PDA

View Full Version : It's happen again, kittens and I now know why.

Fox-Gal
04-23-2005, 12:49 PM
I know some might remember my luck with stray kittens, that's how I came about several of the babies I have now.

Well early this morning, while I was taking Mooch out to pee, I hear a car up on the main road stopping. Sense there is nothing anywhere around us, I decided to watch through the trees to make sure no one was having car problems or something.

Threw the trees across the field, I see an old red bronco. This woman gets out, goes to the passenger side, opens the door and takes a box out and walks it across the ditch and sets it down right on the edge of the field. Back in her car she goes, off down the road.

So I carry Mooch back in and take a walk down the lane and across to that field. Yep, you guessed it, a box of 4 kittens!!
:mad:

So now I have 3 kittens back on my screen porch again (one of the kittens was dead.:( ) Too young to even eat yet, so I'm back to bottle feeding till they get a little older and I'm afraid I'm going to have to take these guys to the shelter when they are old enough. I can't keep these, I just have to accept that, there's a limit, even for me.

But I'm now wondering, is that how Tig and Darell got here, too. Could Blondie and her kittens been a drop off too? It might just explain why I find so many strays. People think that dropping cats off in the country is safer or something!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

How could someone be so cruel and stupid? I do realize that our shelters makes it hardier when kittens are involved, they will not take them in if they need to be bottle feed, they are full all the time and to be honest the new woman there has a rep. of being so rude and making people feel like crap if they do bring a animal in, but still............you don't drop kittens off in the woods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeahMM
04-23-2005, 12:52 PM
People are so fricking heartless. That woman had to know that those kittens would have died if you hadn't watched her.

I am so very glad you did though. Now those poor babies have a chance at life.

kimlovescats
04-23-2005, 01:17 PM
:mad: :( :( The "thing" about country roads, is there are no witnesses ... or so they think!;) :mad: What they NEED to realize is if there are no witnesses, then there is also little chance of them being found in time to survive! DUH!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mad:

Thank you for taking these babies in ... pics would be nice if possible too!

(((hugs)))
Kim

MULTICATMOM
04-23-2005, 01:19 PM
HOW SAD:( :mad: GOOD THING THE TIMING WAS RIGHT & YOU SAW THE NEED FOR RESCUE!!

NO, INDEED YOU DO NOT DROP KITTENS ANYWHERE:mad: :mad:

Fox-Gal
04-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
:mad: :( :( The "thing" about country roads, is there are no witnesses ... or so they think!;)

Thank you for taking these babies in ... pics would be nice if possible too!

(((hugs)))
Kim

I know that what she was thinking, no witnesses, little did she know, I was right behind the trees. I wish I could have got her tag #, but trees in the way. :mad: I know if I even see her again, I will know her! :D

OK Pictures, I took these two real quick for you.
I love the face on the one, two tone. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/newkits1.jpg

And the little Orange one, looks a little sick, so med's for him/her. Med's for all to be safe! I always seem to find a orange one. :confused:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Trouble-friends/newkits.jpg

catmandu
04-23-2005, 01:30 PM
What has happened,to make people,so heartless.That is so sad,that she had a Cat,that she didnt bother,having spayed,and then she gets rid,of the Kittens.Meanwhile that Poor Momma,Cat,is meewin,meewing,meewing,trying,to find her Babies,as she knows,that she has milk,and they have,to be fed.I just hope,that someone dumps,that Idiot,in a crappy nursing home,and never visits her.What A LOSER! Bless you,for taking those Babies,in,where they will get Furr ever homes! Found Cats,and I are MMMMEEEEEEOOOOWING,For You.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1165.jpg

aki
04-23-2005, 01:32 PM
How fricken heartless! Look at those little angel faces! I'm glad that you checked and found them!
God bless!
~Aki

Fox-Gal
04-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
Bless you,for taking those Babies,in,where they will get Furr ever homes! Found Cats,and I are MMMMEEEEEEOOOOWING,For You.

Thanks, but don't bless me yet, when they get old enough they will have to go to the shelter, I have no choice and our shelter is a kill shelter. :( :( :( After so many weeks, if no one adopts them, well you know. :( :( :( :(

It breaks my heart, but I know I can't take on all.

kimlovescats
04-23-2005, 01:42 PM
Thank you for the pics! They are so precious!:)

chocolatepuppy
04-23-2005, 01:53 PM
People who dump off animals make me sick! :mad: One day while out walking, I found a tuxedo kitty, about 4 weeks old, in a wooded area. I took him home, he had something wrong with his eye, I figure he was dropped off for that reason. I called my vets to ask for help, and luckily one of the vets uncle was looking for a tuxedo! His eye was ok, nothing serious.
Fox-Gal I'm so glad you're helping these kitties and understand if you're at your limit, you are just being responsible, unlike the woman who dropped them off!

joycenalex
04-23-2005, 02:02 PM
[Originally posted by kimlovescats [/i]
[B]:mad: :( :( The "thing" about country roads, is there are no witnesses ... or so they think!
god is watching, and their karma knows it too. stupid humans

ashleycat
04-23-2005, 02:10 PM
where u live, i can beg hubby to let me adopt !!

dukedogsmom
04-23-2005, 02:24 PM
I hope there's a very warm place waiting for that witch! Too bad you didn't get the tag so you could find out who it was that did it. I scrolled up and saw you had posted pics. That little peach one would make a good match for Doogie but one cat and one dog is all I can do right now. I so wish I could take one. They are so sweet. Put them on petfinder! Maybe someone would adopt them there.

Fox-Gal
04-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by ashleycat
where u live, i can beg hubby to let me adopt !!

I live in Florida. I so wish I lived closer. :(
Too bad this wasn't a few weeks ago or something. I have friends that are in Austin, this weekend for a wedding, maybe they could have made a drop off. ;)

Well the kittens are still young and that gives me some time and hope. So if anyone knows anyone in Florida or even coming down this way, that would love a cute cute kitty............Let me know.

There life started out, bad........it shouldn't have to end bad also.

catcrazylady
04-23-2005, 02:45 PM
What a crying shame! Those babies would never have survived on their own!!! Thank God you saw her and were able to rescue them.
They will be adopted quickly through the shelter. They are so cute!! It's ok that you have your limit and they will go to the shelter. You can't save them all! At least you are willing to help those poor tiny things and give them the chance at life.
Bless you for that!!

That "thing" of a woman will get hers one day!:mad: :mad: :mad:

catnapper
04-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Grrr... I hate people like this. At the last Adoption Event, a woman brought in a cat. She was driving down a country lane and the car in front of her suddenly slowed down and then they tossed a cat out the window. They didn't even stop! :mad:

The woman got out and grabbed the cat. She was SOOOOO pretty, and SOOO very scared. I would have chased those people down, but the lady who brought the cat in was only concerned with getting the cat to a good place.

How can people be so mean? It boggles my mind.

Laura's Babies
04-23-2005, 04:30 PM
If you HAD been able to get her tag number and called the law... That IS against the law.. I would make posters to put around town addresed to the Lady (?) in the red Bronco and tell her THANKS for dumping your irresponsiability on ME and in big letters GET YOUR CAT SPAYED!!

People like that make me SICK!:mad:

IRescue452
04-23-2005, 04:56 PM
This lady's probably some sort of collector who can't handle all the kittens. I'm glad you took them in and I don't hold it against you that you can't keep them, at least you are giving them a chance. I don't remember people dropping of animals at the farm I lived on as a kid but I'm sure thats how we got a few cats. Lakeland is out in the middle of nowhere and we get dump-offs. People seem to think that students will take home their cats(which they do if they can catch them). We have a black one thats a little over a year old and showed up last October out of nowhere. The cat colony at Lakeland has only 4 adult ferals right now because most were taken in by students, they are all grey, how did we come across a black cat that isn't accepted by the other cats? I'm sure she was dumped. I hope you can recognize her car or her if you should see her somewhere and tip off the police on this lady who is dumping cats. Good luck with the kittens I hope they all make it.

shais_mom
04-23-2005, 05:08 PM
Some people are just to stupid to breathe....
:(

I will keep the babies in my thoughts and prayers.

krazyaboutkatz
04-23-2005, 05:43 PM
These kind of people make me sick.:mad: I'm so glad that you were there to take them in and save them.:D They're so adorable.:)

Fox-Gal
04-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm glad to know you all understand why I can't keep them. As you know I have over 100 pets now, some would think, whats 3 more, but it is too much.

OH, I have to brag on my other babies, Blondie and Sassy. They have taken up with the kittens. I went out earlier and there Blondie and Sassy where, sleeping with the kittens curled up around them.

Of course when I get the camera, they wake up!!! :mad: Blondie who has had kittens, once, and who help with the last strays, is doing it again. She worke up and started licking, the little 2 tone face one. I guess being a mother is who she is, even if they are not hers. Maybe thats why Sassy was there, jealous, she was once the stray that Blondie loved. :D

I wish my dogs could get along as well as my cats do!!

Fox-Gal
04-23-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
I would make posters to put around town addresed to the Lady (?) in the red Bronco and tell her THANKS for dumping your irresponsiability on ME and in big letters GET YOUR CAT SPAYED!!

LOL Like that idea. :D

Shady
04-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Thank God for caring people. And you. Those babies are precious and as they say, everything happens for a reason and that reason must be for them to have a safe haven away from idiots like that.

I'm so happy you saw what she was up to otherwise the result would surely have been tragic.

K9soul
04-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Bless their little hearts.. and yours, Libby. I think everyone here understands that no one can continually keep taking all the animals out there that need them, everyone has a limit and you have to do the best you can to look after the fur family you have now. You are giving them a chance though, and they are adorable kittens which raises their chances for adoption. I will pray for them that they find the forever homes they deserve. {{Hugs}} to you Libby.

QueenScoopalot
04-23-2005, 07:13 PM
What a heartless piece of excrement to rip babies from their mother, and throw them out like garbage. :mad: :mad: :mad: Maybe the poor mom cat was ditched elsewhere, but I'm sure she's probably crying her her missing babies. :( I'm so glad you found them in time, and sure wish you had got her license plate number and did as Laura said..put posters everywhere, and report the sorry piece of scum. :mad: They are such innocent babies that didn't deserve to be dumped like that. I have a great recipe for kitten formula that I've raised many bottle babes off of. Nutricious, and they love it. P.M me if you want the recipe. ;)

moosmom
04-24-2005, 05:49 PM
What I think of that piece of excrement cannot be posted on PT. All I can say is you are a lifesaver!!! Maybe you can get in touch with a rescue organization instead of the shelter??

It's her own damn fault for not having her cat spayed! UGH!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: There's a place waiting for her in HELL!!

ashleycat
04-24-2005, 06:10 PM
makes me want to move to country, so i can rescue too

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-25-2005, 02:34 AM
:eek: OMG, this is making me so :mad: !! If I would see a thing like this, I would not be able to keep calm... . Guess I would run to the car and scream : "you %$ยง** @*$ch!!!!!":mad: :mad:
I hope she burns in hell!!

Thanks so much for saving those poor kittens!! If only I lived closer.... :(

ramanth
04-25-2005, 01:24 PM
How aweful!! :( :mad:

Thank you for saving them. That calico is so cute! :D

Fox-Gal
04-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Update on kittens.

There are now at my Vet's office, being caried for there intill, they get old enough for a forever home.

If you have any interested in how this came about, It's here.
http://67.15.70.205/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77678

furrykidsmother
04-26-2005, 11:31 AM
Oh, they are such precious little tykes! So, sweet, how could anyone have just dumped them off like that. Thank you for finding them. I hope that your vet will be able to find them a wonderful home, they deserve it!

momcat
04-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Hey there, Foxgirl! I just read your post about those abandoned babies and I'm so angry I'm seeing RED! How could anyone do such a horrible and abusive thing especially to animal babies?!? I'm sorry to hear that one didn't make it, there's no excuse for that! For that *****(I will NOT give her the dignity of saying person) who abandoned them with such cruelty and indifference, I do hope her evil deed will come back to haunt her. On behalf of my Groucho and all the kitties everywhere, thank you for helping...thank you, thank you, thank you