PDA

View Full Version : You all are going to hate me...

Samantha Puppy
04-22-2005, 10:36 PM
I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I haven't been around for quite awhile. The beginning of this month, I was dealt a pretty big blow at work and I've been taking time to "lick my wounds", so to speak.

Around that same time, I was in talks with moosmom to adopt one of her babies. We were getting as far as setting up a transport, but once all these problems started happening at work I (sadly) backed out. Donna, I hope you know how broken up I was/am about having to do that.

Well, I've been down in the dumps for about 3 weeks now. It's been weird - I've had "down" times before, but never have I felt quite like this. I think it's because not only did work affect those 40 hours a week, it was also affecting our (mine and Josh's) future plans - family plans, etc. It's bad enough when you hate your job and you have to deal with it for 40 hours a week but when it affects you at home and is affecting your future, it's a billion times worse.

Josh has been great though, trying to do everything he can think of to cheer me up. "Little Shop of Horrors" is in town and he knows I love that play (he hates theatre, especially that show) so he got us tickets to see it next weekend. He's been supplying me with a steady stream of Wendy's chicken nuggets (because as I've stated before, it is no secret that they are laced with crack - they're SO addictive). But today... today he topped it all.

We had to go to the new PetSmart down the street to return something I'd gotten for Samantha. He wanted to look at the fish tanks (he can't wait to start an aquarium) and I wanted to show him an adorable calico kitty that was there a couple days ago. She was gone, but there were two little 8 week old black and white girl kitties who were absolutely adorable. Of course everyone was crowded around them and they were shy and hiding... until I went up and put my finger on the glass. They both put their paws up to "touch" mine. I about melted right then and there. I turned around and (almost jokingly) said "Ohhhhh, they're so cute! Can we take them home?" FULLY EXPECTING HIM TO SAY "YEAH RIGHT" and drag me out to the car. Instead, he smiled at me and said, "You owe me so big!"

My mouth dropped. I told him that we couldn't afford it and that's when he laid the big one on me. "I was waiting for the right time to tell you but I guess this'll do. John <his boss> gave me a HUGE bonus and is doubling my salary. We can afford it and I can tell there is something there, why else would they be shy with everyone else but reach out and touch you?" So there he stood, Mr. "I-hate-cats", convincing ME that we COULD take them!!

So here we are, back home... with four cats :eek: :eek: :eek: and one poor dog who doesn't know what hit her. Kirin and Sushi have hissed at the girls a couple times but they've hissed right back (they've got the brother-sister routine down pat already!). No one's gotten physical, so I'm assuming the hissing is just them figuring out who's the boss and all that. They're not too sure of Samantha, but aside from pouncing at them a couple times (trying to play), she's been AWESOME with them. Everyone's working out even better than I hoped.

I have them upstairs in a separate room from the rest of the crew and we'll probably do that for a week or two. I also will put them up there an hour or two a day (and all day when we're at work) for a couple weeks until they're acclimated to the house, Josh and I, and their siblings.

I'm sorry this is so long, but there was a lot to say. I hope no one's upset with me for ditching Donna and then ending up with TWO other kitties. If it's any consolation, I did NOT want to "ditch" you, Donna. Josh wondered for about 4 nights why I was crying myself to sleep. I think he ended up chalking it up to work.

Anyway... so there you go... Let the bashing begin... :(

Samantha Puppy
04-22-2005, 10:39 PM
By the way, their names are Kimi and Amaya. Kimi means "She Who is Without Equal" (quite fitting for a female cat, if you ask me) and Amaya means "night rain" which is fitting because it's been raining since about 5 minutes after we brought them home.

kimlovescats
04-22-2005, 10:47 PM
I don't see why anyone would bash you! CONGRATULATIONS on the GREAT work promotion for your hubby, and the TWO new babies!!! Black and WHites .... :eek: :eek: must see pics ASAP!!! I like their names (especially Kimi)!;) :D

jazzcat
04-22-2005, 10:52 PM
OMG!!!!! Yes, I have wondered where you were and I knew you were talking to Donna about adopting one but when you disappeared and Donna didn't say anything more I thought it must have fallen through.

I don't think anyone could get mad and look what you did, helped the kitten population in your area so good for you!!!!!

I can't wait to see pictures, how exciting.

Your hubby sounds like one very special guys - chicken nuggets and kittens, who could ask for more! :D ;)

I hope things are better for you at work or at least working itself out. Hang in there.

PJ's Mom
04-22-2005, 11:19 PM
Awww Jaime. I'm so glad to see you back. Congrats on the new kitties, and I can't speak for anyone else, but I have no intention of bashing you. ;) You still did a great thing. :)

krazyaboutkatz
04-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Congrats on the new kittens!!! They sound adorable and I can't wait to see their pictures.:D

jenluckenbach
04-23-2005, 05:10 AM
Hugs to you for all your troubles....Hugs to Josh for being a WONDERFUL man....and then more hugs to you for getting new kitties. :D:D

I know you wanted moosmom's kitten, but the logistics of a long distance adoption looked like it was failing any way. Some things are MEANT to be. and there is just NO fighting it. ALL things happen for a reason.....remember that!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! (kitten pictures!!)

carole
04-23-2005, 05:19 AM
Ok where are the pics? congrats on your two new furbabies, I am thrilled you have given a good home to these sweet kitties, I am sure no-one is mad at you here, we will leave that to Donna , seriously though , some things just don't work out for a reason, and I am sure Donna may have been disappointed, but will understand, she is a caring, kind person with a heart of gold ,it sounds like the transport was difficult for you.

GOOD LUCK with the new additons and I really hope you are feeling better within yourself now, so cheer up now and enjoy those precious wee souls.:)

catcrazylady
04-23-2005, 07:21 AM
Wow! You have got a lot of stuff going on at once! Poor thing.
First, I know first hand just how horrible it is to be miserable at your job. I'm really sorry you are having to experience that. Maybe you can find another job and get away from that. It isn't worth it!

Second, your hubby sounds like a very wonderful and caring man. What a sweety!!! A big congratulations to him for his raise!

Third, why in world would anyone be upset that you adopted these kittens? I bet Donna won't be upset so why would anyone else? Donna would be the only person that you should be worried about and I really don't think she is going to be upset. You rescued two babies and that is the important thing. We sure are happy!!!!:D :D :D

Fourth, how could you possibly have posted this without pictures????!!! That is what will get you into trouble!!!;) :D

chocolatepuppy
04-23-2005, 07:37 AM
Congratulations on your new kittys! We need pics! I'm sure moosmom will understand, that was a long transport you were planning and I agree with some of the others, things happen for a reason. I hope things are turning around for you now in your life! :)

rosethecopycat
04-23-2005, 08:02 AM
I'm of course happy that kittens got a home, but kittens are not an answer to all your problems. It seems like an emotional decision made in an emotional state.

Kittens aslo don't stay kittens for long. I hope you are doing a long, slow integration. Adding a 3rd and 4th cat can really effect 'cat dynamics' in your home, EVEN if they seem to be getting along right now, it may not be the case in the future.

My 2 cents.

Best of luck with your girls,

moosmom
04-23-2005, 08:06 AM
Samantha Puppy,

No bashing here, honey! I am not mad, nor disappointed. I am absolutely THRILLED that you were able to rescue not one, but TWO kittens from the PetSmart shelter!! :D:D:D:D And I know that they now have a wonderful, furrrever home. ;)

Josh sounds like a keeper to me!

Like Jen said, things happen for a reason. :D Don't forget the pictures.:)

catnapper
04-23-2005, 08:34 AM
No bashing here. I think its great that you doubled your kitty-ness! *giggle*

From experience, I was depressed last year -- severe, big-time depression - and the kittens helped me sooooo much. It gave me SOMETHING to laugh at and look forward to and seriously was the start to my depression lifting. I hope it does the same for you. I hope your work issues clear up.

Want a fish tank? I got one in the basement with a new new heater and filter. It might be a bit dirty since hubby was in charge of taking it down after Pouncer killed the last fish :rolleyes:

PD: So where are the pictures of these beauties? ;)

neko1
04-23-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Samantha Puppy

Well, I've been down in the dumps for about 3 weeks now. It's been weird - I've had "down" times before, but never have I felt quite like this. I think it's because not only did work affect those 40 hours a week, it was also affecting our (mine and Josh's) future plans - family plans, etc. It's bad enough when you hate your job and you have to deal with it for 40 hours a week but when it affects you at home and is affecting your future, it's a billion times worse.

Wow that pretty much sums up my life right now :(

Anyway, Congrats on the new kitties!!! :)

Laura's Babies
04-23-2005, 09:25 AM
I have searched and searched for thos pictures of the two new additions.. Did I miss them?

Yep, nothing warms the heart and brings a smile as fast as kittens do...

sarifish
04-23-2005, 09:36 AM
awwww there needs to be more Joshes in the world how sweet not just any man would do that. im glad u are starting to feel better and have your 2 new additions we need pics!!! hehe and i dont know why ayone would bash you for that u still rescued 2 kitties

Samantha Puppy
04-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Wow, thanks everyone! I'm so glad you aren't mad at me - especially you, Donna. :) I guess I should've had more faith in you all but in my life right now, faith is in short demand. :)

I wanted to post pics last night but my computer's been slower than molasses. I'll try now.

One of the babies on Daddy, with Sushi having jumped in the carrier to check everything out.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/p589635859e1562a4100767dc035f1661/f4609122.jpg

How many kitties do you see in this picture?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/p688cd2142691f242e0a0402536edc23a/f46090f4.jpg

How 'bout now?
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/p3229dc545517f813d9280d28ec347b0c/f46090de.jpg

Kimi.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/p949262753a77a87334862a77a5b001f2/f460910c.jpg

Little girls...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/pef316404b1845b7d7fb8fe826761b6a2/f46090d3.jpg

Kimi climbing, Amaya watching
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/pb4866367d1de055df95fb3233f582c15/f46090cb.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid165/p62f1ad0013a2be09f23cd6a6c4770652/f46090ab.jpg

That's all for now!

cloverfdx
04-23-2005, 10:19 AM
Oh my doG what a suprise :D. Bashings? no way, congratulations on your new girls.

catnapper
04-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Hey, I just realized that we have even counts in our houses -- one bewildered doggy and 4 cats that run the place! :D

They are absolutely beautiful little girls.

chocolatepuppy
04-23-2005, 10:34 AM
Aw..they are cuties! :D

luvofallhorses
04-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Congrats and thank you for saving them! :D They are adorable:)

jazzcat
04-23-2005, 11:22 AM
Awww!!! They are adorable!

Please give handsome Sushi and Kirin some extra consoling scritchies for me. They might be a little unsure at first but I bet they'll all be playing and having fun in no time.

Poor Samanta, LOL. She probably doesn't know what hit her.

Samantha Puppy
04-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by jazzcat
Please give handsome Sushi and Kirin some extra consoling scritchies for me. They might be a little unsure at first but I bet they'll all be playing and having fun in no time.

Poor Samanta, LOL. She probably doesn't know what hit her. Sushi and Kirin are a little leary - they're sniffing a lot and hissed a few times last night but other than that they aren't being nasty at all, just curious. If anything, it's the girls who are mouthing off more! Anytime Sushi, Kirin or Sam come near them to sniff (there's been no "violence" on ANYONE'S part), the girls start growling and hissing. It's cute. As soon as Josh or I tap their heads and say 'no' though, they stop. Josh was really perplexed about it last night but I told him that they were thrown into an entirely new situation - they don't know us yet, they don't know their siblings yet - they're just confused and need time to adjust.

I cleaned out the spare bedroom so they weren't just stuck in the spare bathroom. Now they have an entire room to run around! I bring them out for about 2 hour breaks and then put them back up there for another couple hours. Seems to be working out well so far. They get to explore the house and get used to their older brothers and sister, and then they get time off.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Awwwwwwwww... those two are soooo cute!!
How could anybody be mad for this?? Instead of 1, you rescued 2 little kittens!! CONGRATS!!! I like their names a lot too :)
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20686%20ooiievaar_met_kitten.gif

kuhio98
04-23-2005, 11:50 AM
Congratulations on your new babies. We're all just thrilled and 2 more babies have found a wonderful home.

Pepper is a little worried, though. She hopes that Kirin doesn't replace her in his heart with one of his "sisters". :p

krazyaboutkatz
04-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Your new baby girls are so adorable and I love their names too.:D It sounds like you're doing well with the introductions too. Good luck.:)

moosmom
04-23-2005, 12:20 PM
What beautiful girls!!! I'm so glad they have you in their lives! Please keep posting those pictures.

BTW, Samantha Puppy...

I paid a visit to the shelter today and Mattie Grace and her babies are doing SO well!!! Sassie will be getting her furrever home in about a week. A woman came in today looking for a kitten for her older son and fell in LOVE with Sassie!! I'm SO happy!!!

kimlovescats
04-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Not one but TWO black & whities!!!! TOO CUTE!!!:D Congratulations again!:)

jenluckenbach
04-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Cute, cute, cute!

catcrazylady
04-23-2005, 02:42 PM
They just don't come much cuter than that!!!:D :D :D

catmandu
04-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Bash,one of Our Friends.Never.Things happen,for a reason,and you were meant,to have those Kittens,just as I was meant,to take in Scrappy 2,and rehome Hershey Bar.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1196.jpg

I felt bad,but Hershey Bar,was ceratin,of a Furr Ever Home,being a Pure Bred Meezer,while Scrappy 2,was a feral.and would have been,a tougher sell.Bless Josh,for understanding,that you HAD,to have those Babies! What a Fine Gentleman,he is!

Samantha Puppy
04-23-2005, 04:25 PM
More Josh news...

I was talking to him today, giving him a hug for being amazing, and he said "Do you realize we have FIVE animals now?" and started laughing. I looked up at him and said "You didn't have to say yes. I really didn't expect you to." He replied, "Yes I did." I told him he didn't. He said he did. So I said "I wouldn't have been mad. I know I can't save every animal in the world." And he actually looked at me, hugged me again and said "I didn't say yes because of you." My mouth dropped open. He gave me one more squeeze and said "I'm just never going into another pet store ever again!" and walked away.

LOL! He's always put on such a macho tough-guy act with EVERYTHING, but I think some of my mushiness is rubbing off on him!! :)

shais_mom
04-23-2005, 05:36 PM
I think its great you have given these 2 babies a great home!
Long distance adoption would be very hard. And it all works out in the end! :)
Mad??? Never crossed my mind!!

Happy ?? YOU bet!

moosmom
04-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Hubby sounds like a keeper to me!!! What a wonderful man! Does he have a brother, uncle, grandfather, friend who'd like to date an "older" woman??? :p:D

Craftlady
04-24-2005, 06:13 PM
Congrats on the two new additions to the furry kids family. :)

Samantha Puppy
04-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Hubby sounds like a keeper to me!!! What a wonderful man! Does he have a brother, uncle, grandfather, friend who'd like to date an "older" woman??? :p:D LOL

He has all but grandfathers so I'll ask around! ;)

Samantha Puppy
04-24-2005, 07:27 PM
By the way, CCL, when we were waiting for the PetSmart people to get us the appropriate forms, Josh looked at me and said "You're turning into one of those crazy cat ladies!" It made me think of you. :)

catnapper
04-24-2005, 07:27 PM
LOL... sounds like we are married to twins! I keep failing fostering, not because I want to keep them, but because HE wants to keep them. You should see him taking Pouncer into Minette's room every morning to introduce them and get Minette used to the idea of Pouncer. Anyone who thinks they know him in the outside world would fall over to see him do that!

Samantha Puppy
04-24-2005, 07:31 PM
I know, it's so funny! He "hates" cats. Nevermind that he would pick up Sushi and Kirin and blow raspberries at them. Nevermind that when I'm out of the room, he'll pick up one of them and take them to the door so they can look out. If I happen to catch him, he acts like he's about to throw them out - even though he's cradling them like a baby. And whenever one of them jumps up and cuddles on HIM? He looks at me with this smug smile on his face. Yeah, he hates cats alright.

Like you, if any of his/our friends saw him act like this, you could knock them over with a feather! LOL

moosmom
04-24-2005, 07:52 PM
Now why can't I find a guy like that who lives near me???? I just don't get it!:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

rosethecopycat
04-24-2005, 09:56 PM
They are very cute girlies.

I have a soft spot for B/W cats.