PDA

View Full Version : Water torture!

Lacey
04-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Well, after reading Kim's thread on Redfurd and Jen's response, I figured that Zelda could probably use a bath since her fur is a tad bit greasy. And then I figured that Kahlua might need a bath since she hasn't been cleaned up since she came in side. And then I just said, "Oh what the heck! If I'm going to do two, might as well get the third scrubbed too." I now have three wet, pouting, clean kitties! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/yugiohgx/bath001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/yugiohgx/bath002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v521/yugiohgx/bath003.jpg

catmandu
04-20-2005, 06:11 PM
I thankfuly,only had,to bathe,one Cat,RB Mr fluffy,when,the poo,got stuck,behind his tail.You,now have Three,of the cleanest Cats,in the USA,and they may,be angry,with you now,but they will feel so good,that they will forgive you.

Laura's Babies
04-20-2005, 07:24 PM
Oh NO! :eek: NO WAY! I will NOT bathe my babies!!! Nope, will NOT! (If it ain't broke, don't fix it!)

catfamily
04-20-2005, 07:25 PM
Clean and so pretty.:D

QueenScoopalot
04-20-2005, 08:00 PM
I have to ask? Do your arms resemble Shredded Wheat? :confused: :eek:

Lacey
04-20-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
I have to ask? Do your arms resemble Shredded Wheat? :confused: :eek:

Nope! No one laid a claw on me, though all three did try to escape. I just kept 'em scruffed with one hand and scrubbed with the other. :D

catnapper
04-20-2005, 08:38 PM
:D Maybe they'll all comiserate and bond over the horrendous treatment they got tonight! :D

sarifish
04-20-2005, 10:01 PM
thats what they make leashes an harnesses for tie em up and give em a bath then u get away safe and clean hehehehehe sounds mean but its really not

Logan
04-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Oh NO! :eek: NO WAY! I will NOT bathe my babies!!! Nope, will NOT! (If it ain't broke, don't fix it!)

Me either, Laura! LOL!!! :eek: :eek: Can't you just see Butter getting a bath? :rolleyes: Mimi has had one in her long life and that was right after we got her, and she was 6 weeks old and covered in fleas. Never again!!!! :D

sirrahbed
04-20-2005, 11:19 PM
I was also going to ask if you had any bloodshed yourself Lacey!! So just scruff and scrub??? I dunno!!:eek:

I think I will stick to nail clipping - that is hair-raising enough for me. (I also bleed:rolleyes: )

Sirrahsim
04-20-2005, 11:27 PM
hmm maybe Boomer should get a bath before we bring home his new baby brother?? thanks for giving me the idea:D :D :D :D

kimlovescats
04-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Congrats on 3 successful baths! I have bathed lots of kitties in the past several years .... and like anything else, it's best to start them young! However, here lately, I must admit, that I try to avoid it as much as possible ... but then again, I try to avoid MOST things as of late!:rolleyes: :D

catcrazylady
04-21-2005, 09:03 AM
A big Congrats to you Lacey! Three baths and your not bleeding??!! Amazing!!!

I've only bathed Abigail and Rosco when they were flea covered kittens and since I thought I killed Abigail during that bath I swore it off! Magoo got a butt bath but that didn't work either. Hubby was bleeding on that one!;) I have sworn off bathing kitties unless something very drastic happens!

I commend and applaud you for managing THREE!!!:D :D :D

Lacey
04-21-2005, 09:20 AM
It's kind of funny. I was expecting a life and death struggle, barely escaping with my arms still attached.

But it wasn't any worse than bathing my sister's dog. The only real difference is that the cats can jump higher in their escape attempts if you loosen up for just a couple of seconds. :D :D :D

Catsnclay
04-21-2005, 09:46 AM
:eek: :eek: Wow you bathed 3 cats all by yourself???? AND no blood or scratches??!! :eek: :eek: Wow, my hat is tipped off to you!

It takes my husband to hold them and I get to wash them, we both come out of the whole ordeal just as wet as they are, and my husband always gets a scratch, bite or something!!

We need to give baths pretty soon, too. I know Tim is just counting the days until the Big Event :rolleyes:

Fluffy goes in tomorrow for his annual bath and Lion cut, so we only have to bathe Lucky and Yoshi.

You want to come and give baths over here??!! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-21-2005, 10:22 AM
Awww...poor babies..... Looks like Mowgli is really giving you the evil eye over it though. :D

I, too, used to be afraid of giving baths, but then it became much more necessary and I think the only thing that saved me was the fact that Tubby was mellowing in his old age. ;) After tried Cracker Jack yet - no need to because he is constantly cleaning himself. :rolleyes: ;) :D

catlover4ever
04-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies

Nope me either....and if it is broke I will gladly PAY someone else to have shredded wheat arms....not me.

furrykidsmother
04-21-2005, 11:48 AM
You are very brave. I wouldn't dare try to give any of mine a bath. Gidget likes to move her head and ears under running water on occassion, but it has to be her idea. They all like to play in the tub, but that is when there is no water.

They do look all nice and clean though!

kittycats_delight
04-21-2005, 11:58 AM
I used to bathe my Mytsi but then again she was a strange girl and loved the water. If you were in the shower she would wait until you were done and then call you when you would look at her she would launch herself into your arms and want under the water. All of her from head to toe. Walk under the water with her in arms and she would close her eyes and pin back her ears? Didn't want water in those and then she was happy to go on her way and dry off. Also if you were getting a bath and filling the tub you had best close the door or you would return to find her floating along froggy style in your bathwater. Like I said she was a strange one. :D I haven't attempted my other 2 girls and not sure I will. They aren't too struck on the whole water thing. Maybe Vixen will allow it if she has control. She tries to get in the bath with her daddy but he is afraid she will scratch something of importance to him. :eek: Go figure. LMAO