PDA

View Full Version : Artist Help!!!

Palomino21
04-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Hi there. I start an art class tomorrow and my supply list ask for these items. Where do I get them and what are they?

1) set of soft pastels with at least 12 colors
2) wine charcoal
3) masking tape (1" wide)
4) kneaded eraser
5) soft paper towels or tissues
6) aluminum foil
7) pastel paper ( Carrson-Mi-Tientes Assorted colors recommended)

Any help is appreciated. I have no art experience what so ever. I thought I would try it out.

Annie

Laura's Babies
04-20-2005, 05:23 PM
You already know more than I do.... You have a list of things to buy, I wouldn't have a clue what to buy if I wanted to paint/draw.

Daisy and Delilah
04-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Michaels Arts and Crafts Store?? An art store??

Good luck. Sounds like fun!!

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

sandragonfly
04-20-2005, 05:35 PM
those kind of supplies you needed sound like they can be at these stores listed below:

# Aaron's Brothers
# Michael's Crafts - (beware, not a lot of things you need available in ALL of this store)
# JoAnn's Fabrics

I only give you three stores because they are easy to find and looks like you're in a hurry? classes won't wait for us! I still gotta find RC sheets & negative sleeves for my photography :rolleyes:

Karen
04-20-2005, 05:52 PM
Any art supply store.

A Michael's, an A.J. Moore, those are two chains that would have all that but I don't know if they're in Central America - or are you home now? Or order online from http://Utrecht.com

wolfsoul
04-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Before going to an art store, try the dollar store or discount warehouse. :) They often have the same things at much lower prices.

catnapper
04-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Did you teacher not recommend a place to buy the supplies? I have no idea where to suggest you buy the supplies since I see you are from Central America and I am only familiar with store in the USA.

Any good arts and crafts store should have those items (as suggested by everyone else) but also a large chain store like Walmart has an arts & craft section. Some of them have really nice arts & crafts sections.

When do you need all of the supplies?

Palomino21
04-20-2005, 10:13 PM
I am in the central part of USA, actually Oklahoma. I guess I should go change that part on my profile. hehe. Anyway, yeah, I enrolled a couple of days ago, got an email, and no suggestions on where to go. I know where to get te tissues, and the the masking tape, but some of the others I may just go to the class and observe the first one and talk to the teacher. Then go get all the stuff. Thanks for all your help.

Annie