PDA

View Full Version : catnip

ashleycat
04-21-2005, 09:39 AM
i tried giving some to my kitty, she showed no interest in it, maybe i didnt give it to her right or the right kind? whats the best??

catnapper
04-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Some cats do not react to catnip at all. My Allen generally ignores it, unless it some particuarly good stuff.

Laura's Babies
04-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Samantha had no part in their catnip fun. She sat on the sidelines and watched so I reckon all cats are not bothered by it.... But give her a catnip bar and she goes WILD for it!!?? Go figure!

sirrahbed
04-21-2005, 12:31 PM
I grow it fresh in the nicer months and they all like the leaves - roll on them and eat them.

As for the dried - I don't buy the "cat" type anymore because so often they would turn up their noses.

The kind that is the biggest hit and also most economincal is human catnip for tea - not the bags but loose - and I get this at a bulk food store. They LOVE this!!:D :D

catmandu
04-21-2005, 12:51 PM
The meezers,at the Found Cat Hotel,do not react,to the Cat Nip,at all.The Other Cats,do,in varying degrees,with Michael,Roscoe,and Ragnar,being the craziest!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1134.jpg
If Your Cat,is very young,then sometimes they wont react either.And be careful at the Big Pet Food Stores,and sometimes,they dont remember,to rotate,the stock,and it gets stale!