PDA

View Full Version : Would you consider using a pet psychic?

catlover4ever
04-20-2005, 08:02 AM
This is my first time posting a poll so I hope I do this right.

As most of you know Gracie is having problems with her eyes right now and I am very concerned that she is in pain. I was speaking with a lady who volunteers at one of the no kill animal shelters in the area and she told me about her success using a pet psychic and wanted to know if I would be interested in using a psychic.

I beleive that there are very special and gifted people out there who can help and I'm wondering what everone else thinks.

Am I a quack for wanting to try this? Has anyone had any experience with using one.

Thanks for any and all replies.

furrykidsmother
04-20-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm not sure, but I believe that there are people out there that do have special powers and if there is anyway that someone could help I suppose that it would be worth trying for little Gracie. Good thoughts for both of you.

catnapper
04-20-2005, 08:22 AM
I believe some people are more in tune to animals than others. Why not a pet psychic? I know my husband thinks they are all weirdos taking people's money, but I'd be willing to try it; so long as the person has a good reputation and has made some insight into pet behavior. I wouldn't go to just anyone.

Laura's Babies
04-20-2005, 08:30 AM
I woudn't hesitate to use one and I do believe things like that are real since I am known to "knowing" things myself. Ever since I was a child, I just "know" things, usually about my family members, that something bad is going to happen. I have had a horriable feeling of dread since the Christmas holidays that something bad was going to happen to someone in my sisters family Then that happened to Brandon....... That was just the most recent.

sarifish
04-20-2005, 08:43 AM
id give it a try to try to find out what gracie wants and is feeling

catmandu
04-20-2005, 08:52 AM
Dont laugh,but I think,that I havea connection,with Cats,that I will never have,with people.I can tell,whether my Cats,are happy,or sad,and when I talk,to them,they do seemhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1114.jpg,to listen.

ramanth
04-20-2005, 08:59 AM
I would and I have. :)

I had Kia read by a local pet psychic. It was an amazing experience and very insightful. Many people on the dog side have used her services since. :)

kimlovescats
04-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Sorry, but I voted NO! While I do believe that we all have God-given gifts, and some may well have some extra-sensory gifts, I draw the line at paying for them!;) I think our love for our pets, our own "connection" with them, and being dependent upon Faith and prayer ... gives us the "intuition" to know what we need to do.

Kim
:)

dukedogsmom
04-20-2005, 10:06 AM
I already have and the price was very reasonable. Worth every penny.

jazzcat
04-20-2005, 11:38 AM
I don't believe in it but I'm also a very skeptical person and feel people like that are probably scam artist. Just my personal feelings. On that note, I don't think any less of anyone who tries it. Also I feel like even if it didn't bring the pet any comfort maybe it gave the owners some. What ever floats your boat.

sirrahbed
04-20-2005, 11:44 AM
I guess I am with Kim and Lori on this...I don't believe in "psychics".

But, I know that some people do connect very much with pets and I believe I can sense many things about my own - but it is not psychic or anything. I would not pay a person to do such a thing - just my personal feelings. I don't know, if I had an unusual ability to help animals - I would help for free.

I also have an acquaintance who took her dog to someone and felt it helped.

But Meg - if you want to try - what could it hurt?? As long as it is a price you are willing to pay.

I was just telling my personal beliefs about anyone who claims to be "psychic" OK??:)

catlover4ever
04-20-2005, 12:03 PM
Thank you to everyone so far. I value each and everyone's thoughts and opinions.

QueenScoopalot
04-20-2005, 12:20 PM
I too am leery of psychics (they do feed off our body language, and answers to questions) but was intrigued by Dukedogsmom's thread about Duke's reading. I'm still praying that the meds help little Gracie's eye. ;) http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71118&highlight=Pet+psychic If the price is reasonable, why not do it just for curiosities sake? :confused: ;)

MULTICATMOM
04-20-2005, 12:56 PM
I'D ABSOLUTELY DO IT!! I WISH I COULD FIND ONE HERE. I'D LOVE TO KNOW WHY MY 'MOVED' OUTSIDE...

jenluckenbach
04-20-2005, 01:52 PM
I HAVE used one, (but it was for the rescue, so if was free).

I am along the belief that they may have some helpful insight, and it would be VERY entertaining, but I draw the line at believing them word for word.

The psychic I used does it on the phone. A photo sent (or emailed) to her is helpful for her, but no body language can be read as she does not see you.

Her website-

Michelle Lebreque (http://talk.to/yourpet)

PJ's Mom
04-20-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by jazzcat
I don't believe in it but I'm also a very skeptical person and feel people like that are probably scam artist. Just my personal feelings. On that note, I don't think any less of anyone who tries it. Also I feel like even if it didn't bring the pet any comfort maybe it gave the owners some. What ever floats your boat.

I feel exactly the same way about it. :)