PDA

View Full Version : I'm Glad Some People Are Waking Up About Puppy Mills!

QueenScoopalot
04-19-2005, 07:13 AM
http://www.local10.com/news/4381093/detail.html?rss=mia&psp=news&synd=myabc

'Puppy Palace' Owner Sued Under 'Puppy Lemon Law'
Dog Owners Say They Were Sold Sick Puppies

BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. -- Dozens of dog owners are banding together to take action against a South Florida pet dealer.

Unhappy consumers have joined together to file suit against Puppy Palace and its owner, Judy Norford. They claim that the puppies were misrepresented as having come from local breeders rather than puppy mills. The suit also claims that the puppies were sickly, and had not received proper vaccinations by veterinarians. The suit is filed under Florida's "Puppy Lemon Law."

The 30 plaintiffs in two lawsuits, one in Broward County, one in Palm Beach County, say that Norford sold sick puppies at her store at 5909 Hollywood Blvd. and a second store at 3557 Boynton Beach Blvd. in Boynton Beach.

The complaint says Norford sold puppies suffering from problems including: kennel cough, parvovirus, heart defects, hip dysplasia, distemper, pneumonia, coccidia, neurological disorders, missing hip sockets, mange, overbite, auto immune disorders, elbow dysplasisa, enamel hypoplasia, impacted canine tooth, lungworm, medial luxating patellas, pasteurella multocida, bacillus, septcimia, upper respiratory infection, hookworms, seizures, giardia, conjunctivitis and hypoglycemia.

smokey the elder
04-19-2005, 07:15 AM
Sounds like a tremendous amount of sickness and genetic damage.:mad: I hate puppy mills.

moosmom
04-19-2005, 11:17 AM
I mentioned puppy and kitten mills to a co-worker of mine yesterday. She was shocked!! :eek: I told her it was VERY common among the Amish. She said she had never heard of kitten and puppy mills!!! :rolleyes:

QueenScoopalot
04-19-2005, 12:00 PM
Sadly there are many people unaware of the horrid squalor that those cute petstore puppy come from. Amish puppy mills I hear are some of the worst in the country, and kept so secretive that they're probably harder to bust. I posted about a huge billboard regarding Amish puppy mills not too long ago. It is an eye opener, but until everybody knows the origins of the puppies/kittens, it will sadly never stop. I have a few websites that have flyers and cards to hand out to people to make them aware. Here's one site...http://www.stoppuppymills.org/

TopCat3
04-20-2005, 09:25 AM
I clicked on the link to the web page, just that page, didn't dare venture further. I'm pretty sure nothing on that kind of scale is happening here in Australia. Well,much smaller population and more widely spread here. Sure, there's animal cruelty and abandoned animals, shelters etc (in the cities anyway, of which there are about 6 major ones - cities that is) but I've never heard of anything like this, it breaks my heart. I don't think I'll come back to the doghouse again, I'll stick to the happy bits, you know, bury my head in the sand. Sorry.:( :o I'm glad I live here, sometimes. Mind you, how they treat illegal refugees here isn't much better, but I won't get onto that, bit too controversial. Humans, generally, aren't a very nice species are we?

mina'smomma
04-20-2005, 12:01 PM
My dog Rags came from an Amish puppy mill.

Maybe I got her from one that was interested in caring for animals because she had all her shots and was in good health when I got her.

TopCat3
04-21-2005, 07:55 AM
No way can you be a bad person if you gave a doggy a loving home, no matter where he came from. Good luck with your wedding, happy life.:)