PDA

View Full Version : Rolling :(

lv4dogs
04-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Raustyk just came in from outside. Something smells. Something smell really bad. Something smells really really really really bad. She rolled in poop. UGH

I'm waiting for shampoo to arrive so I can hose her off.

I'm stuck at work & there is no way she's getting in my car like that so she's getting the hose, it's all we have here at work. I'll try to make it as quick as possible, hey I don't want to freeze either, but there's nothing else I can do.

So soon I'll be having lots of fun, scrubbing poop off of her. Please I hope this post does not make anyone jealous, that is not my intention. :D

Bigyummydog
04-21-2005, 11:46 AM
well, maybe i shouldn't laugh, but MAXIMUS has done this too many times...and what's worse, is we're never home when he does it...we're at the creek, and can't possibly be from an animal....ewww!....or we're just visiting and it never occurs to us that people don't keep they're own yards clean....one of us always ends up sitting in the back of the truck holding his leash...or you think that's the worst...and him and i are alone, and he CAN'T ride in the back alone...and he ends up in the front seat with me until we get home......you know, there has got to be some kind of explaination for the rollin' in yuck thing...:eek: :eek:

elizabethann
04-21-2005, 12:15 PM
YUCK! At least you can hose her off before she gets in the car or in the house. I live in an apartment and have to bathe Fenway in the kitchen sink. He rolled in dead fish the other day. We got in the car and P.U. :(

I had to drive home smelling dead fish! I put him in the kitchen sink and bathed him but I can still get a wiff of it every now and then.

Why can't dogs roll in baby powder or lilacs? Why poop and dead animals???
:eek:

Have fun washing her off!! :D

Ginger's Mom
04-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Heeheeheee. I remember the first time I took Peaches to the lake. She was always such a good girl, so I was letting her run around off-lead. What did I know about duck poop. GREEN duck poop. Green duck poop that dogs like to roll in. UGH!! I fortunately had a blanket in the trunk of the car. I put it on the floor of back seat, threw her on top of it, and told her not to move for the entire ten mile ride home. UGH!!!

Lescoop77
04-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Pandy Sue does this ALL time. But it never ever fails - I will give her a bath and she will be all clean smelling and she'll go outside either that very same day or the next and roll in poop or something dead. I almost expect it now. When I give her one bath I just know I will end up giving her 2-3 before the weeks over! LOL

jackie
04-21-2005, 02:53 PM
I am so glad I am not you right now. Sorry.

Bella rolled in cat pee. Anyone here ever had a tom cat around??? You know that smell takes AGES to get out. :eek:

lute
04-21-2005, 02:54 PM
oh my gosh! i hate it when they do that!

LoudLou
04-21-2005, 03:00 PM
LOUD Louie likes what we call "Essence De Earthworm" ... EEEEWWW!

When I was younger we lived by a river and my RB dog, Shadow, used to like to roll in dead fish... Tomato Juice was the only thing that got rid of that smell.. oooh, it was bad. He was SO proud of that smell tho...:o

lv4dogs
04-21-2005, 03:34 PM
She's all clean & smelling nice & citrusy!
I had to use suave shampoo as there is nothing but gas stations around me and thats all they had.

chocolatepuppy
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
So soon I'll be having lots of fun, scrubbing poop off of her. Please I hope this post does not make anyone jealous, that is not my intention.

I had to read this part twice! You're too funny! :D Glad you got the pup cleaned up! :)

anna_66
04-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by lv4dogs
Please I hope this post does not make anyone jealous, that is not my intention. :D
Too late, I'm already jealous....NOT!

I've have my fair share of cleaning (poop among other things:o ) dogs!

Hope you didn't freeze Raustyk too much!

GraciesMommy
04-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Been there...done that...:D

joycenalex
04-21-2005, 07:56 PM
.....:D :D :D not my turn today!!!!! snicker snicker

IRescue452
04-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Mine roll in skunkweed! Autumn won't go near poop (not even her own) even to sniff.

PJ's Mom
04-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Bailey rolls in dead things. Poo isn't so bad. :D

manda99
04-22-2005, 12:34 AM
We recently moved into a house w/ a nice yard which is great for us and the dog... but a major drawback is that when we leave Smokey out there for a bit he loves to roll around in the grass and whatever else is there. Man he stinks so much right now. Tomorrow night is bath night (SHHHH!!! Don't let him hear!)