PDA

View Full Version : Christmas gift swap?

Jods
04-21-2005, 11:11 AM
Has anyone else not recieved their gift from the Christmas gift swap. I'm starting to think mine is never coming. I tried to contact the person who started and organized it, but apparently she doesn't come on anymore. It's just really depressing when you put so much thought into a nice gift for a person and nothing comes back. Unfortunatly after Kay's I think I'm gonna not bother to participate anymore. Sorry for the not so uplifting post.
Jodie

Laura's Babies
04-21-2005, 11:29 AM
I know you are dissapointed and that is the kind of luck I have or the package I sent would get lost in the mail never to be seen again.. That is why I like to just surprise people when I send packages, no promises made, none broken and someone gets a nice surprise.

I still have the promise of a "Christmas gift" that was ordered and delayed from a friend... no mention has been made of it since Christmas either. It don't bother me none though, life is to short to dwell on such things.

wolfsoul
04-21-2005, 11:35 AM
I'm sorry, you must be so dissapointed. I know I would be sad and angry if that happened to me.

Are you talking about the Secret Santa swap? I believe Molucass is still with us, she is just busy. If she can't help you, Tina is now posting under the name crsvstang. She was the other organizer of the swap.

Kfamr
04-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Jods, I promise you that in Amy's and my swap you will ALWAYS get a gift, whether it be from Amy & me, or from your original Gift Swapper - no one will go without a gift.

Our last swap quiet a few people helped Amy and me get gifts to those who didn't recieve.

And those who haven't sent are no longer allowed to participate in swaps Amy and I organize.
Although I know how disheartening it can be not recieveing a give, I promise you, you won't have to worry in Amy's & my gift swaps. :)

Jods
04-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks, yes it was the Secret Santa gift swap. I've already contacted people about not recieving and I'm sorry I was dwelling on it it just gets frustrating. I"ll get over it LOL. Remember pregnancy hormones are kicking in LOL.
Thanks everyone. :)

wolfsoul
04-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Don't feel bad about dwelling on it -- I tend to hold grudges forever, and after an experience like this, I would be angry for life. It is ALOT of fun shopping for people; giving them gifts and making them happy. But it simply isn't fair when someone made a commitment and chose to forget about it. I always fret about spending the money on the gift swap, but I always think that in the end, it will be worth because I'm getting something in return. Hopefully the package is still on it's way. I sent a package to EssTer in January and it only got to her this month.

Have the organizers got back to you?

Jods
04-22-2005, 09:12 AM
No, I've tried to contact Moulcass a bunch of times. Its okay I'm over it now.