PDA

View Full Version : Bang Bang!

Kfamr
01-18-2002, 04:09 PM
yessssssss i taught him it yesss!!! I can now say bang bang and point my finger at Simba and he rolls over on his bak like hes dead!!!!! yesssss! im so happy... my boy is soooo smart ahh! yess... next he will be able to do my homework bleh math!:p

jennifert
01-18-2002, 04:13 PM
That is a great trick!! How long did it take you to teach Simba that? It must have been a lot of work !! Congrats!!

slleipnir
01-18-2002, 04:14 PM
Aww! cute!!

Kfamr
01-18-2002, 04:16 PM
well i started like 2 weeks ago one day but then i just quit.. then i started today again and he has it perfectly so really it took 2 days... but only about 5 mins each day for he doesnt get bored

jennifert
01-18-2002, 04:21 PM
Did you reward him with treats? Or just love and praise? Duncan will do anything for food but if you don't have it, he's hesitant...For example, he hates to lie down but if I have food and he thinks he may get some, he'll lie down perfectly. No food, he goes down r e a l l y s l o w and gets up quick!

Kfamr
01-18-2002, 04:32 PM
When i was showing him how to do it (laying him down, rolling him over and saying bang bang) i would just say good boy and give him a pat or two put when he did it without me helping thats when the food comes in!

ilovehounds
01-18-2002, 04:37 PM
ALRIGHT SIMBA !!!
You are soooooooooo smart

When I taught Hannah that trick some people said it was a sick trick, but I thought it was cute. Others said it was a bad trick to teach a hound cause when he was hunting and he heard the shot he would drop down dead ...lol.. no worries though Hannah doesn't hunt. :D

jennifert
01-18-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
When i was showing him how to do it (laying him down, rolling him over and saying bang bang) i would just say good boy and give him a pat or two put when he did it without me helping thats when the food comes in!

I can't get Duncan to roll over! He's so big and I try to push him over and he just pushes back!! What am I doing wrong?

Kfamr
01-18-2002, 05:04 PM
What i heard on animal planet to get your dog to roll over it has to trust you so you need to probably get Duncan on the floor and roll around with him and stuff like playing get him used to it then try. good luck!

Kfamr
01-18-2002, 05:07 PM
Lol.... I was doing the "bang bang" trick and when i pointed at Simba, he put his paw on my "gun" and pushed down! maybe hes saying violence is not the answer?

Karen
01-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Good boy, Simba! Good boy - you are right - no firing guns in the house! Good boy! :)

Kfamr
01-18-2002, 05:17 PM
Jennifer, I was just looking in your profile (to see if you had AIM or AOL for we could "chat") and i noticed, we have the same birthday!

slleipnir
01-18-2002, 05:19 PM
Thats so cute! I just thought jo to rollover the other day. It was kinda the same with your "bang bang" thing. I started a while ago, and she'd only go it if I helped her a little. And my dads friend was over the other day, and dad told me to try to see if she'd do it, and now she does it perfect..maybe she was showing off ;] I should try the "bang" thing..is it hard once the dog can roll over?? I wanna teach her sometime to put her paw on her face..like shes hiding or something LOL haven't gotten to that yet

Kfamr
01-18-2002, 05:24 PM
Actually i think its easier teaching them after teaching "roll over" because they already got the hang of being on their backs ( and trusting you) but what i did to teach Simba was roll him on his back and say "bang bang, bang bang, good boy!"
Of course only if he stayed there i said good boy...... i tried teaching him to put his paw on his face but i cant think of a command for it.... any ideas?

slleipnir
01-18-2002, 05:33 PM
I'll have to try it :] Thanks for the sugestions :] I was thinking the same for the paw thing..I was kinda thinking of something like.."Josie, what did you do?!" Then put the paw up, so it would be like ahh i'm sorry kinda thing..but i kinda use that for something else..so i duno LOL -thinking- I have a book that has really awesome dog trick ideas, i'll look threw it for any ideas :D

jennifert
01-18-2002, 05:39 PM
Maybe "Hide" would be a cute command? Happy B'day Kfamr!! Thats really neat!! Although I think I'm much older than you!!! I don't have AIM but my boyfriend does and I'm on his computer. Maybe I'l try to get that working and then put it in my profile. Are you going to be on for a while? I'll probably be here for another hour or so. Give me 15 minutes!

slleipnir
01-18-2002, 05:43 PM
Didn't know it was ur bday :] happy bday!!
Hey jen, send me a line if ya want, i have aim too ;]

jennifert
01-18-2002, 05:51 PM
It's not her b'day silly!! Her b'day is the same day as mine and we just realized it!! I have AIM set up. My user name is JLTessier9. Is that all you need to IM me? I haven't used it in so long!!!

slleipnir
01-18-2002, 05:55 PM
Oops!! sry!! just i didnt read that right!!!

*LabLoverKEB*
01-18-2002, 07:19 PM
Yay, Simba!!!:) You are so smart! You do a wonderful job with him, KayAnn!;)

evelyn1157
01-18-2002, 08:54 PM
LOL! that's so cute:D

ramanth
01-18-2002, 11:32 PM
Simba! You are sooo smart!

We found out by accident that Kia knew how to 'roll over'. Michael was asking her to speak but her made a circular motion with his hand and next thing we know, she's rolling and rolling and rolling.. LOL!!

RachelJ
01-19-2002, 07:24 AM
My Tucker is a rolling over champ. I can barely get the words out and he is down and flipping. Hannah, on the other hand, knows this trick but hates doing it! She grrrrs the whole time I am asking her to do it and then grrrs some more when she does it, ever so reluctantly.

Neither of them are very good at *dead dog*. My previous dogs would do it quite well except one, who was so proud of doing the trick, would periodically thump her tail.

Kfamr
01-19-2002, 11:00 AM
Sim Sim loves rolling over, but today i told him to roll over and he stopped half way whined and then rolled over the rest of the way.
Hes a pro at "Bang Bang" now! He ads sound effects too lol, when i say bang bang he whines and then flops over like hes dead! He could be an actor!:D :p

*LabLoverKEB*
01-19-2002, 06:09 PM
KayAnn, you are right!!! He could be an actor!:) :D He knows more tricks than any other dog I know!