PDA

View Full Version : The Itchy & Scratchy Show...or is it poison ivy?

QueenScoopalot
04-20-2005, 07:06 AM
I've got a horrid itchy rash all up and down my right arm (of course I scratch it in my sleep:rolleyes: ) and am hoping it's not poison ivy. :( :rolleyes: It's spreading to other areas much like ivy, but it's been so many years since I last had that nasty itchy rash. Anyone have a spare straitjacket to loan me? :confused: :rolleyes:

catnapper
04-20-2005, 07:08 AM
I'll send you the ones I used for hubby when he had Poison Ivy last month. ;)

Sorry to hear you are itchy. Please take care, and if the rash starts getting bad, please go see a doctor. Hubby waited til it was infected. Bech, it was horrible looking, and he said incredibly painful.

PS: I'm all itchy for ya!

Laura's Babies
04-20-2005, 09:07 AM
You been out working in the yard?? Go ask you druggest what is the best thing on the market and start treating it..

When my kids were small, one of them had that and I went and bought something in a spray bottle at the drug store. I used it ONE time and the next day, the poison ivy was GONE. That was the one and only time I ever found that stuff... must have worked TO good so they took it off the market!

Then.... there was a pilot on a boat I rode that had a rash around his ankles and asked me what it was. I told him it was poison ivy and not to be scratching it and if he did, to wash his hands or he would spread it to other places he touched.. About 4 days later, he had to get off and go to the doctor. He DID scratch it and transfer it to a place on his body that you DON'T want itching or broke out.. I will not say where but you get the idea....right?

smokey the elder
04-20-2005, 09:56 AM
There's some stuff in a tube called IvaRest that the maintenance guys at my old job told me about. It works REALLY well!

QueenScoopalot
04-20-2005, 12:10 PM
I have no clue if it is poison ivy, but it's sure spreading like it is. I have no yard to work in any more Laura, and it's poison ivy free, but it may have come from either a cat safari I was on, or the dogs could have picked some up on their fur when they went for the daily walk in the woods. All I know is I'd like to use a power sander right about now, but am TRYING to refrain from scratching. :( I'll look for the IVaRest today, and hope it works. Yes Laura...the only other time I had it and recall it, it ended up where the sun isn't supposed to shine! :rolleyes: :o

elizabethann
04-20-2005, 12:17 PM
YUCK! I HATE poison ivy! I got it last year and it started creeping up to my face. I had to call my doctor and she gave me meds. I got it again and called her but she wouldn't give me any meds unless it was on or near my face. I wished I would have lied and said it was all over my face! So I thought I would have to suffer but I went to CVS and bought IVYSTAT. It was kind of expensive but it worked wonders! I was able to contain the rash and it aleviated the itching. I hope I don't get any poison ivy this year but it's hard not to. It's all over the place where I walk the dog and I like to walk in the woods. I just LOOK at poison ivy and I get it! YUCk!!! Good luck!!

ramanth
04-20-2005, 02:40 PM
I once got poison ivy on my lungs!! My dad was burning brush and I guess poison ivy can travel as smoke too. :eek:

It didn't itch as much as just burn and made me cough a lot.

I just look at poison ivy and I can get it, so I'm very careful during the summer.

davidpizzica
04-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by elizabethann
YUCK! I HATE poison ivy! I got it last year and it started creeping up to my face. I had to call my doctor and she gave me meds. I got it again and called her but she wouldn't give me any meds unless it was on or near my face. I wished I would have lied and said it was all over my face! So I thought I would have to suffer but I went to CVS and bought IVYSTAT. It was kind of expensive but it worked wonders! I was able to contain the rash and it aleviated the itching. I hope I don't get any poison ivy this year but it's hard not to. It's all over the place where I walk the dog and I like to walk in the woods. I just LOOK at poison ivy and I get it! YUCk!!! Good luck!! I thought I was the only one to look at it wrong and get it! I had it so bad one year that I was picking weeds and I forgot there was poison ivy where I was weeding. The next day the blisters were so bad on my left hand that it looked like my fingers were stuck together!

QueenScoopalot
04-20-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
There's some stuff in a tube called IvaRest that the maintenance guys at my old job told me about. It works REALLY well! $6.00 down the drain so far. :( No relief from the itch and I've been lathering the IVYRest on thick. Bring on the straitjacket, or else the power sander. :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: Having it it ones lungs sounds dangerous! :eek: I'm usually very conscious of poison ivy, but this time it seems to have found me. :( The heat around here seems to aggrevate it too. Unusual highs of 86% today. :eek: