PDA

View Full Version : This Woman's One HOT TICKET!!

QueenScoopalot
04-22-2005, 09:02 AM
http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/apmethods/apstory?urlfeed=D89IOS980.xml
(I saw this on the news, but haven't seen it here yet) :eek: :eek:

Woman, 90, Grabs Bobcat's Tail to Free Cat

A 90-year-old woman grabbed a bobcat by the tail to free her beloved pet cat from the wildcat's mouth. Mildred Luce, who lives alone, said the action began one recent day when she looked outside her window and saw the bobcat lying on its side with the head of her 20-year-old cat, Smudge, in its mouth.

Luce ran out the door, grabbed an aluminum snow shovel and pushed it down on the bobcat's neck. But it held on tight.

"Then I took hold of its head with my hand and pulled on its tail, and Smudge popped out," she said.

Smudge hightailed into the house with the bobcat hot on her heels. Once inside, the wildcat calmed down and appeared more bewildered than aggressive, Luce said, wandering from room to room before walking into the bathroom.

A neighbor whom Luce had called for help secured the door until Warden Mark Rollins arrived and snared the animal as it hid behind a shower curtain.

Luce was upset by the episode, even more so because her other cat, 5-year-old Foxy, had been mauled the night before and died two days later.

But Luce never had a second thought about coming to the rescue of Smudge, who is still on the mend.

"I had no fear of it _ I was just interested in saving Smudge," she said.

The bobcat was killed so it could be tested for rabies, and the results were negative.

(Poor bobcat:( :( :( I just hope it didn't have kittens that it was hunting for)

Laura's Babies
04-22-2005, 09:55 AM
:eek: That had to be horriable and the poor baby died...:(

moosmom
04-22-2005, 10:18 AM
:( Poor baby. Maybe now the lady will keep her senior cat safe indoors!!

lute
04-22-2005, 11:40 AM
poor thing:(

IRescue452
04-22-2005, 11:45 AM
All could have been solved if the lady took some responsibility for her cats.

Logan
04-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Some cats, in my opinion, are not suited to be "indoor only", especially after getting a taste of the great outdoors. My Butter, especially would just freak out if he wasn't allowed outside. I probably would freak out too!!! :eek: But, if I thought that bobcats or coyotes were hovering anywhere near my house, I guess I'd find a way to keep mine indoors. It's a personal decision, and I do find fault with people who are irresponsible regarding their cats and dogs, especially when they live on busy streets or highways, and allow their animals to free roam. Thankfully my two cats stick close to our house, and don't venture far, and they spend most of their time on our deck with the dogs, or inside, anyway. Plus we are on a very private, quiet road. But I still understand the risk I take everytime I let them outdoors.

I'm just so happy that Smudge is ok. Amazing to have a 20 year old cat!!!!!!!

CountryWolf07
04-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by IRescue452
All could have been solved if the lady took some responsibility for her cats.

She was 90, lol!

LKPike
04-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Amazing to have a 20 year old cat!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same! :eek: :p I was also thinking its amazing an animal that old didn't suffer a heartattack, stroke, seizure, something from such a stressfull event.

NoahsMommy
04-22-2005, 04:44 PM
I still think its sad they have to kill an animal to test it for rabies. Is that a $$ thing?

You can have your own animal's titers tested and that's a blood test. People get tested too via blood. :( Poor bobcat, it was just doing what it naturally would have.

Glad the woman and Smudge were OK, though.