PDA

View Full Version : I got contacts!

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Oh boy, I'm bubbling over now...I got contacts today! And am glasses free!! YAY!!! Just thought I'd express my happiness! lol:D:D:D They feel so weird right now, but I'm gonna get used to them!!;)

PJ's Mom
04-22-2005, 07:26 PM
I was thinking of getting some colored contacts. How do they feel?

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Well, they were a little difficult to get in, but once I did, they don't feel too bad...:) They were cool on my eyes at first, and my eyes are kind of dry right now which is normal, and every time I move my eyes, I can feel them shift, though it's nothing big.:) I like them though, and it sure feels weird to be able to see without something on my face, lol!:D

PJ's Mom
04-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Congrats! Now take a picture for us to see. :D

Did you get colored contacts?

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-22-2005, 07:35 PM
lol, I would take a pic right now, but I've gotta be going since we have a storm brewing up...:D No, I got clear, disposable contacts, (and am going to get many pairs next week for a year's worth) but I'm happy with them!;)

petslover
04-22-2005, 07:37 PM
Congrats on getting the contacts. I have had them for about 2 years now, and love them. They don't bother me anymore.

Good Luck with the storm!

christa
04-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Next step . . . LASIK!!!

I wore glasses & contacts for 9 years and then got Lasik . . . I just can't believe I ever wore anything!

Congrats on the contacts though! I remember when I got contacts & didn't have to wear glasses . . . it was great!

flamepony12
04-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Pics, Katie!! hehe, congrats! ;)

Luvin Labs
04-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by christa
Next step . . . LASIK!!!

I wore glasses & contacts for 9 years and then got Lasik . . . I just can't believe I ever wore anything!

Congrats on the contacts though! I remember when I got contacts & didn't have to wear glasses . . . it was great!

I'll second this, wore glasses for 15 years, then tried contacts but my astigmatism was too bad to really use them (even with the toric lenses)... so I got lasik and been glasses free for four years :)

Laura's Babies
04-22-2005, 08:12 PM
I have wore glasses for so long that I think I would feel naked without them. Is that Lasik surgery very bad? Can you SEE while they are doing it in that eye? I have thought about it but have so many questions.... now I have somebody to ask!!!! How about recovery time, once done, is that IT? How expensive is it, does insurance cover it ect... I want to be EDUCATED on the whole process....PLEASE!

Toby's my baby
04-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Congrats! A lot of my friends are switching from glasses to contacts, thank goodness I dont need any of them! Good luck with the contacts! ;) :)