PDA

View Full Version : A surprise for Drake

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-18-2002, 07:47 AM
Most of you know that Andrew is away in Alabama at flight school. He has been gone for 3 weeks now. Needless to say, Drake and I both miss him very much. Andrew and I talk everyday, but poor Draker doesn't :(

When I get home and play a message that Andrew left on the machine, Drake's ears perk up and he starts looking around for his daddy! If I yell out Andrew, Drake goes around the house looking for him. He has also found a T-shirt of Andrew's that he carries around with him all the time. He sniffs it and puts his head on it and fights with me if I try and take it away.

Well, Andrew is coming home this weekend! He will be staying till Monday afternoon and boy is Drake in for a surprise! I can just see Drake running at Andrew's truck to give him a big hug. He knows his daddy's truck from any other one!

ramanth
01-18-2002, 08:24 AM
How Wonderful!!! I can just imagine the look on Drake's face! :D

~Kimmy

jackiesdaisy1935
01-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Souraya, that's wonderful, Drake is such a loving wonderful dog he will be so happy.
Jackie

Dixieland Dancer
01-18-2002, 09:49 AM
I can imagine the joy Drake (AND YOU) will feel! Have a great weekend!

Gio
01-18-2002, 10:17 AM
Enjoy your weekend together!

jennifert
01-18-2002, 12:21 PM
That's wonderful!! Enjoy your weekend! You'll have to race Drake to the truck to get the first hug!:)

purrley
01-18-2002, 01:01 PM
It's going to be so wonderful for Andrew to get the welcome he's in for. Loving wife and loyal friend Drake. It's so touching how much love is given out. Drake will be so happy to see his Daddy and Momma to see her hubby. Enjoy each other!!!!!

thelmalu99
01-18-2002, 04:07 PM
Awww... sweet!
When my dad is in town, he stays at my apartment, and he always says that Elvis and Danny run and sit by the door when it's about time for me to come home from work. I find that so flattering, heehee!

Hope the three of you enjoy your weekend together! :)

Kfamr
01-18-2002, 04:20 PM
Thats too cute!
I know everytime i say Cathie (my sister who lives in Michigan) Simba perks up and looks all over for her, and then when he hears Quathy ( her nick name) on the phone he whines and well crys... its kinda sad but cute at the same time!

Im so happy for you that you get to see him.... i know when i got to see Cathie on X-mas Break i was really happy!

lbaker
01-19-2002, 07:37 AM
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm living this vicarious thrill just wondering who is happier? Drake, Andrew or Souraya. What joy :D laurie

tatsxxx11
01-19-2002, 08:21 AM
My "girls" just live for their "Daddy!" Nothing gets them more excited than the sound of his car pulling into the driveway. I can feel yours and Drake's happiness and anticipation!!:) Have a wonderful homecoming! It's so sweet to hear of Drake's love for "Dad!":) Welcome Home Andrew!!

K9karen
01-19-2002, 07:32 PM
I'll bet Andew is just as excited! His best girl and best boy racing to the truck! What a beautiful sight! Have a great weekend!

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-22-2002, 10:03 AM
Well, we had a great weekend! A long one too! (took Monday off coz Andrew was Off for MLK).

I got home and Andrew's truck was already there! So, Drake beat me to him! Drake wouldn't leave Andrew's side. He followed him everywhere. Andrew got to spend lots of time with us both and we were so sad to see him go last night :(

It will be at least a month before Drake gets to see Andrew again. I will be in Alabama the first weekend in February. I can't take Drake coz the apartment Andrew lives in is not pet friendly :mad:

Drake is moping around missing his daddy. He will perk up today when I take him for a hike after I get off work!

thelmalu99
01-22-2002, 11:25 AM
I'm so glad you all had a great weekend and Drake enjoyed seeing his daddy! I love how dogs are always so enthusiastic to see you. You can be gone for 15 minutes and when you get back, they act like they haven't seen you in months, LOL!

Give beautiful Drakie a big kiss from me!:)