PDA

View Full Version : Thieves make me SICK.....grrrr....

carole
04-21-2005, 05:58 AM
I was so upset this afternoon, my daughter Melissa went to do her paper run to find that her bike had been stolen, it was not even worth stealing, A small BMX, that she had almost outgrown really, but it was really good on her paper run, and we could not afford to buy a new one at the time, and we still cannot now.

It just sucks that some *bleep bleep* steals a childs bike, luckily I still have the old pram, so we used that, but of course it takes way too long to do the round that way, we have a deadline to meet and in winter, it gets dark early, I don't think it is worth claiming on my insurance because of the excess and loosing my no claim bonus.

I am thankful her friends sister has loaned her a bike, for the holidays and is prepared to sell it to us for 140, it is a good bike, but still don't have that kind of spare money, we might beable to pay it off to them, and Melissa will help with her wages, but it just is not fair that we have to do this, people who steal think it is no big deal, but do they ever realise the impact this has on a family, I was brought to tears, it seems the harder you try in life, the more obstacles are sent your way, my girl gets off her butt to earn money to buy things we cannot give her , and this is the thanks she gets for it.:(

It is odd how one event makes other things seem to happen, the snowball effect, I ended up burning the dinner as well, then I went to go on the computer to write a letter to the paper, and had a disk boot failure, luckily that got fixed obviously, they say things happen in threes, so I hope that is my lot for today.

Sorry for the venting, but I just feel so dis-heartened right now, and despondent, life does suck sometimes, I know it could be a lot worse, so I guess I have to count my blessings really.

Such is life.:(

slleipnir
04-21-2005, 06:17 AM
I'm sorry someone stole your daughter's bike. I can't believe what some people do! It makes me sick, too. Actually, the same thing happened to me when I was a kid. I left it in my friends yard, and someone took it from there. It was a great bike too, I didn't have it that long! :(

catnapper
04-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Grrr.... what a terrible thing to happen. I sure hope that person gets theirs in the end. Nothing is worse than taking somethign from a child, especially if it was an adult doing the taking.

Killearn Kitties
04-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Oh Carole, it just makes you sick doesn't it? :(

Hugs to your daughter. I hope it doesn't get her down.

Logan
04-21-2005, 07:41 AM
I hate that, Carole!!! :mad:

QueenScoopalot
04-21-2005, 08:44 AM
That really does bite, but maybe you should file a police report in case the bike is discarded and brought in to the station. Bikes get stolen around here all the time, and the local police auction off unclaimed bikes once (?) a year. I know it may be a long shot, but the bike did work out for your daughter, and with any luck she may get it back. ;)

Laura's Babies
04-21-2005, 08:46 AM
I hate a thief! Have no use for them and don't want anything to do with them...PERIOD!

I had a friend who had his bike stolen, a nice bike that he had put together from parts and painted, had it looking like a new one, then it got snatched.. One day, he was at Wal-Mart and someone almost ran over him with a bike..HIS bike. He grabbed the guy and the bike and had someone call the law. Needless to say, he got his bike BACK!

I worked 2 jobs for 2 years because I needed a newer car. Someone broke into my newer car right after I bought it and tried to steal the radio and did get the speakers. I was so mad that I would have killed them if I had found them... After working TWO jobs for TWO years, some lazy so and so comes along and wants to take it?? GRRrrrr!

The satisfication you get is in knowing what goes around, comes around. One day, someone is going to steal something from them that they really need or value.

A stolen item does NOT belong to the thief that steals it so there is always that nagging realization of that. Any moment, it can be taken away from them!

ramanth
04-21-2005, 08:47 AM
How aweful!! :mad: :(

cloverfdx
04-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Sorry for the venting, but I just feel so dis-heartened right now, and despondent, life does suck sometimes, I know it could be a lot worse, so I guess I have to count my blessings really.
Dont be sorry Carole {{Hugs}}. I too cannot stand people who steal, and too steal from a child aswell :(.

Heres hopeing all of the bad luck is over and done with.

{{Hugs}}

carole
04-21-2005, 02:51 PM
I did file a detailed police report, I am hoping maybe the paper might do a little story as well since she works for them, but they are going to get back to her on that.

The thing that really bugs me, is that she is probably giving up the round at the end of the year to concentrate on her studies for high school, we did not need to buy a new bike, and now looks like we will have to , and she will have no further use for it really, as she won't be biking to high school.

At least we have a good bike to borrow and buy and pay off if we decide to., that I am thankful for.

It is the school holidays here, so it could have been an adult who stole it for their child, or teenagers hoping to sell it on, we think it was taken at night time, so I doubt it was a younger child.

Unfortunately sometimes these people never get there's ,they just keep on taking what is NOT their's, and what other's have worked their butts off to provide.

Melissa has been really good about it, it was me who was on the downer about it all, she accepts its gone and not likely to turn up, and that she will have to help pay off the new bike, she even said well maybe it was someone who really needed it to sell , just to live, I doubt that seriously, but it was good that she thought of that possibility.:)

smokey the elder
04-21-2005, 03:03 PM
That's a bummer. I had a really nice Schwinn with the banana seat and the sissy bar ripped off when I was 10.:(

davidpizzica
04-21-2005, 04:20 PM
Carole, I hope either you or the police find this low-life who would steal from a young girl. {{{{HUGS}}}} to you and Melissa from Pittsburgh!

carole
04-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Thanks Big Bro, hugs generously accepted.:)