PDA

View Full Version : Fister's annual vet visit!

Randi
04-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Today was the appointment for Fister's vaccination and check-up. I had previously got a 15 mg Fenemal from the vet assistant to give him, but also had a 5 mg Valium (Diazepam), which he'd tried before. I decided on the Fenemal, as I was told it is milder. I managed to get it down his throat 45 min. before the trip. :)

He then went to have a bite to eat, I gave him 2 spoonfuls of yummy wet food and was hoping he would go do his business before my friend Martin, came to drive him to the vet. The pill didn't seem to have much effect, but as soon as the doorbell rang, he rushed under the bed. :rolleyes: Out came the hoover, and I knew he would run to the kitchen or bathroom. The bathroom door I had closed and Martin was waiting behind the kitchen door ready to close it. :D Sure enough, out in the kitchen he went. I had the box ready on the table and managed to grap him without injuries and put him inside. I even closed the lid myself!

At the vet, Fister was a good boy, the vet cleaned his teeth, there's wasn't much tartar, but some of his gums were red. :( For that, I got 10 Ronaxan to give him for 10 days. Then he had his vaccination, and I also asked for blood tests. Those were ready 15 min later. The results are:

Glu 6.07 - these are allowed to vary from 4.22 - 8.06
Alt (liver) 101 - these are allowed to vary from 12 - 130
Urea (kidney) 7.24 - these are allowed to vary from 5.71 - 12,85

.... so all good! :) :)

We came home and had lunch and Fister had a nap. Then I went out to do some errands, and when I came back, he was ready for a good brushing and a cuddle. :) After, I gave him the Ronaxon .... uhh, quite big, but down it went.

Half an hour later, this post was interfered, because he went to the litter box, pooped and called me to come and empty it as usual - yes, he has me trained well! However, he had not done it inside the box, but on the edge. Oh well, I thought he might be a little mad at me for all the commotion and wanted to tell me. After scooping, I went back to the computer, but then I heard a sound I didn't like! :eek: Yes, he had puked 3 different places - all on carpet. :rolleyes:

What a day!! I'll treat myself to a glass of wine now! ;) Fister is now laying next to the keyboard looking happy and relaxed, and the dinner is in the oven. :D

Hopefully, we can have a nice and relaxed evening in front of the TV!

Laura's Babies
04-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Sounds like a day and a half wrapped into just a few hours! I got to remember the vaccume trick. Giz has started running to hide when she realizes the doors are being put back on the kennels.

Note to self: Shut all the doors and pull out the vaccume!

sirrahbed
04-21-2005, 12:19 PM
:rolleyes: Vet Day - you made it!! I think you deserve TWO glasses of wine and some chocolate too!!

Oh! Did you get the Pet Flow working and has Fister tried it yet?

catmandu
04-21-2005, 12:21 PM
The Found Cats,all hate going,to the Vets,and in about a week,Scrappy 2,has to go back,to the Vets,to get her shots updated.And I will have,to catch,the Little Scamp,and get her,into the carrier.We are gald,that Fister,is feeling better,and that ordeal,is over,for another year.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1134.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
04-21-2005, 12:28 PM
Good boy, Fister! Now it's all over for another year!

Sorry about the upset tummy though. All the medicine and excitement may have done him in. I get a sick tummy when I get upset too. Used to hurl every morning before school!!!

Randi, glad you got through all that unscathed too!

;)

Barbara
04-21-2005, 02:25 PM
It sounds as if you are better in cat trap strategy than I (read in Cat Health;) ). I am so glad all went well and Fister was a good boy- I think just some puking is not much compared to what you expected:)

slick
04-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Wow...what an ordeal! I'll bet you are very glad that's overwith for another year.

I'm happy that Fister was a good boy for the whitecoats but sorry that he was sick. I guess all the commotion must have upset his little tummy. I really can't blame him. Please pass on some scritches from Auntie Slick.

{{{hugs}}} to you.

catcrazylady
04-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Having just gone through the spay\nueter vet ordeal yesterday with Rosco and Abigail I understand your pain! It is an ordeal isn't it? I'd say at the very least a glass of wine is in order because I wanted a tranguilizer myself yesterday!!

So glad to hear that everything is in good order with Fister.
:) :) :)

Edwina's Secretary
04-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Good boy Fister! (Well....mostly good boy...;) ) Edwina does the "puke after vet visit" too....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kirsten
04-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Ahhh, poor Fister! Are you glad that the vet visit is over? You were a good boy, and now you can be proud of you!

I'm sorry to hear you've upset your tummy, I'm sure it's been the nasty Valium pills that made you feel so bad!

Get well soon!

Kirsten

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-22-2005, 08:28 AM
Poor Fister!! Wanted to show mewmie that you didn't appreciate what happened to you that day hey? Don't worry, since you did so well, you don't have to go the that darnwhite-coat for a whole whole year!! THAT is good news, hey!

gini
04-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Fister - what excellent news that your vet visit went well.

Whenever I need to get one of the kitties to the vets - I really am exhausted after the whole ordeal is over. I just hate making any of them go through the anxiety - so I go through it with them:D

Randi - a two glasses of wine day ..........
you deserve it!

(Fister, sorry your tummy was upset).

Felicia's Mom
04-22-2005, 09:09 AM
Felicia has to go to the vet soon. She never pukes on the tile floor-always the carpet.

Logan
04-22-2005, 11:51 AM
Randi, I had to laugh when I read about pulling out the "Hoover". I was never so mad as I was when I was in the middle of hard labor with Helen, and after 3 hours of "pushing", the doctor said he was going to do the Hoover Maneuver (the proper name for it is vacuum extraction :eek: )! OMG!!!! I was furious because my husband had the nerve to laugh his head off!!!!!! :mad: I like your kind of "Hoover Maneuver" much better! Glad it worked! (It worked for Helen and me, too, and I finally got that baby ;) )

Fister's report is terrific! Sorry he was so terrified that he did the throw up thing, but it is a small price to pay, I guess, for knowing that he is healthy! :D

A new Fister picture would be nice, when you have the chance. (Hint, Hint)

Logan

NoahsMommy
04-22-2005, 12:06 PM
GREAT news about Fister's good visit. What a well behaved boy! We're so proud! :)

I agree...two glasses of wine and some chocolate. :)

We'll be eagerly awaiting some more pictures when you have the time.

Hugs,
Kelly

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah!!! Way to go Fister!!!

Glad everything went well - sort of - and I agree, a 2 glass of wine day if I ever saw one. ;) :D

Killearn Kitties
04-23-2005, 01:46 PM
Oh dear, the annual vet visit is so stressful isn't it? Sounds like you had everything well planned though, with all the rights doors open and all the correct equipment to hand.

Hurray!! for a healthy Fister. :D

kimlovescats
04-23-2005, 01:51 PM
Set back, and relax for another YEAR now!!!;) Glad to hear that all the labs were well within the normal range!:D