PDA

View Full Version : Boo boo finger!

PJ's Mom
04-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Last Sunday, I sliced my finger pretty badly. It bled off and on for a couple of days, but now it's healing nicely. Anyway, to the point.

After I cut my finger, every time Peej would smell it, even though it was covered, he would run from me. :confused: I told him mommy had a boo boo finger, since everytime he gets hurt it's always a "boo boo..." That didn't do any good. He still ran away from me.

So here 's the question...does your dog run from you when you are bleeding, or otherwise hurt? Does your dog try to take care of you when you get hurt or have surgery or are sick? I thought it was normal for a dog to try to lick the boo boo, not run from it. :rolleyes:

Maybe he's squeamish. :p

pethop
04-22-2005, 08:05 PM
awww... peej such a sweet boy.

petslover
04-22-2005, 08:11 PM
awww..

Tiger is always by myside when I get hurt or sick. He won't leave my side.

:)

jennifert9
04-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Well, I try NOT to bleed to often!! LOL:D but when I do, Duncan is all over it!! I can barely get the bandaid off before he's sticking his nose in to see what is going on!!
Poor PJ, he must be scared! What a cutie! :)

Oggyflute
04-22-2005, 08:14 PM
I think they doo seem to sense distress and discomfort. When I was laid up a little while ago, Oggy & Flute seemed to know I was not too good, and where a lot quieter.

cocker_luva
04-22-2005, 08:17 PM
awww sweet Peej. is ur mommy being a meanie? ;)

IRescue452
04-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Autumn tries to cure cuts with her wet-nose syrum. Take one wet nose and press it to the cut until it is healed. If you laugh at her she will shower you with kisses and do a healing medicine dance "wiggle butt left wiggle butt right". I'm having way too much fun with this thread. Its very cute how Peej associates your boo boo with something thats not good, maybe he thinks its contagious!

PJ's Mom
04-22-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm glad my boo boo is amusing to some of you. :p

It doesn't matter what I do to make myself bleed, if he smells blood, he's gone! So much for my faithful companion. :p

I'd love to see Autumn heal you. lol

joanofark
04-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Duke and Max both try to lick it up when I start bleeding.:p

I agree, He's squeamish, lol:p

Bigyummydog
04-23-2005, 02:18 PM
maybe PEEJ just can't bear to see you in pain :( awww, poor baby...MAXIMUS reacts totally opposite of that...blood! where?...and you will be licked clean before you know it....and for being sick he will just hang around always checking, or bring one of his toys to bed next to you....of course he would be sucking his toy for you...

Rachel
04-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Does your dog try to take care of you when you get hurt or have surgery or are sick?

Well, I don't know about a booboo, but if I am unhappy and cry, my dogs are *we're outa here*. No consolation or licking away my tears, so I better contain myself if I want the benefit of *the healing paw*. Actually my previous two were even less sympathetic than are these two.

PJ's Mom
04-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Well, I don't know about a booboo, but if I am unhappy and cry, my dogs are *we're outa here*. No consolation or licking away my tears, so I better contain myself if I want the benefit of *the healing paw*.

Peej is exactly the same way! If I cry, I won't see him again for awhile. Bailey could care less as long as I don't drop a tear on her. :D

I wonder why some dogs care and some dont. I don't run away when they cry! :p