PDA

View Full Version : Marking his territory?

ramanth
01-18-2002, 02:25 PM
Is it common for a neutered male to mark? Converse, our tiger tabby was neutered at 6 months. For as long as I can remember he would back up to any car that was in the driveway and spray the tires.

Recently he's been peeing in my parents bathroom. One day he waltzed in, squatted right in front of my mom and peed, giving her a look like "What!?"

I've seen him use the litterbox and he doesn't poop outside the litter box.

Converse is now seven years old. Is this common?

ramanth
01-18-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by SpencerTheLion
...even after cats are neutered they will spray, esp. if there are a lot of indoor cats. Your profile says there are five cats. I had six with Mr. Socks. Once he was found a home where he could be pampered as an only cat, he never sprayed, and my five remaining cats cut back quite a bit. Feliway is supposed to help - think their site is www.feliway.com (search if it's not). Do any of your cats fight?

It only surprised us because he's never peed in the house until just this past year.

Converse and Reebok are both 7 and littermates, Chance is 5, Scooter is 3 or 4, and Onneka is over a year old.

All the cats were brought into our house at a year or under a year old. So they've really grown up with each other.

They fight occasionally. Mostly wrestling... cat play... they've never hurt each other.

I'll check out that feliway stuff. Thanks!

yorkster
01-18-2002, 03:00 PM
Yes, definately take him to a vet first thing! :confused:

ramanth
01-18-2002, 03:11 PM
We're gonna see if the vet can see him tomorrow. He hasn't been acting strange or in pain. But better safe than sorry!

yorkster
01-18-2002, 03:34 PM
good luck at the vet, and let us know how it goes!