PDA

View Full Version : How much water do you drink?

Kfamr
04-20-2005, 11:53 PM
I'm just curious.

I realize I drink A LOT of water.
I have probably 2-3 glasses before school (2 at home, 1 on the way to school)
3-4 bottles of (12 oz.?) waters during school.
Numerous glasses of water when I get home.
And just now, I drank 3 glasses of water within minutes, and still could have some more.

I'd say I drink around 15+ glasses of water a day.

I've gotten to the point where if I drink a soda, I feel extremely dehydrated.
And, normal tap water has gotten gross to me - including the water from a drinking fountain.

Am I just weird and drink a lot of water, or does everyone drink a lot? :o

manda_moo87
04-20-2005, 11:55 PM
I drink quite a bit. I'd say 8 glasses a day, but in the summer probably 12+.

I LOVE water. :)

slick
04-21-2005, 12:04 AM
I do not drink coffee or tea so at work I take a huge Coleman thermos full of ice water. During the day I go through two of them. Yes, I drink TONS of water all the time.

Sirrahsim
04-21-2005, 12:20 AM
I don't drink as much as I should :( Dehydration is what started me having contractions a few months ago:eek: :eek: I probably only drink one or two glasses a day, thought my doc has instructed me to get 80oz a day:eek: :( :)

gkristian
04-21-2005, 12:22 AM
i try ro drink more then 2.5L of water every day

popcornbird
04-21-2005, 12:32 AM
I try to drink water constantly.....always have a glass of water with me. Its my goal to drink at least 8 glasses a day. I tend to stick to drinking a lot of water when the weather's warm. When its cold, I just can't. I don't know why.........its just so difficult to drink so much water when the weather's cool. Hot weather helps with that. I try to drink at least 8 glasses (the glasses I drink from are 16 ounces...so equal to 2 cups). Sometimes, I can't drink more than 4, but I try. I love water. :D

MariaM
04-21-2005, 01:15 AM
Recently I've been starting to drink more. Usually I don't drink much at all. 2 glasses maybe. Except when I have popcorn or chips, I'll fill up and enormous cup of water and drink it. :p

NoahsMommy
04-21-2005, 02:23 AM
I drink a lot of water. I just read on some website that you're supposed to drink 0.5 oz per pound of body.

Water's soooo good for you. :)

sandragonfly
04-21-2005, 02:47 AM
*clicked* 6-10. I wish I could drink as much as you! a 64oz a day is required for everybody because H20 is the best nutrition you have on this earth.

you can go and measure and see if that's over 64oz :) I NEVER drink water in the mornings or I get nausea. I often drink (providen by the coach and phyiscal trainer) while I swim on the team. and after because the chroline in swimming pool is "salty" enough to make us all thristy after our hard work of hundreds laps. they have been yakking at me and reminding me to DRINK. :rolleyes: can we trade our thristy? :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-21-2005, 03:42 AM
I drink about 10 glasses of water per day. Besides water, I also drink lots of ice tea (non-sparkling), some milk, and 1 cup of coffee.
Years ago, I had lots of problems with my bladder. The doctor ordered then that I needed to drink much more.

Drinking lots of water is also needed if you are following a diet!

Killearn Kitties
04-21-2005, 03:45 AM
I have always drunk loads of water, particularly really cold water.

Angus's Dad
04-21-2005, 03:59 AM
You're just weird!:p :p :D

catnapper
04-21-2005, 07:27 AM
I drink flavored hot water ;) In other words: tea. But its weak and I never add anything else to it. As it gets hotter I'll drink more iced water. Last night I drank maybe 4 glasses. By summer it'll be up to where you are.

Jods
04-21-2005, 07:29 AM
I HATE WATER!! and I know I should be drinking it, but I really don't like it.

Logan
04-21-2005, 07:40 AM
I love water, but it has to be cold! I have it with ice and we also buy a lot of bottled water to keep in our garage refrigerator. The kids drink it and it seems like it is worth it to keep it stocked with that rather than lots of cola drinks. The grocery store where I shop has great specials on bottled water all the time, and recently, I bought 4 cases (24 bottles each) for $2.98 each. That's a lot more cost effective than canned drinks, for sure! :)

I probably have at a minimum, 10 glasses of water each day. I'm always thirsty.

ramanth
04-21-2005, 08:50 AM
I chose 1-5. I drink water at work but some days I only drink one glass and others I might drink 1-3.

I drink water and juice at home. I've cut my caffeine intake, way back. :)

I should drink more water though.

I ended up in the hospital due to dehydration back in high school. Scary.

Laura's Babies
04-21-2005, 08:50 AM
I have a very finicky tummy and all it allows me to drink is coffee (weak coffee at that), tea and water.. NOTHING else so I drink water all day long and maybe 1 glass of tea a day. I LOVE water anyway!

anna_66
04-21-2005, 09:28 AM
I normally have at least that, sometimes less and sometimes more. It just all depends what my day is like.

Tollers-n-Dobes
04-21-2005, 09:40 AM
During the winter months I maybe drink 1-5 glasses a day but during spring and summer I probably drink 10+.

Orca
04-21-2005, 09:49 AM
I don't drink a lot of water, though I know I should. I tried it once, but I had to pee so much, it got annoying LOL :D

cloverfdx
04-21-2005, 09:58 AM
I tend to drink alot of bottled water, maybe a few 700ml bottles perday. My favourite at the moment is H2Go, with a dash of Pineapple it is good stuff.

dukedogsmom
04-21-2005, 09:58 AM
I drink a lot! At work, I keep a 44oz mug filled and usually finish it by the end of the day. I can't go without water too long. Althogh, I don't drink as much when I'm at home because I can drink other things.

GraciesMommy
04-21-2005, 10:00 AM
I fill up my Big Dog princess mug each morning at work and drink til lunch..then I switch over to a diet coke the rest of the day..lol

petslover
04-21-2005, 10:37 AM
I hate the taste of water, so I usually drink like one bottle a day! I know I need more, I just hate the taste of it.

jenfer
04-21-2005, 11:20 AM
i definitely did NOT drink enough water. :o

IRescue452
04-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I hate water too. It tastes like metal and I can't keep it down. I usually drink kool-aid and lemonade by like 1-2 liters a day in summer. Its cheap and adds some vitamins. I don't drink bottled water because there is no calcium or fluoride and its just plain naive to think that bottled water is any better than regular. I don't drink much anyway and friends always say I belong in the desert because I can go a whole day without drinking or even feeling thirsty.

cali
04-21-2005, 12:03 PM
it depends on the day and how much water we have, I only drink bottled water from BC as our water from buffalo pound is gross lol BUT water makes me have to pee, a LOT like litterally every 5-10 minuts, so on school days I only drink water AFTER school and during midterms and finals I dont drink water period. but water does not quench my thirst, it makes me thirstier if thats a word lol but appertly I am weird in that because I grew up being tought that water is the best thirst quencher and salt makes you thirsty, but water does not quench my thirst and salt does not make me thirsty lol

I hate water too. It tastes like metal

lol I LOVE it when my water tasts like metal, lol my favorite way to drink it is ice cold in a metal cup, that way it gives off more of a metaly flavour lol

BitsyNaceyDog
04-21-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by IRescue452
I hate water too. It tastes like metal and I can't keep it down. I usually drink kool-aid and lemonade by like 1-2 liters a day in summer. Its cheap and adds some vitamins.

I didn't know sugar was a vitamin. Just kidding, but I really didn't know that kool-aid had vitamins in it.

I am a sipper. I usually drink either water or milk, but not a lot at a time, I just sip. :rolleyes:

Cataholic
04-21-2005, 01:11 PM
I drink 100+ ounces a day. On the advice of a doctor, straight water is no longer my drink of choice. I drink a 50/50 blend of Gatorade and water. Straight water is 'lacking', nutritionally. The electrolytes in Gatorade is more replenishing. I can't stomach straight Gatorade- too sweet.

I also drink, in addition to the above, a glass of milk, glass of juice, and several cups of coffee.

Suki Wingy
04-21-2005, 02:49 PM
usually 6 cups

Daisy and Delilah
04-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Living in Florida, working in the yard, etc. etc. etc. It seems like I'm drinking water all the time. Sometimes Gatorade or tea but in the summer I'll drink at least 15 glasses of water a day. With the heat and humidity I find that you have a glass of something in your hand all the time.:D

Terry:cool:

carole
04-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Kay that is wonderful you drink so much, not weird at all, we humans should drink about 2 litres a day, myself I find that a bit hard to do, as I will end up spending most of my day in the bathroom if I do that, I try to drink a litre if I can, summer is no problem, winter time I struggle a bit more with that amount, I have my daughter drinking mostly water too, apart from Ribena in the morning for breakfast and the odd drink during the day, however I wish it was purified water, as I feel then we might actually get more health benefits.

Drinking water does help your skin, and help clear toxins, it is also beneficial in weight loss, it fills you up instead of eating, and helps subside hunger pains, but I read somewhere there is another reason it helps in weight loss, but I cannot think of it at the moment., also with that and fibre it helps keep you regular, which is why it is so important to do in the hot weather(but I guess most people already know all that).

I am a great believer in drinking water and promote it anyway I can.

Sweet drinks only make you thirstier, they are loaded in calories and bad for our teeth. :(

Desert Arabian
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
To be honest, I can't even remember when I had a (full) glass of water. I think it was about 2 months ago- I have had the occasional sips out of the bubbler (water fountain, drinking fountain, whatever you want to call it....in WI it's bubbler, lol) at work when I get thirsty.

In the summer I drink TONS of water though.

It is possible to kill yourself by drinking too much water, which amazed me when I learned about it in anatomy physiology class.

lizzielou742
04-21-2005, 05:27 PM
I have a couple one-liter Evian bottles, and I always keep them full. I'd say I drink an average of three per day. Sometimes it's only two and sometimes it's five, but I'm going to say three is the average. So 3 liters = about 100 ounces, or about 12.5 eight-ounce glasses. So I picked 11-15. :) Drinking water is awesome. It's really helped me on my 'diet.' I never used to drink it before. Plus my hair looks better now! :)

moosmom
04-21-2005, 05:56 PM
I drink alot of water, especially when I'm at work. They keep bottled water in the big fridge all the time.

I've noticed since I drink so much water, my face hasn't broken out at all!

KYS
04-21-2005, 06:56 PM
I also do not drink nearly as much water as
I should. I probably drink about 4 glasses a day.
I know that water is so important, but I am not
much of a water drinker.

CamCamPup33
04-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
To be honest, I can't even remember when I had a (full) glass of water. I think it was about 2 months ago- I have had the occasional sips out of the bubbler (water fountain, drinking fountain, whatever you want to call it....in WI it's bubbler, lol) at work when I get thirsty.

I'm the EXACT same way. :p

*LabLoverKEB*
04-21-2005, 10:07 PM
I also love water, but mine too has to be cold! I don't like warm water at all! lol!:D I probably drink about, maybe 11-15 glasses a day.;)

*LabLoverKEB*
04-21-2005, 10:07 PM
I also love water, but mine too has to be cold! I don't like warm water at all! lol!:D I probably drink about, maybe 11-15 glasses a day.;)

GoldenRetrLuver
04-21-2005, 10:09 PM
I'd say I drink three or four glasses a day, but I know I should be drinking more. The water HAS to be cold and have ice in it. I LOVE ice. :p

flamepony12
04-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Probably 6-10 during a normal day, but during the summer maybe 11 or 12. ;)

wolfsoul
04-21-2005, 10:54 PM
I don't drink water. If I drink it, I throw up.

They have thrown that "8 glasses a day" myth out the window. Now they say that it is only healthy to drink until your thirst is quenched. Which is good -- I tend to notice alot of people telling me that they feel bad they can never drink 8 glasses a day because they never get that thirsty. They don't have to worry about it. :)

K9soul
04-21-2005, 11:20 PM
That's interesting that you say that Jordan. I've always heard about the 8 glasses rule and felt I was miserably failing in that aspect of taking care of my health. I tend to sip water, more recently a bottle of sparkling water (without sugar or caffeine), throughout the day. I barely finish a 20 FL oz bottle per day, if I even finish that. So I guess I probably average about 2 drinking glasses of water during the day. I've wondered if some people just require less water than others, because I also barely sweat no matter how hot I get, and how much I drink. The times I've worked at it and forced myself to drink more than I want, I find myself visiting the restroom every 5-10 minutes for awhile until it's out of my system :o. I wonder if some people just physically require less water than others.

I suppose it's mentionable that I often wake up during the night thirsty and I keep a bottle of water by my bed. I suppose I may sometimes drink an extra glass during the night if I wake up.

Also it's true that you can actually "overdose" on too much water/fluids if you go to an extreme. It's called hyponatremia, and it's when you take in so much fluid you dilute the salt level in the body too far. It's actually more common than you might think, I have typed several medical records dealing with it before in my transcription, but it seems to most often occur in athletes who overdo it in trying to keep hydrated during sporting events.

Freckles
04-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Pure Bull Run tap water.:)

RobiLee
04-22-2005, 05:28 PM
I usually only drink water. Very seldom do I drink anything else. I don't really know how much I drink though...lol. I guess I'll have to keep track one day. I always have a bottle or glass of ice water in my hand or close by.

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Probably 6-10.:) Not enough however sometimes...:rolleyes:

PJ's Mom
04-22-2005, 07:46 PM
I don't drink water. Like everyone else here who doesn't drink water, I find it tastless, boring or just icky. I will grab a bottle of Propel or other similarly flavored water, but usually it's good ol' Diet Coke for me. :)