PDA

View Full Version : What is your cats favorite thing to do?

NoahsMommy
01-18-2002, 08:15 PM
You can chose more than one option, for multiple cats (and multiple personalities!!). :) :D :) :D

wayne0214
01-20-2002, 06:52 AM
I already voted on one option (and it won't let you edit) -"EAT", but there are others. Besides eating -they like to rest, and play. Usually when one gets up to play the others eventually get up and do the same. I have noticed however, that they do this whenever the Sun is on one of the quarter horizons: 6AM, 12 Noon, 6PM and 12Midnight. Their play usually lasts at least for 20 minutes, sometimes longer. Their favorite time to play is at sunset or from 5:30PM till about dark -depending on the season.

.........wayne:)

Former User
01-20-2002, 08:21 AM
Casper: eating
Kitty: being cute ;)

LoudLou
01-20-2002, 03:05 PM
Ours like to cuddle and give LOTS of headbumpies!... and drool...does anybody else have drooling kitties, we call them love slobbers because they only do it when they cuddle.:)

NoahsMommy
01-21-2002, 11:28 AM
How cute Lou!! Drooling kitties! :D

Noah: Being mommy's shadow
Noel: Trying to eat people food!

AmberLee
01-21-2002, 06:55 PM
Cheating, I suppose, but I clicked 'all of the above' ... at various times and moods...

Livvy is the house 'furry dribble glass of love'. Sooooo cute!

thelmalu99
01-22-2002, 10:15 AM
With my boys, it really depends on what mode they're in, lol. I think Elvis' favorite thing to do is to make himself comfortable in a nice, warm lap. When they told me that he is a "lap cat", they sure weren't kidding! He also loves to run around and chase his brother when he gets his sudden bursts of energy.
Danny loves to play. He will attack anything and everything he can get his little paws on. When he sleeps, though, he sleeps hard. :rolleyes:

Pam
01-22-2002, 05:00 PM
Trevor: With Trevor it's a toss-up. He likes to sleep so he is refreshed for his next meal! :D

Andy: Andy loves his naps!

Lou, Andy is my little drooler. A few minutes of cuddling and watch out! :) Sometimes I think I should get him a bib!

purrley
01-23-2002, 06:57 AM
Braydee (11 mo. old) cat and Tess (4 mo. old Chihuahua) just love to play together. They wrestle every time they are together. This is just so cute. Sometimes Braydee acts like he's had just about enough and then he goes after Tess again. Tess barks and nips at Braydee. Braydee swats at her, plops down on his back, Tess jumps on his tummy and Braydee puts her in a head lock - it's just hilarious to watch. I keep thinking one or the other is going to get hurt, but never happens. Braydee's claws never come out. Tess gets a mouthful of fur on occasion:D

yumyum6970
01-23-2002, 10:32 AM
Yum Yum loves to do all of the above and dutchess just loves to sleep and go outside.

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

C.C.'s Mom
01-24-2002, 09:15 AM
Eddy likes to sleep and when she's awake she likes to sit with her eyes closed.

Rudie likes to pretend to be sleeping, having one eye open in case I go to the kitchen. He thinks I always need his help or he needs to explain things to me.

Gio
01-25-2002, 05:28 AM
I could also vote only for one of my cats :(

Prema: certainly likes to be my shadow. If I'm in the house she almost always wants to be in the same room as me.When the weather is nice, in that case she loves to be on our balcony, she lies in the sun in her basket and she meows repeatedly for me to go and join her. So I have to go and see her at regular intervals or she screams the place down.

Maya: EAT, there is no doubt about that

With Foxy is more difficult, he likes to eat, play, pester his sisters and did I mention play? :D

NoahsMommy
01-25-2002, 01:11 PM
CC's mom....too funny! I did wonder why Noah always joins me in the kitchen!! :)

Gio....too cute!! Prema sounds like a character! She sure loves you!!

catwoman
01-25-2002, 02:23 PM
Thelma: be my shadow
Weezie: eat

And hey Thelmalu ~ I was relieved to see there wasn't a special entry for Elvis, aka "loverboy." :o Is he still doing that? :confused:

thelmalu99
01-25-2002, 02:56 PM
LOL, Dianne! No, he hasn't been making any moves on me lately...to be quite honest, I'm relieved too. He's very affectionate, and I love that, but there are limits! LOL!

wayne0214
01-29-2002, 06:07 AM
LoudLou, concerning drouling, I had one of my outdoor furkids droul one time, namely Shadow, a huge black male, (less than 1 year old) At first I couldn't see where all the "water" came from until I saw him drouling at some "scratchies" I was giving him. This cat dearly loves to be scratched and rubbed down, not to mention being brushed.:)

..........wayne

cr7clark
01-29-2002, 07:36 AM
Bo follows us through the house, wherever we go. She prefers my husband, but if he's in his study with the door closed, she'll hunt me down and stay with me.
When she's not being a shadow, she's sleeping.

cr7clark
01-29-2002, 07:39 AM
Wayne, my Bo loves to be petted, scratched and brushed as well. She insists on receiving a massage from my husband every morning...she sits patiently on the bed until he gets up, then she'll head butt him until he literally gives her a rubdown. This is the only time she'll drool (she's too "proper" to do it at other times!).

lynnestankard
01-30-2002, 04:57 AM
I could only get one vote in as well.

But the three of them spend lots of time outside 'doing' cat things - ie; hunting, grass eating, stalking leaves and sitting on fences watching the world.
Indoors totally laid back snoozing and eating - then Bagel gets energetic and 'attacks' whoevers nearest be it Ketchum or Dan - and TAKE COVER - the noise they make circumnavigating the house has to be heard to be believed!! :eek:

Funny you should mention drooling Kate - many years ago, when I was a little girl (just after the stone age!!) we had a wonderful furkid called Whiskey (don't ask?) - he would lie across the back of my neck, head on one shoulder and back legs down the other shoulder - got the picture? Good. Then the purring would begin followed quickly by the drooling - right down the shoulder and arm!! Oh the memories - thanks Kate.:)

Lynne

Sara luvs her Tinky
02-21-2002, 07:53 PM
Tinky loooves to play what we call kombat kitty :D !! We open all the doors in the hallway and hide in a room. Tinky will come running down the hall to attack. ( If you have ever seen a mad cat imagine that, she has her back arched and her tail puffed out and tucked down and her ears laid back hopping sideways.) When we jump out of hiding she scales the wall and does a kombat roll and exposes her belly so her attacker (me or my husband ) can grab her belly so she can wrap up our arm and knaw away. She is so silly looking in her kompat pose hopping around sideways. And If we are watching t.v. and she is ready to play she hops through the living room in her kombat pose to let us know :D :p :D ! I hope to have a chance soon to submit her picture so I can show the world what a pretty purrbaby I have.

tuxluvr
02-23-2002, 09:32 AM
Sara, your description is what I have always referred to as "skunk dancing". I grew up in a very rural area and occasionally a skunk would wander near the chicken house, and our dog would attack. I looked out the window one night and saw this skunk all puffed up...jumping sideways..

Ritzy does this a lot if we startle her accidentally....looks like she has springs on her feet - little sideways hops, "question mark" shaped tail....too funny.

As to Ritz's favorite thing to do...would agree it's a tossup. But she does like to follow us into the bathroom, where she begs for back scratches and tummy rubs.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-03-2002, 01:40 AM
Here (hopefully :p ) is a picture of Tinky playing Kombat Kittty. I described it in a reply above. Thanks for your help aly and Paul.

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/37474/curr/4761417_20020303_022601_20020303022601.jpg