PDA

View Full Version : I rescued another one today......

QueenScoopalot
04-21-2005, 08:18 PM
And he's sooooo sick. :( He's about 4-5 months old, feral born, with a major URI going on. He is one (of many) that an older couple have been feeding, and sheltering for some time now. I've been trying to help them out when time allows, and my motive for going there today, was to try to find a pregnant cat Leslie and I were stalking on Sat. (and gave up trying to catch as it was getting late). Long story shorter, cat birthed overnight. :rolleyes: I've been trying to track down where she has her litter hidden before brats get ahold of them and kill them. This waif from today was sitting on the back porch, unable to smell food, and tottering around from weakness. Needless to say, I couldn't drive off and leave the baby there to die, so I managed to dislodge him from the shelter, and into a trap. He's here, and got some antibiotics, cyproheptadine, and much needed sub-q fluids. He's already on the verge of purring his thanks, though he's still scared. Now if only he'll eat. :( ;)

kimlovescats
04-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Come on little baby ... you can do it!!! Good luck, Jan ... and as always, THANK YOU!!!:D

Laura's Babies
04-21-2005, 09:02 PM
You saved yet another from the grips of death Jan! God Bless you! HE leads you to where the ones that really need you can be found..... AMAZING!! Simply Amazing!!

elminster20
04-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Congrats on the save, keep us posted!

rg_girlca
04-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Bless you Jan on taking on this sick little baby. I hope and pray that he will be okay.

I also hope and pray that you find the babies before someone else does.

catcrazylady
04-21-2005, 10:49 PM
Prayers on the way for the newest little one Jan. Poor thing sounds really sick. We all know he is in the very best of hands and if he is going to survive it will be in your care.

Keep us posted and good luck on finding the new babies.

QueenScoopalot
04-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Poor little guy just reeks of infection, but after spitting his displeasure at having his Clavamox this morning, he started making HAPPY FEET!!! :D :D :D He still hasn't eaten a thing, but he got juiced up good last night to rehydrate him. And his two littermates are still out there...:( I guess they'll have to come here as well soon. ;)

Laura's Babies
04-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Are you going back to get his littermates? Keep us posted with how he is doing and your efforts to get his littermates....

catmandu
04-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Jan,you are truly Our Hero.Many other people,would just,put that Kitten,down,but yoy are giving,that Kitten,a fighting chance,at life,and we are praying,for that Little Gem,of a Cat,to start eatu=ing.And a Pox,again,on the irresponsible people,who made,this Kitten,being feral,possible! GRRRRRR,says Scrappy 2.

QueenScoopalot
04-22-2005, 08:36 PM
He's turning into a tabby mushball very fast lol! He spits at me when I approach the cage, but once I start patting him those feet get going. :) I haven't heard him purr, but judging from the sweet look I get from him now (brave boy sniffed my face) I'm sure he is, but I can't hear him. And ~drum roll please~ He let me rub his tummy!!!! The ultimate sign of trust from a feral kitty. :D :) ;) He already looks less snotty since last night, and is showing a wee bit of interest in food, but hasn't eaten more than a nibble so far. I'm cooking stinky chicken livers just for him in the A.M. He's thin, but I've seen worse! :rolleyes:

rosethecopycat
04-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Our list of foods to try for the kitty who won't eat, culminates with KFC.
(that's right, KFC, not any ole chicken)

Best of Luck and Bless you.

catcrazylady
04-23-2005, 07:12 AM
Sounds like some good news for the poor little guy. How is he doing today? Did he partake of the chicken livers?;) :D

QueenScoopalot
04-23-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
Sounds like some good news for the poor little guy. How is he doing today? Did he partake of the chicken livers?;) :D
No need to stink up the place cooking chicken livers yet, as he's eating all by himself. He's looking, and feeling soooo much better already! :D :D :D He's less congested and the meds are whoopin' butt on his URI fast thankfully. ;) He growls like crazy when he's eating (which he did while competing with his littermates etc. outside)...it was an all out 'slap festival' then lol! :eek: :D :) He's doing very well considering he's no tiny baby. :)

smokey the elder
04-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Way to go! Fortunately kittens recover very quickly if you catch the infection. My Mahopac monsters were SO sick three years ago, and as soon as I started dosing them with Amoxi they perked right up.