PDA

View Full Version : IS it just me...

catnapper
04-21-2005, 09:48 AM
or is the world filled with morons?

I've been working with this one guy on a major project. All along he has seemed completely clueless and inept. You'd probably say, "no problem, many people aren't perfect and don't know everything". Problem is that he's the manufacturer's rep for the furniture line I'm working with. AND he's the rep for the new design software I'm using. I've had a lot of trouble with the software thus far, but finally got it fully functoning (no thanks to his help :rolleyes: )

ANYHOOO... yesterday I needed his help to verify that all the product was specified correctly. If you know nothing about what I do, quick synopsis: I am an interior design who happens to do offices. Little cubicals. Lots of them. Inside each cubical is lots of little parts and pieces I have to specify correctly, otherwise there might not be power, the walls might not stand, the surfaces might not lay flat, etc. Lots and lots of little details need to be checked and rechecked. I've never worked with this one particular fuirniture line before, so I wanted to be doubly sure I understood the little pieces correctly and specified it right (said that already, didn't I? :p )

I needed his help, so I asked him if I could send the drawing and Bill of Materials over to him. He said "Well you need to send it in a pdf file because I won't be able to open the drawing or Bill of Materials." Huh? I asked him why not, doesn't his program work? Is he away from the computer with the program? Nooooo... the moron doesn't have the program AT ALL. Ok folks, I ask you, if you are the prodcut rep for a VERY EXPENSIVE program, wouldn't you have it yourself and know the ins and outs of this program? Wouldn't that help you be a better saleman because you DO know the product well and USE the product daily? Logical? I think so. So I said to him "Um, you don't have the program? Shame shame (said cutesy like)" And he said "What do you mean?" Oh I give up! I told him I was kidding.

then today he calls me regarding the pdf's I sent. He can't read the pages - too small and he can't blow them up large enough. Well no duh! The project was too large to save to a single page like he wanted. Then he spends an hour on my cell phone AFTER I asked him to call me back on the office line (he didn't feel like it). He asks me STUPID and BASIC questions that I covered waaaayyyy in the beginning of the project. Now I had to step back 2 months in time and start from the very beginnning. I still have no idea if what I specified is correct,and even if he comes back to me saying everything is good, I'm gonna worry that its not because HE seems to have no clue himself!

What a Moron! GRRRR..... :mad:

Thanks for listening folks. I feel much better getting that off my chest.

LKPike
04-21-2005, 09:58 AM
nooooo its not just you with the bad luck.

I'll introduce you to my neighbors, 8 morons living in one house, me and my dogs being their target. :rolleyes:

Do you or anyone else notice how you always seem to get stuck in the "retarded lane" during traffic?? its supposed to be the fast lane but its not, so you switch to the faster lane, and POOF! Thats now the new, retarded, slow lane. :rolleyes:

dukedogsmom
04-21-2005, 10:01 AM
The world is overrun with them. Until you have a business or a job like mine, you really don't know how many are out there.

slleipnir
04-21-2005, 10:04 AM
-sigh- I know what you mean. 90% of my work is like that too. They all love to gossip about everyone else though, too. :rolleyes:

cloverfdx
04-21-2005, 10:07 AM
Nope not just you. The whole world is full of morons sadly. I have learnt to ignore people.

Laura's Babies
04-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Ever wanna tell him "HERE'S YOUR SIGN!"? Of coarse, that would go right over his head.:rolleyes:

BitsyNaceyDog
04-21-2005, 12:23 PM
I work with a girl who is not only a huge moron, but gross too. About a month ago we had a plate of cupcakes in the refrigerator at my work, a sweet old lady brought them in for us. I saw my coworker eating one, but she was just eating the icing off the top, and she was eating it with her finger. I thought it was odd, but whatever, I know not be surprised when it comes to her. Well, shortly after that I opened the refrigerator to find 4 cupcakes in the refrigerator with the icing missing. It was only the two of us there that day and I haden't done it, so that leaves only her. I was appalled to think that someone, even her, would do such a thing as to eat the icing off of a cupcake and then put the cupcake back... and not once, but 4 times!

She says something everyday that completely baffles me. Today she said to me "I like your purse is it reversible?" I said that it was, and she said "I love things that are reversible, when they get dirty you just turn them inside out." I replied with "or you could wash it". :rolleyes:

Justin works with a guy that makes up his own jokes and they are always really bad.

My favorite morons are the ones that work for roadrunner and are suppose to hook up the modem to the computer when you first get it, but when they see you have a Mac they don't know what to do and you have to figure it out yourself.

wolfsoul
04-21-2005, 02:16 PM
That sucks -- I can't stand it when people act like idiots.

Soapets
04-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Yeah, but the SADDEST part about it is that many of them aren't acting----they really ARE idiots and morons!

Suki Wingy
04-21-2005, 09:53 PM
yeah, the whole world is over run w/ em
My mom has a woman she works with that always combines sayings. When her daughter wasin trouble and crying, she told her to "Just Chuk it up, Shelby!"

Corinna
04-21-2005, 10:08 PM
I think I would call his company and ask or another Rep. Explain that the gentleman seems not able to understand your questions. We change reps in a haert beat if they don't know their own product.

Oggyflute
04-22-2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
I think I would call his company and ask or another Rep. Explain that the gentleman seems not able to understand your questions. We change reps in a haert beat if they don't know their own product.

Yep, this is what I would do. I come across this situation often unfortunately, and once you explain to his boss, that time is money, results always arive quickly.:)

smokey the elder
04-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Tell me about it. There is an instrument manufacturer that sold me a detector that didn't work with the rest of their OWN equipment!! Did the sales rep know that? N-O-O-O!:rolleyes: