PDA

View Full Version : Another adventure in the chronicles of Amanda

IRescue452
04-19-2005, 08:23 PM
Thought I'd share my latest adventure. I'm walking in the nature preserve behind campus when I feel compelled to look at one particular bunch of yellow flowers, out of many, along the drying-up stream bed. I go over and here next to the flowers is a huge snapping turtle stuck in the mud. He's almost dryed in so I tap him with my foot to see if he's alive and he snaps at me. So I take a big stick and pry him out of the mud while he's fighting the stick off as best he can. This guy was just a grumpy old dinosaur. I tried to pick him up by the tail but he weighed a good 50 lbs and I couldn't hold him with one hand. I had to go through the woods to a spot where I know there is a metal bucket left over from the blacksmith shop that was there a long time ago. I flipped him into the bucket head first and carried him carefully to the pond and let him out. He didn't want water though, he wanted to go after his rescuer. I pushed him into the water with a branch and he swam off after giving me the grumpiest "thank you" glare I'd ever seen. Anyway, this will make for a great story for a while and I still have all my fingers:D .

AbbyMom
04-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Anyway, this will make for a great story for a while and I still have all my fingers

LOL...did you count them to be sure?