PDA

View Full Version : When sweet kitties melt your hearts...

popcornbird
04-21-2005, 12:16 AM
...are you too, tempted to pick them up and take them home? ;)

Hello cat side. ;) Just HAD TO tell you all about this SWEET kitty I met yesterday, that completely melted my heart (as sweet kitties do).

I went for a walk in the evening yesterday, and saw this BEAUTIFUL white, long-haired cat sitting peacefully on one of the neighbor's lawns. As I walked passed it, I stopped for a second, 'meowed' softly to the kitty (he he he), and then proceeded to walk home. Suddenly, I felt ....... HEAD BUMPIES :eek: on my legs!!! OMG!!! I looked down, and found the precious kitty, gently rubbing his/her head against my legs and purring constantly. I have never 'fallen' for a kitty that fast. My goodness!! What a friendly, sweet, loving cat!!! I sat down and gave the kitty lots of head scritches, and got tons of purrs in return. She/he was soft as velvet, pure white, and had two different colored eyes...blue and green. The cat had a collar, and I checked it to make sure he/she wasn't lost. Its home address was two houses down, so the kitty was obviously just strolling around his/her own neighborhood.

I played with the cat for a few minutes and then got up and continued to walk home. The kitty followed me for awhile (and I was sooo touched by that!!!), then turned around and went back home. As I walked home, I thought of you all on Cat General, and suddenly realized why you are all so quick to add new kitties into your households. I'm sure its because of cats like that.......cats that are so quick to melt your hearts.

I hope that one day, I will be able to have my own sweet kitty. The kitty I met yesterday was too cute for words. If he/she didn't belong to someone, I would've kitty-napped it (he he he), but of course I would never take someone's beloved pet. Thankfully this cat belongs to a neighbor, so hopefully I will see him/her around the neighborhood again. Next time, I hope to have my camera with me. Sadly, I left it at home yesterday. I know you will all be disappointed about that. ;)

Sorry about the pointless thread, but I couldn't go without sharing my wonderful kitty experience with all of you cat lovers on PT. :)

kimlovescats
04-21-2005, 12:31 AM
I see a future Cat General "regular" in the makings!!!!:D

Kater
04-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Headbumpies to a stranger??? *so jealous* Nipo won't give me headbumpies...ever. Kitties can be QUITE the little heart stealers, that is for SURE! :D

sirrahbed
04-21-2005, 06:33 AM
Poppy!!! Oh YES, we all know what you mean, trust me!! Sometimes kitties just do that and some of the time they come home with us:D Sounds like you met us with a real sweetheart!!! It surprises me that he/she was so drawn to you - has this happened before?? If so, watch out , or like Kim said - you will be our next regular. To have been accepted by a cat is a special thing!:D :D

carole
04-21-2005, 06:57 AM
PCB let me tell you about the best part about helping my daughter do her paper run, it is meeting all the kitties in my neighbourhood, and believe me there are plenty, I have a special girl, she is a tabby persian, she is incredibly sweet, she runs to meet me and is so smoochy, she is not that well taken care of , she is quite thin under her bushy coat and they just cut out knots in her coat, I feel like stealing her, but I wouldn't, she is a real sweetheart, sometimes I don't see her for two weeks or so, and I get worried, but she alway turns up there to greet me, she is a darling.

Saturday mornings are an early start for us, but we spend a good 15 mins of our time patting all kitties, much to their delight, we have at least ten kitties that we adore, oneday I will borrow my dad's camera and take pics for you all to see.

So yes I understand exactly what you are saying and PCB I truely hope you become a kitty mother oneday soon, that is gonna be one lucky kitty.:)

catnapper
04-21-2005, 07:04 AM
Pointless? Bah! What a sweet story! If you lived closer, I'd be demanding you come visit the monsters on a regular basis so that you could get your fill of cats until the day came you had your own place and could fill your own home with cats!

Yes, cats are addictive. Even my husband who DID NOT want cats is addicted. I have the feeling the TRUE reason of why he won't "let" me foster a mama cat and kittens this year is not ebcause he knows I'm going to want to keep one is because he's going to want to keep them ALL. :D

Barbara
04-21-2005, 07:12 AM
Not pointless.

Unconditional kitty love that is just a gift melts the heart:)

I hope you meet a sweet and tender kitty soon so that he/she can share your life:)

Laura's Babies
04-21-2005, 08:09 AM
It is hard to NOT take those home, even knowing they are someone elses. I would be afraid that with one that friendly, that someone would steal it.

catcrazylady
04-21-2005, 08:15 AM
Hey PCB! So a kitty has snatched your heart huh? Well, that is why I have a house full!:D This kitty sounds gorgeous and I hope you get to see it again when you have your camera. Pictures would be wonderful! Maybe you will meet your neighbor and get to visit the kitty now and then.
I'm sure that kitty knew immediately what a sweetie you are so he gave you his greatest gift...headbumpies, purrs, and acceptance!:)

QueenScoopalot
04-21-2005, 08:21 AM
That sounds like one scrumptious kitty, with a purrsonality to match. :D :) I wonder if it's a Turkish Angora? Almost sounds like one by your description, so of course we must see pictures sometime! ;) :D

popcornbird
04-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
I see a future Cat General "regular" in the makings!!!!:D

And...is that supposed to be a good thing? :D

Seriously though...if my parents allowed it, I WOULD have a cat. I've already told my mom that when I'm married and have my own place, I plan on having at least 1 or 2 cats along with my birds. I have ALWAYS wanted a cat...ever since I was a young child. I've had many cats steal my heart over the years, but never had the opportunity to have my own. Hopefully, one day I will.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Good to know I'm not the only one who melts into such a big puddle when meeting such kitties. He he he!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
And...is that supposed to be a good thing? :D

Absolutely!!! :D ;) :D

The kitty sounds like a real sweetheart and.....when are you getting married? ;) :D ;) :D

Vermontcat
04-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Popcorn, I know how you feel.
When I was your age I couldn't have a cat in the house because my dad was too allergic.
What I did to get my kitty fix then was to petsit for my neighbor's cat.
Maybe you could make an offer to petsit for this neighbor or others that own cats near you.
Now I take my kids to the shelter to visit and socialize with the cats and sometimes take a dog out for a walk.
Maybe you could volunteer at your local shelter so you can play with some cats there.
I took my daughter there for an hour last Saturday and we had so much fun playing with some of the cats.
Here is my favorite, a perfect little tuxedo girl named Cookie, a total lovebug.
Cookie (http://svr1.addisonhumane.org/pets/pet.asp?key=314)
I also played with Kansas, a cute black cat with a little white on his chest who keeps telling me that he belongs in Ohio with Cataholic.;)
You really should petsit or visit your shelter and enjoy spending some time with cats.
When you are ready to adopt a cat of your own you may find that an older cat like Samantha will get along with your birdies just fine.:)

kittycats_delight
04-21-2005, 11:26 AM
that sweetheart sounds like my dear departed Mytsi. She loved everyone. She always had an amazing life and was never in any way afraid of any person. Completely trusting sounds like the same situation. And many many times my neighbors told me if I see my chance you will be minus one kitty. And they weren't "cat" people. Some....ok....a lot of kitties really know how to pull on those heart strings. I guess that is one of the reasons all us kitty parents are addicted to kitty kisses and headbumps. They just sneak their way right into your heart when you aren't even looking. If you ask me they are the perfect theif. LOL :D

furrykidsmother
04-21-2005, 11:50 AM
You must be a very nice person. Kitties can sense that. Glad you made a new friend and I hope you get to see him/her often.

wolflady
04-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
...Seriously though...if my parents allowed it, I WOULD have a cat...

You would be a GREAT cat mom PCB! :D

**hugs**

catmandu
04-21-2005, 12:44 PM
I know how you feel,as the cats,that I fall,in love,with are the Ones,that are on the Porch,They have ,to go through a lot,of cold,until I adopt,or can rehome them.And there is a Great Balck Cat,in the window,when I take,the Bus,to the Framers Market,and he follows my Finger,as I move it over,the window,in frnt,of him.He,really looks like a Funhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1134.jpg Cat!

slick
04-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Ah Ha!!! Bitten by the kitty bug....I just knew you had it in you! Now you know exactly how I felt when I met those birdies. All of a sudden, you totally understand what other people have been talking about. Congratulations PCB. I do hope that one day your wish can come true and you will be a proud and wonderful Mewomie. :)

carole
04-21-2005, 03:13 PM
PCB it is only a matter of time, and you will have one of those cute lil balls of fluff, so hang on in there, my daughter already has her cats planned, a mother and two kittens is what she hopes to have when she has her own place, and they will be INDOORS only folks, surprise suprise, remember NZ does not have many of those, I guess all my chatting about PT and the benefits associated with it, has convinced her this is the option for her, of course I told her it will take some serious planning, and Dad will have to build her an outdoor enclosure, lets hope she gets a good landlord eh? of course her working for the shelter , she gets plenty of time to love kitties and want them too.:)

popcornbird
04-22-2005, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Absolutely!!! :D ;) :D

The kitty sounds like a real sweetheart and.....when are you getting married? ;) :D ;) :D

Uh...:eek:...not so fast Debbie!!! :eek: LOL!!! :D I have no idea! :p Whenever I find the right person, I guess. ;) (Yep...a person who likes birdies and kitties....he he he)

AmberLee
04-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Aw, how sweet!!!

jenluckenbach
04-22-2005, 08:06 PM
I have absolutely NO idea what you mean. :rolleyes:

(but my cat population might disprove that statement ) ;)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-23-2005, 11:55 AM
Ha ha, I am glad that I am NOT the only one who "talks" to every cat I see in the neighbourhood ;) ! It's funny to see how certain cats already recognise me and run towards the fence, hoping to get a head-scratchie :D !

You will do great as a cat-mom, Poppy!!

oh, btw, don't forget your camera next time! That is the number one priority of a cat-person ;) :)