PDA

View Full Version : Proud mama

catnapper
04-21-2005, 02:42 PM
I might speak of my son once in a while, but I had to share everyone the article in todays' paper about him

Newspaper Article (http://www.readingeagle.com/re/sports/1382934.asp)

He really has coem a long way through the years. He is an amazing kid and I'm proud he's my stepson (though I never think of him that way - to me he is simply my son.)

Barbara
04-21-2005, 02:47 PM
What an impressive story! I never had much ideas about dyslexia and the article tells you very well what a handicap it is!
Way to go Tony- you can teach all of us:)

wolfsoul
04-21-2005, 02:48 PM
I read the article, it was good! Congrats to your son. It's always fun to be featured in the paper. I bet he thinks that's really cool.

smokey the elder
04-21-2005, 03:07 PM
What a great story! The fantasy author Piers Anthony is dyslexic. I've heard people who stutter can be helped by singing; it engages a different part of the brain for some reason. The Greek orator Demosthenes stuttered; it is said he would practice speaking over the roar of the sea with pebbles in his mouth!

Good luck to your son's future endeavors.

luvofallhorses
04-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Congrats to your son :D

catnapper
04-21-2005, 08:24 PM
wooo boy, the phone has been ringing off the hook tonight (more so than usual ;) ) with people wanting to congratulate Tony on such a great article, and lots of peole commending him on being brave enough to expose his dyslexia in such a public way. He's such a great kid!

QueenScoopalot
04-21-2005, 08:53 PM
He must make both you and Grant so proud. :) What a heartwarming article that shows just how much your son, and others with dyslexia must overcome, and usually do when they set their minds to it. Tom Cruise I think also has it, and look how far he's gone! Not to mention the bank account! $$$$:eek: $$$$
Thanks for sharing Kim, and give that boy a hug (even if he doesn't want one:o ):D

petslover
04-21-2005, 08:56 PM
Thats a great story.

Laura's Babies
04-21-2005, 11:19 PM
I reckon you ARE a proud Mom, who wouldn't be with a son like that? Way to GO!!!!

Oggyflute
04-22-2005, 01:32 AM
Well done mate, you have a great son.:)

Killearn Kitties
04-22-2005, 07:50 AM
What a fabulous story, Kim! Your son is an inspiration and he deserves some fame and glory!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-22-2005, 02:14 PM
You must be so proud!

But, sorry, I have to ask.....is this the same son that was being covered in litter the other day? ;) :D :p :D

I also thought it was a shame that your name wasn't mentioned at all, Kim. If I remember right, this kid's mother isn't much of a mother and by saying "parents" in the article, most people, if they don't know you and Grant, would assume it meant birth mother and if I remember right, she doesn't deserve credit for having such a great kid. I'm sure you are such a great influence on him and are partially responsible for his turn around. But then again....this is about him....so maybe I shouldn't have even brought this up.

You must be so proud! :D

slleipnir
04-22-2005, 02:16 PM
The site doesn't work for me :(

buckner
04-22-2005, 02:19 PM
That's such an inspiring story. Congratulations to your son, Kim. You must be so proud! :)

Logan
04-22-2005, 02:35 PM
I can't open the story, either, Kim, but I'll check back, later! I know you are proud!!!

NoahsMommy
04-22-2005, 04:48 PM
What a neat article...and a neat kid.

You are very right to be proud. :)