PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit people please look

LeahMM
04-19-2005, 05:39 PM
We have had this rabbit hanging around our property for about 6 months now. I have tried trapping it in a live trap to no avail. So we've just been feeding him in a little dish that we put under the truck. Any ideas on how to capture it?

http://img260.echo.cx/img260/1139/dsc015086uu.jpg

manda_moo87
04-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Oh what a cutie! I've caught 3 stray bunnies in traps before and can try to explain my trap to you.

What I did was I had a wire cage out on the lawn with some food in it. I propped the cage door up with a thin stick and attached a long rope to the door. I sat in a chair about 20-30 feet away from the cage holding onto the string and when the rabbit hopped into the cage to eat the food I pulled the string, slamming the door shut! Good luck! :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
04-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh that is one cute rabbit!!:D But I'm of no help...I'm a guinea pig person, not rabbit!;)

Paul
04-19-2005, 07:14 PM
   Miss Hoppy says, raisins are the perfect lure. If you put a few raisins in with his food so that he gets to know how good they are later he will follow a trail of raisins anywhere. (Rabbits should not get too many raisins so we only give Hoppy three per day.)

Even though Miss Hoppy likes Karen to hold her she does not like anyone to touch her feet. I would not try to picking up a strange rabbit.

Have you tried to pet the rabbit on the nose with just one hand?

http://petoftheday.com/online/karen/hoppy-wheel.jpg

Paul

jodi
04-19-2005, 07:16 PM
It looks like it is starting to trust you. I mean if you can get that close to take a good picture. Why not take more time sitting with it while it eats and try offering treats like alpha hay from your hand. I would bet you would soon be able to pet it and maybe pick it up.
Good luck!:)

LeahMM
04-19-2005, 08:10 PM
Actually it's my husband that it's starting to trust. He took the pictures. Shadow, as we call it, sees Dick feed him so I think it's taking a liking to him. He can't touch it yet but he can get within a couple of feet from it. Before the bunny would run when it saw us.

Pygmybabe
04-19-2005, 08:23 PM
what a cute bunny!