PDA

View Full Version : i dont know why, but..

ashleycat
04-22-2005, 11:37 PM
ok, heres the thing, kitty dont poop much, so i dont have to scoop her poop litter box often, she has 2 boxes, one she poo one she pee, anyways, her poo gets mold on it, really fast, i dunno why, could it be where its placed? its on the front side of house facing north, in a corner next to a window. i want to move her box, but she will keep going in that corner, thats why i had to put a box there in the first place.. PLUS anyone know any good stuff i can use to get the pee smell out of carpet with out pulling up to get to the padding.?

Laura's Babies
04-23-2005, 09:29 AM
There IS something out there that will take that smell right out of the carpet but I forget what it is called. Maybe someone else remembers........?

TopCat3
04-23-2005, 09:56 AM
I was browsing a website the other day called www.stickypaws.com think that had something on it about cat pee & carpets. Also I read about flooding the area with white vinegar - sorry I don't remember which site I saw that on. Good luck.

RedHedd
04-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
There IS something out there that will take that smell right out of the carpet but I forget what it is called. Maybe someone else remembers........? Nature's Miracle - you can get it at Petco or any other pet supply store.

ashleycat
04-23-2005, 02:04 PM
ive tried a knock of brand of that natures miracle, didnt work.

catmandu
04-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Yiu can get a very Good Odour Neutralizer,at the Vets,or Lysol,works very well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/FoundCatFollies117.jpg

ashleycat
04-23-2005, 02:58 PM
how do u use lysol? pour it soak it thru? i might have some,

mruffruff
04-24-2005, 01:24 AM
Natures Miracle or Simple Solution Stain & Odor Remover. Pour enough on to soak the carpet and padding, soak up the excess with towels and let it dry. The odor will disappear in a couple of days. These solutions have enzymes that neutralize the bacteria that causes the odors.

I once used a half gallon on the back seat of my car after a foster dog soaked it. It was the only thing that worked. Nothing like driving around in a smelly car!

Go to DrsFosterSmith.com to see them.

Mary

QueenScoopalot
04-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
[B]Yiu can get a very Good Odour Neutralizer,at the Vets,or Lysol,works very well.
Lysol can be toxic to cats! It contains chemicals the cat cannot metabolize well. http://www.fda.gov/cvm/con2.htm
"Additionally, products containing phenol, such as Lysol, should not be used around cats because of their unique way of metabolizing these products".

sirrahbed
04-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Nature's Miracle worked the best for me, too. At first I was not using enogh - it has to really soak down in the padding and I did not sop any up at first either as I wanted it to soak into the padding, baseboards and flooring - kept it wet for the first couple days and then dried it up and the odor was gone.

It can be really hard as you may not be getting all of the spots. Have you tried a black light? Just on regular one like popular in the 70's or there is one called a 'stinklight" but it costs more. If you put only this blacklight on at night - no other lights and literally crawl around the room with it - it will flouresce any areas with pee on them - even a spray or drops on the wall or floor board.

This is SOOO frustrating I know - went through it with my previous cats several years ago as we had a "geriatric ward" for awhile and they had problems with it to the end. Eventually - sorry to say - we did have to tear out sections of old carpet, padding and baseboards to get rid of the smell - then change furniture some so the bare areas were covered. We had to do it until the air smelled fresh. What we found was that it was mostly the WOOD that held the odor and what a relief to have it gone!!! So check baseboards, OK?? That might be your problem. And they are easy enough to replace if you have to:)

Cataholic
04-24-2005, 11:28 AM
I have found a product called Odor Xit ( I think) is the only thing that works..on couches, carpet, clothes, etc.

I think if you do not treat both the wood and the padding you will have a tough time eliminating all the odor.