PDA

View Full Version : My dad was in bad wreck

crsvstang
04-19-2005, 09:52 AM
About 2 weeks ago my dad was in a very bad wreck. He lost control of his truck and it ended up throwing him out. He was standing up when the rescue squad got to the accident. They said he about passed out on them. He probably would have if they had not shown when they did. They had to fly him out to a hospital which is 3 hours from here.

We got the news of his wreck around 4:30 on Saturday April 9th that my dad or brother had wrecked. A friend called here and said she had seen that my dad's truck had been wrecked. So we started calling around to family members find out what was going on. We come to find out it was my dad since we called a guy from the rescue squad.

My mom was at work at the time and had no idea what was going on. So Rob called her and told her about my dad's wreck she was very upset. Rob, my brother, and me all rode up to the hospital where my dad had been sent.

When we first go there the emergency room was very packed, that is where he was when we first called asking about him. They was turning people away since they had bunch people being flown in.

We finally got into the tramua area about 30 mins after waiting in the ER. He was already in surgery by time we got there. He had very bad cuts on his face and part of his ear was also torn off. So they spent 3 hrs of surgery on that.

Around 12 am we got to finally she my dad. He really looked awful like something you see on a tv show. He was still in lots of pain when they took him to his room. We stayed and visited with him for a hour. They only allowed 2 people at a time to see him. When I first saw him all hooked up in his room I got very light headed and thought I was going pass out. So I only stayed for few minutes.

The next morning we was told he had fractured one of his hips and a pelvic bone. He had lots of family come and see him. I just sometimes he realized how much we do care.

He was released from the hospital on Monday. My husband brought him home. My aunt stayed and helped out my parents that night. He did have a rough night though. They didn't have a recliner or hospital bed for him. So he was in a rocking chair.:rolleyes:

So Tuesday morning Rob takes one of our recliners to him before he goes to work. My dad is now loving the recliner it has heating in it. And now he can rest bit better then before. I talked to him that day and found out he actually had 2 broken hips and broken pelvic bone.

I really do believe this has been a live lesson for me. But mostly my dad. I know sometimes well most time I take live for granted. There is not going be anymore of that for me. And no more actions of the past for me.

Please try and keep my dad in your thoughts and prayers as he heals! I know this is going be a very long road for him!:(

ramanth
04-19-2005, 09:55 AM
I'm so sorry your dad was hurt. :(

I hope his recovery is quick. *hugs*

Laura's Babies
04-19-2005, 10:06 AM
Sorry about this stressful time you are going through. Your Dad survived so count your belssings and remember to tell him how much you love him every day. Sometimes, I think things like this happen to make us apperciate what we have more in our busy, hectic lives.

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery for your Dad!

luvofallhorses
04-19-2005, 10:42 AM
You and your dad are in my prayers (((hugs)))

Karen
04-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Tell your dad we think he's pretty miraculous - standing when the rescue workers arrived when it turns out he had two broken hips!!!!

Tori can help - she's a fur-covered heating pad!

He will be in our prayers for healing and a full recovery.

crsvstang
04-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Thankyou everyone so much for your kind words, and all the prayers and thoughts.:)

joycenalex
04-19-2005, 05:44 PM
your dad is in my thoughts

NoahsMommy
04-19-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm glad your dad was OK.

Life is very short, its a good lesson to us all not to take anything for granted.

AbbyMom
04-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Prayers for your Dad. It sounds like he had an angel watching over him...

Oggyflute
04-20-2005, 01:16 AM
Best thoughts and wishes for your Dad.