PDA

View Full Version : Please take care

Sirrahsim
04-21-2005, 11:23 PM
A coworker passed away a couple of weeks ago when his heart just refused to fight anymore. He had traveled to the states to go to his child's wedding and will never be returning to Japan. He was 59 years old and left behind a huge group of children and grand children along with his dear wife who is as sweet as sugar. I wouldn't say that I was close with him, but after working at my club for nearly a year I felt like we were friends.
My first reaction to the news was to protect my own heart by pushing it away and not acknowledging it. Then the reality hit me.
Heart attacks happen.
They are very real and pften times very preventable. It is so upsetting to see the number of people in my own very advanced country throwing themselves away and taking themselves for granted. Once I let the reality sink in, my first thought was for my Dad. He'll be 55 years old this year and I am so thankful that he takes care of himself like he does. I can't imagine losing a loved one, but the death of my coworker has brought me crashing back to reality so hard that I feel like I have lost someone. I've lost my naivety.

You are never too young to start taking care of your heart and your body. He was the chef here at our club, and obviously lived by the saying "Never trust a skinny cook" but none of us saw this coming. When he left Japan, he was healthy and cheerful... Nothing can prepare you for something like this.

I know this is long, and most people have probably stopped reading, but Please. Take care of what God gave you. That doesn't mean that we should burn all fast food places and become vegetarians:rolleyes: It just means that we should think about how your choices affect your body. You only have one heart. Take care of it.
:)

PJ's Mom
04-21-2005, 11:25 PM
What a great post! :) I'm sorry you lost someone close to you. It certainly makes you think though.

finn's mom
04-21-2005, 11:59 PM
I read the entire post. It's a good one. Thanks for the reminder.

sirrahbed
04-22-2005, 06:46 AM
I read it too, Missy and it IS a good reminder. Dad DOES take good care of himself and just passed all of his labwork with A+. I feel so bad about your co-worker.....

We DO need to start exercise more - *I* do!! Now that we have a cat stroller we will be going out more and more!!