PDA

View Full Version : Three legged babies

catnapper
04-23-2005, 11:33 AM
The rescue currently has two kittens that were born missing a leg, and hubby just "allowed" me to take them on! Yippie!

Only problem: they are tabbies, AND I've been told that they are NOT allowed to stay.

I'll let you know more as I do! Woohoo! I am sooo excited! KITTENS! :)

jazzcat
04-23-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm giggling here. You and tabby foster, LOL! Special needs at that. I think your will power is in for a work out.

Killearn Kitties
04-23-2005, 11:44 AM
I sense trouble ahead!! :D

QueenScoopalot
04-23-2005, 11:45 AM
I can't wait to see them! What do you mean hubby says they're tabbies, and can't stay? All PTers should have a special needs kitty/s in their home to take the load off me lol!:D One thing you have to be careful of, is if they have a stump, and it isn't amputated at the hip, the stump can become damaged by them walking on hard surfaces, and by being kittens. Keep an eye on the stumps for signs of swelling, or open areas. Impy ended up having his leg amputated at the hip, as he tore the stump to shreds and it got infected (It didn't help that he was outside, and running on tar before I ehem...stole him). Don't want to alarm you any, but just give you a few things to watch for. If you dye them black, or a solid color other than tabby...can you keep them? :confused: :D

catnapper
04-23-2005, 11:49 AM
QSA, thanks for the helpful hint. I don't know anything about them outside the fact that they were a litter of 4 - one 4 legger already adopted, one 3 legger already adopred. That leave the two left for me! :D

Here's the only pic I have. I don't know which of the three are the ones I'm getting
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/3leggedbabies.jpg

I don't even know if they are boys, girls, or one of each! :D

Can ya tell I'm excited?

QueenScoopalot
04-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Kim, THEY'RE PURRECIOUS looking!!!:D :D :D

jazzcat
04-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Oh Kim they are adorable. I love the faces on those tabbies.

You'll never make it, LOL!!!!!

christa
04-23-2005, 12:22 PM
LOL . . . first of all congrats!

That pic is cracking me up! The two on each side look like they're talking to each other! LOL . . . that is so cute!

Can't wait to see LOTS of pics!

Laura's Babies
04-23-2005, 12:29 PM
They look like normal kittens to me... sweet, loveable, adoreable, cute and ADOPTABLE!

krazyaboutkatz
04-23-2005, 12:30 PM
They're adorable. I can't wait to see and hear more about them.:D

manda_moo87
04-23-2005, 01:34 PM
SO PRECIOUS!! :D :D

kimlovescats
04-23-2005, 01:39 PM
*snicker, snicker* I sense another Rescue Failure coming!!!! HOW ADORABLE!!!!:D :D :D

catmandu
04-23-2005, 01:41 PM
What sweet Little Kittens.And I think,taht they will do well,in your home,and that all,the Cats,will get along,so well,Pouncer Angel,is coming over,to help,with the Kittens adjustment,and she will tell,her protege Pouncer,to be extra careful,with the Little Babies!

catcrazylady
04-23-2005, 02:40 PM
OMG!!! They are all ADORABLE!! Kim you know they are going to steal your heart. Didn't hubby say you couldn't keep Abby and Harry too?;) :D
Wait until he sees these special needs babies and I bet HE will want to keep them!
Keep going girlfriend and your gonna catch up with us double digit folks!:D :D :D

catnapper
04-23-2005, 02:56 PM
They already have stolen my heart! :eek: And I don't have them yet! I'm in trouble, aren't I? But I must be strong and get those little ones ready for their furrever homes!

catnapper
04-23-2005, 03:34 PM
*Sniff* I am so disappointed - the rescue is giving my babies to someone else. Its a family that only wants young kittens. They currently have no fosters, so they will give the kittens to them isntead. Waaaaaahhhhh

I suppose its all for the best - I would have been tooo tempted to keep those precous little ones!

jenluckenbach
04-23-2005, 03:44 PM
You should count your blessings (unless you were prepared to have 6 cats......LOL)

I am sorry that you missed out on them though, but there will be MORE!!!

catcrazylady
04-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Jen is probably right. What a shame though because I was really looking forward to watching you fail!!!;) :p :D

catnapper
04-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Jen is probably right. What a shame though because I was really looking forward to watching you fail!!!;) :p :D
HEY!!! I don't know how to respond to that one! :D :p

jenluckenbach
04-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
HEY!!! I don't know how to respond to that one! :D :p
(LOL).....she is speachless :eek:

moosmom
04-24-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by catnapper

Only problem: they are tabbies, AND I've been told that they are NOT allowed to stay.

Oh SSUUUURRREE!! *wink wink, nod, nod*

catcrazylady
04-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
(LOL).....she is speachless :eek:

I finally did it!!! I left her speachless!!!:D :D :D

Really Kim I just meant that it would be fun to see you fail and watch them grow up on PT.:D

catnapper
04-24-2005, 06:38 PM
Yeah yeah, right. I know your ulterior motives~ :D :p