PDA

View Full Version : An Announcement

NoahsMommy
04-20-2005, 07:29 PM
(I'm putting this in Cat General, because its sort of a private issue, but you'll notice eventually when I don't have pictures of all 8 after mid-May.)

My PT friends...

After almost four years of marriage, David and I have decided to divorce. While I've tried my hardest to make things work, it just wont. I am a firm believer in prayer, God and committment, but sometimes its just not meant to be.

The weekend of May 14/15, I will be moving to a new apartment with a very good friend. I'm taking five of the cats (Noah, Basie, Micah, Phoebe & Jonah), David will take three (Noel, Hermione & Samson).

The decision was long and hard, but its set. While I'll miss the three that will leave with David, I'm confident they have an amazing home as he shares my love for cats. Noel, Sami and Hermie all really are bonded, so they'll be OK. David knows what food to feed them, what litter to use and who to call if anything is out of ordinary. He'll take them to Susie still, so I'll know they are doing OK.

We've both agreed to visitation rights and I hope he can be adult enough to carry that out, but I'm not holdling my breath.

I just wanted you all to know. You've all been so supportive of me with my furkids and my illness. I didn't want to leave you out of an important change.

This is a GOOD thing for me. I've never, ever felt so free and happy about my future. I don't want to bad mouth David, and I wont here. I just want you all to know.

Hugs and love,
Kelly :)

K & L
04-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Kelly
It's so hard when families break-up, and I wish you the best. It sounds like you're thinking positive and this will help you through the troubled times. If there's anyway I can help (a shoulder to listen) please do not hesitate to ask.
Lisa

wolflady
04-20-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm sorry that your marriage didn't work out, but I know that you really tried to make it work. You're right, sometimes things just aren't meant to be, and you need to do what's right for you and him. I'm glad you posted this, because it's just one of many steps ahead. I'm glad that both you and he have been agreeable with each other during the divorce and that the kitties will all be in good hands.
You know that I'm here for you too :)
**hugs**
Karen

catnapper
04-20-2005, 07:45 PM
I am glad to hear that you are taking the positive look at the situation. You are about to embark on the next phase of life and I wish you all the best luck in the world.

As for the cats, we know that they will be loved and cared for.

QueenScoopalot
04-20-2005, 07:50 PM
I can't say I'm happy for the impending divorce by any means, but am happy you are viewing it in a positive light, hard as it may be. I'm glad you both thought out who got custody of which furkids, and that David has as much love for the kitties as we know you do. Keep your chin up, and a smile on your face, and everything will be alright. ;) And need we say keep on PT? :confused: :)

slick
04-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Kelly, I'm leaving work in a couple of minutes because I've got a meeting downtown...but I wanted to quickly post in this thread.

You already know that your friends will be here for you 24/7 and the love and prayers that you will receive from Pet Talkers will help you through this time.

You are one of the strongest women I know and you've taught me so much in this last year and I thank you for that. I will try to repay you by being there whenever you need me.

{{{hugs}}} Lil Sis
love ya
slick xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
I'll try and call you tomorrow evening from work.

Soapets
04-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Thank you for posting this so that we know some of what is going on. I know what you mean when you say it is a good thing for you. I divorced my first husband after 4 1/2 years of marriage, and it was a relief to get everything out in the open and not have to hide the truth of our relationship any more, etc. As difficult as it was in some ways, it was so much more refreshing in other ways. It gives you a new chance at life, and you know you won't be held down by something/someone that isn't the best match for you. You have done what is best for both of you, and both of you will be free to pursue your own dreams again, without the conflicts of interest, etc. I wish you the best, and hope that you DO get visitation with the three kitties who will be going with him.

Catsnclay
04-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Wow Kelly, you sound like you and David have really worked this out well. I guess in that sense I am happy for you, but on the other hand I do feel for you.

Divorce is not the easiest thing for anyone to go through, but it sounds like you both worked it out and it will be friendly. And THAT is more important than anything else. Having been divorced once myself I know things can get nasty really quick over the stupidist things! :rolleyes: :eek:

If you need to vent or a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you.

Good luck, but it sounds like you have everything under control. Good for you!!

catmandu
04-20-2005, 08:06 PM
I am sorry,to hear about your divorce,and that is a shame,that the Cats,have to be seperated,from thier Cat Friends.But I am glad,that you,and David,are handling this,in a civilized manner.And,as the OPther pet Talkers,have told You,The Found Cats,and I,are there,for you! Especially..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/FoundCatFollies082.jpg

Hang in there,I did! Scrappy2.

Logan
Thank you for letting us know. I have been concerned about you with your health, and I knew you had asked for prayers before without explaining what was going on (which was perfectly ok.....God knew and that's what matters).

Sounds like you and David are handling things in a good way. I'm glad. I have been through it, with a child, and it was not always easy, but we survived it, and all of us are quite happy now.

If you need anything that I can do by PM or phone (across the country from you, unfortunately), all you need to do is let me know.

Logan

NoahsMommy
Thank you, EVERYONE. Your words are well needed and I'll keep this thread until the divorce is final to keep me positive. :)

I anticipate nastiness, but will be pleased if there is none.

I have an AMAZING support system in my family, friends and especially PT pals. Thank you, thank you. A hundred times, thank you.

Love,
Kelly

P.S. Not only am I gaining a roomate, but the cats are gaining three kitty companions! I've had to buy all new cat boxes, toys, beds and cat trees to ease the transition. I'll add more on that later. :)

luvofallhorses
04-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Kelly,
I am so sorry:( But I know you are a positive person and are looking at it postively

Hugs,
Krista

Corinna
04-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Some times our best intentions aren't what God wants for us. I wish you good luck. And we will be here for you always.

Tonya
04-20-2005, 09:48 PM
Thank you Kelly for keeping us updated. I wish the best for you. (((hugs)))

Laura's Babies
04-20-2005, 10:34 PM
For every chapter of your life that ends, a new one begins. You have the means and skills to create a better and happier chapter than the last one. Sometimes, it is just better to start a new chapter than to keep on with the old one that is not working for you..

The Mr. Ex and I have been divorced for over 20 years and we agreed on a pleasent one because of the kids and I have to tell you, we have made FAR better friends than we did man and wife. He was not a bad person and neither was I, we just outgrew each other and we are still friends today. He calls me, I call him and we keep in touch... If one of us is in need, all the other has to do is ask. We love one another as friends.

Life is to short for negative things or toxic people and I am sure you have learned, stress can be a factor in your health.

I am happy for you and I am thrilled at all there is out there for you to find and discover in your new life. Just remember "LET GO, LET GOD!" I hope you enjoy your new life as much as I did mine when I got my divorce and find all the wonder and joy out there that I found... Good friends, good times, great life!

(Not to be treating divorce lightly, it does hurt when it ends, no matter what the reasons are)

Good Luck with your new life!

Karen
04-20-2005, 10:55 PM
We are glad that you are going to be happier, and that things have been peacefully worked out about the kitties. A divorce is never easy, or fun, but you know in your hearts if it's the right thing.

And we are glad that David does love kitties just like you, and while that's not enough to keep you married to each other, it is at least one pleasant thing you can always discuss.

We will keep all of you in our prayers.

gini
04-20-2005, 11:00 PM
I have told you before Kelly, that you are wise beyond your years.

You have so many friends here on Pet Talk that love you.............and we all love you because you never play games..........you present yourself and your life events exactly as they are............and we can all sense your sincerity and honesty.

That is why all of us will reach out to you now, and be there for you. You have many friends here that have had the joy of meeting you (my neighbors call you the "cute" one - and it is true!)

No matter how you cut it............divorce is no picnic..........there are days when you feel as though you are absolutely nothing.

That's when I hope you will reach out to all of us - either through email - or phone calls or whatever means suits you best. We will be there for you.

Just know that during these next months you have my support and you can ask anything of me - I would do it for you.

In the meantime, please continue to take good care of yourself...........you have health issues that are most important to deal with.

For now, please just let me send you a GIANT HUG!

PJ's Mom
04-20-2005, 11:01 PM
I know I don't know you that well, Kelly, but I have to say I'm excited for you. I know all too well how miserable it is to be stuck in an unhappy marraige and you're getting the opportunity to have a fresh start. It's difficult, and scary, but knowing what I know about you leads me to believe that you are a very positive, strong lady who can do anything and make it through anything. You have tons of friends, your kitties and what should only remain a good relationship with your soon-to-be ex. Given the circumstances, you can't ask for much more. :)

I wish you nothing but happiness and good luck.

Dawn~

kimlovescats
04-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Prayers, support and love to you Kelly!

((((HUGS))))
Kim;)

krazyaboutkatz
04-21-2005, 12:22 AM
Kelly, I wish you nothing but joy and happiness. You have my full support and please remember that I'll always be there for you if you need me. I'm glad that you're in such good spirits and I hope that everything works out for you. Take care.

{{{{HUGS}}}}

popcornbird
04-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Oh Kelly. I'm so sorry to hear of your impending divorce, but it does feel better to see you looking at things in a positive way. I wish you the best of luck in life and lots of happiness in your life ahead. Take care. We're all here for you at this time.

{{{hugs}}}

shais_mom
04-21-2005, 01:12 AM
You know how much I love you Kelly so you know that what ever you need I am here for you.
Keep you're chin up, love.

NoahsMommy
04-21-2005, 01:26 AM
I love you guys!! Thank you so much for your replies. I'm going to get through this just fine because I have amazing people like you that are there for me.

Thank you, thank you!!!

:)

sandragonfly
04-21-2005, 01:33 AM
wow...divorcing nicely? I'm not good at saying the best reinforcements but I just wanted you to see what I'm going to say... that you're obviously an intelligent, wise and sweet woman I'll trust whether choices you're gonna choose for your great, bright life on good and bad paths.

just a note, my ex-boyfriend and I were together for more than 2 years and we broke up nicely. after five hours of conversation. so I know it's a good feeling, better than fighting and you probably take only 3 cats :) I'm sad those three I see often on here will be gone...? take care kelly and I'll give you a hug in person. xoxxo

jenluckenbach
04-21-2005, 05:07 AM
Oh Kelly, I am so sorry. I know it will be so hard, but once you are settled in your "new" life, you KNOW everything will be just fine.

Let us know if you need anything.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-21-2005, 05:44 AM
You are quite a woman, Kelly! The way you handle this delicate mather is remarkable! I feel so sorry for you because your marriage didn't work. I'm sorry because I know how sick you have been and still are. But you seem to have thought this over very well. So, I want to wish you all the luck in the world, cause you deserve that!!!

carole
04-21-2005, 06:19 AM
Kelly I was very sad to read this post, but then I know that you are unhappy.

We are all here for support any time you need us, and can only wish for you the best in life, you have had a tough time with your chronic illness and even through all that you have kept your spirits up, on top of that you have been dealing with so much more, I admire your courage and strength, but also know that none of it can be easy for you, HUGS Kelly and take care of yourself, and just give us a yell if ya need us ok.:)

catcrazylady
04-21-2005, 07:52 AM
Dear Kelly, you seem to be looking forward to a new life and that makes things so much easier. I know I struggled for years to make my previous marriage work and that was far more stressful than just letting go. There were a few hard times but it was the best thing I ever did! Surprisingly enough my divorce did remain somewhat friendly. We didn't fight over anything since we worked it out from the beginning. Since there are no children involved it should make things go a little smoother and faster. It did for me anyway.

Please know that many of us here have experienced divorce so we know and understand what you will be going through. Those who haven't still love you and want nothing more than to offer love and support.:) You are a kind, sweet soul and I know that things will work out just great for you!:D

As far as the cats that will be staying with David, we all know how much you love and adore them and wouldn't do anything that wasn't good for them. I'm sure David will continue to love and care for them.

We love you Kelly and don't forget we're here when you need us!!
Congratulations on a brand new beginning!!!:)

catlover4ever
04-21-2005, 08:51 AM
Kelly (((hugs))) making these types of decision are the hardest ones to make in life but sometimes they have to be made. It's good that you are keeping a good outlook on things and while it may not be easy all the time you know that we are all here for you anytime you need us.

While I have never met you in person I have come to know you through PT and you are a kind, sweet, gentle person and I wish you the very best.

Keep a positive outlook, have faith and always know that we are here for you. Congratulations on your new life. (((hugs))) --- Meg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-21-2005, 09:55 AM
Kelly, we will be here for you. Divorce is never fun and/or easy, but like others have said, looking forward to your new life will get you through the tough times.

I really don't know how you stay so positive will all that is going on in your life. Must have something to do with pink. ;) :D

Good luck with everything and do not hestitate to ask for help. I have no doubt David will love and adore the kitties that are going with him. After all, he was the one that talked you into Noah in the very beginning, wasn't he? ;)

{{{hugs}}}

Cataholic
04-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Kelly,
Sure, this is sad news, but, it is necessary news, too. You will deal with this next transition the way you deal with all things in life- with prayer, with conviction, with inner strength many of us can only admire. I know you know that you have given this marriage your 'all'. Time to give you your 'all' now.

Good luck.
Johanna

moosmom
04-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Kelly,

I'm so sorry to hear about your divorce. But I am also glad that you have such a positive outlook on your future. You've been through alot in the 2 years I've known you. You need to do what is right for you. Divorce is hard on anyone. I've been divorced since 1979. It was also the best decision I ever made.

I know how difficult it will be for you to leave three of your furbabies. I hope that David will keep his word on visitation. But I would suggest that you talk to your lawyer about having it put in the final divorce decree. This way there will be no renegging on it.

Hang in there honey. You're a strong person. You've come a long way so far. I'm glad that you have a great friend to lean on. Remember, you've got us too! You've also got my number. Call me anytime and don't forget, we love you girl!!

(((((((hugs)))))))))

Donna

Barbara
04-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Kelly I think the important thing is that you are really looking forward to the time after. That means it is the right decision - and it will be good for your health too.

I am sure you acted very responsible with the kids and although I held my breath I was sure Micah would come with you;)

I divorced in 1982 after 7 years of marriage but for me it's the same as for Laura: my ex and I are now really good friends- after some difficult times when we divorced and shortly after.

All the best for you:)

lbaker
04-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Dear Kelly, a person can only be stretched so far, or so tightly - without feeling the tension and the pull eventually - and having it effect your health and those that care for you. The right decisions are rarely the easy ones and it sounds as if you have indeed thought long and hard over this one. You are loved, supported and always will be thought about with smiles. That's just a part of you. I look forward to seeing your smiling, beautiful face in a few months :cool:

Killearn Kitties
04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
I wish you all the very best, Kelly. I have no doubt you have made the right decision. I hope this helps the terrible health problems you have had to deal with recently.

Vermontcat
04-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Hugs to you Kelly, this can't be easy for you to go through after being so sick and in the hospital recently.
I'm happy that you will still get to visit the cats that David will keep and that you don't have to rehome any of them.
Friends and family will help you get through this and as you can see you have a lot of Pet Talkers here to help you through this.:)

Christiansmommy
04-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Kelly~ (((HUGS))) to you :(. I know that this has been a long and tough decision for you. With prayer, you can face the road ahead of you with God by your side all the way...as well for David too...you will both need God to lean on during these changes happening in your lives. You can always feel free to PM if you need to...((((HUGS)))) again. Hang in there...concerning your health issues too.

~Robyn

ramanth
04-21-2005, 02:59 PM
You know I'm there for ya kiddo. :)

*HUGS*

NoahsMommy
04-21-2005, 03:40 PM
I just wanted to thank you for your continued support and inspiring comments.

Thank you.

Love,
Kelly :)

anna_66
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Kelly, I am so sorry to hear that your marriage is going to end. I do hope he can stay civil through this all and let you have regular visitation with the other three.

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers through this difficult time in your life.

Anna

Kirsten
04-21-2005, 04:00 PM
(((((Kelly))))), I'm so sorry to hear your marriage didn't work, but you're right: Sometimes it's just better to take such a step instead of living in a situation that contnued to be stressful and depressing for everyone involved.

You say you're feeling free and happy now, and I think it could be very well that this might have positive effects on your health.

But it's so sad that your cats have to be seperated. At least those with the strongest bonds will stay together, but it will be hard for them, and they'll need both you and David to deal with all the changes in their lives.

I wish you all the best!

Kirsten

ChrisH
04-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Kelly, a sad decision but one not lightly taken, of that I am sure. Wishing you peace and love in your new life.
{{hugs}}

Felicia's Mom
04-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Sorry about your divorce, but you know what's best. I've been divorced since 1974.

gini
04-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Please understand that I am not making fun of divorce. I am divorced and I come from a long line of marriages that lasted until "death do us part".

But I wanted to share this joke.

A guy I know sent me "The Shortest Fairy Tale Ever"

A man asks a woman to marry him.......
She says NO!

And he lived happily ever after.

I sent the joke back to him and said he had forgotten the ending.

The ending I added is:

"AND SO DID SHE!"

rg_girlca
04-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Kelly, even though I don't know you personally, only through what I have read on PT, I really admire you. Even with everything that you have and still are going through, you remain upbeat and positive. You are such a strong woman and I have no doubt that you are going to be just fine.
I also went through a friendly divorce and it does make it much easier.

I wish all the best in your new life.

AmberLee
04-22-2005, 07:30 PM
{{{gentle hugs}}}

Holding you in my prayers.