PDA

View Full Version : Dog Meeting

petslover
04-20-2005, 02:59 PM
I am trying to plan a dog meeting for my friends in my area (since you all live a billion miles away..hehe) to all get together and have fun with our dogs..

I am going to have it at the park, but I need some ideas on what to do..

We are going to cookout..

But I need some ideas like for games, etc.. If anyone would like to help, please feel free to :D

Thanks!

slick
04-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Once a year our local Humane Society hosts a "Doggy Fun Day" and we have lots of games.

Egg and Spoon
The traditional race but you've got the egg and spoon in one hand and the dog on a leash on the other. Great for kids.

Musical Chairs
Again, the traditional one but when the music stops the hooman sits in a chair and makes the dog sit in front on them.

Howling Hounds
Which pup can howl the loudest. Granted, sometimes this doesn't work if the dogs are trained not to howl. Last year there were a couple of Bassett Hounds that won.

last but not least...

Weenie Bob
Fill up ice cream buckets half full of water and drop in 10 bits of weenie. On your mark, get set, GO...and the pup who finishes first is the winner of that "heat". Last year there were so many dogs that we had about 6 heats, then those 6 winners competed against each other...etc etc. You will also need some small containers for the little pups.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

jesse_3
04-20-2005, 04:22 PM
That would be so much fun! I don't know if I would ever be able to make it, but, here are a couple of suggestions for what to do:
1) Best Tricks
Have each dog perform their best trick
2) Obstacle Course
Create on big obstacle course and see whose pet can do it best!
3) Race
who can run the fastest with their dog, and whose dog can run the fastest!

Maybe I can find a way to get there! I hope that I can! When you figure out when the exact dates are and everything, could you pm me please?