs with ceramic ones. No more problems. Then at night I would hear a noise and there was Binky on the dresser, chewing the bathroom doorknob! He lost interest when we changed the knobs on all the doors to the lever type. He can't quite get his teeth around the handles!

I've had a lot of cats and none of them ever exhibited this behavior. Anyone else had experience with this? Otherwise he is a normal catly type. I guess chew toys wouldn't be the answer...................

aki
04-23-2005, 01:34 PM
When Chuck was younger he chewed all the feet of my daughter's Barbies. Not the hands, just the feet. LOL

catmandu
04-23-2005, 01:36 PM
Scrappy 2,is a bit,of a chewr,if I have bones,I have to hide them,The sparerib bones,are all right,and he just chews,them,to his little Hearts content!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1165.jpg

Laura's Babies
04-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Amy likes to bite down on things. There are teeth marks all over the perches on the cat tree where she attacks and bites it. She chews on boxxes and shreds paper towels.. But none to the piont that it is bothersome... The cat tree is THEIRS so whatever they want to do on it is fine with me.

catnapper
04-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Pouncer is too. He loves to chew the buttons on the computer that operates the CD drive. :rolleyes: Thankfully the button is too small for him to do any damage!

Its amazing what cats will find interesting to chew on. I know we have a PT kitty that lovesto chew flip-flops too! LOL

sarifish
04-23-2005, 05:46 PM
my molly loves to chew on my flip flops it is very aggrivating so i only buy like 2 dollar flip flops

moosmom
04-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Doogie used to chew on my jewelry box (it's wooden). Not sure if he still does it. You'd have to ask Dukedogsmom.

krazyaboutkatz
04-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Sky loves to chew on cardboard boxes.