PDA

View Full Version : A Good Article About Pit Bulls

Sevens
04-19-2005, 07:37 AM
Nice to see my local paper try to tell both sides of the story instead of just the negative.

Defamed Dogs (http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD/MGArticle/RTD_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031782221900)

IRescue452
04-19-2005, 07:49 AM
We need one of those in every paper.

manda99
04-19-2005, 08:35 AM
what a great article. thanks for sharing

when i take my dog to work with me he's great. (i'm a bartender)
he just lays around or sits on a stool (too funny)
the only time he makes a peep or stirs is when he does his Hello noises and gets up to greet new customers when they walk in.
he just loves spending the day there.

Bigyummydog
04-19-2005, 01:58 PM
kevin came home one day from picking up dinner, pizza i think, he had walked right into the middle of a discussion about pit bulls...one person was going on about, "if you stare directly into the eyes of a pit bull, it'll bite you in the face." the other people asked why kevin was laughing, "well, i do that all the time, and i get tons of big kisses and smudgy glasses".:p

Jadapit
04-19-2005, 02:25 PM
I swear the things people come up with when it comes to pit bulls.:rolleyes: Where in the world do they hear stuff like that?
Good come back on Kevins part.:)

LuckiLab03
04-19-2005, 03:22 PM
I think people just freak out at the word "pit bull," the name itself carries a lot of meaning for people because of all the bad media on them. Maybe they should change their name to give the public a different way of looking at them. Just a thought.

Jadapit
04-19-2005, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by luckilab03
I think people just freak out at the word "pit bull," the name itself carries a lot of meaning for people because of all the bad media on them. Maybe they should change their name to give the public a different way of looking at them. Just a thought.

You know what? I think your right. That's really a good idea. What are your thoughts on a new name for them?:)

manda99
04-19-2005, 04:10 PM
new names for pit bulls:

wiggle butts
velcro
lumps o' love
the new weasel

Suki Wingy
04-19-2005, 05:04 PM
That's why they are called APBTs for short, because theur real name is American Pit Bull Terrier, which I always use when discribing NiƱo's mix to try and let the person pick the "pit bull" out of it. Also, almost the same breed is the American Staffordshire Terrier, or Am Staff.

Kosmo&Cuddles
04-19-2005, 05:20 PM
I wish more people would post good articles such as that one in the newspapers.

lizbud
04-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Excellent article.:) I do wish the media printed more like it.