PDA

View Full Version : You are not going to believe this!!! (from General thread)

Catsnclay
04-19-2005, 01:49 AM
You are not going to believe this!!!
We are Phoenx Suns (basketball) season ticket holders, and tonight was the last home game of the season. They were doing a bunch of give-a-ways, and one (the grand prize) being a brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle. I got the call late Friday evening that I was one of the 12 finalists and they instructed us on where to meet, etc.

We missed the whole first quarter of the game, but in between quarters was the drawing. Tim & I went out to center court with the others and then the Gorilla (the mascot) came out on the bike. Then they drew the name.........and they called
MY name!!!!!

For those of you who don't know me, I stand 4' 4" tall and the Gorilla had to pick me up and put me on my new bike! Tim said the crowd went wild.......I really don't remember much after they said my name, I think my heart stopped and I couldn't catch my breath!!

Tomorrow I have to call them to get all the information, but right now I should go to bed, but for some reason I'm wide awake!!

They took pictures, so as soon as I get them, I will post them for all of you to see.

OMG, WHAT am I going to do with this thing??!!

jenluckenbach
04-19-2005, 05:05 AM
ROTFLOL......that is SO great, funny, but great!!! :D:D:D

catcrazylady
04-19-2005, 07:46 AM
How cool is that!? I wouldn't know what do to with one either but that is a BIG prize to win! Congratulations! I guess if you guys dont ride then you could always sell it.

4' 4" huh? I'm 4' 11" and I sure can see why you couldn't get on the bike!:eek: Being vertically challenged myself I have no doubt that I could not get on the thing either without some help, but I don't know about a Gorilla!!! ;) :D :D :D

Laura's Babies
04-19-2005, 09:29 AM
CONGRATULATION!! That is a great win!! I would take it and trade it in for a new car! Some of those are very expensive and cost as much as a new car! Wow! I would have been totally stunned!! Then fainted! Woke up, had a heart attack and died!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Wow, cool!!! Can't wait to see the pictures!! I have never won anything like this so I can only imagine how stunned and surprised you are! What kind of Harley? You may or may not remember that I used to have one so I can't wait to hear more details.....once you go to bed and let this all sink in for awhile. ;) :D :D

sarifish
04-19-2005, 10:31 AM
thats awesome lol go get some bike license classes now and u got your self a good new ride for the summer and believe me theres nothing like being on a motorcycle in the middle of summer because that wind feels soooooooooooo good

K & L
04-19-2005, 11:19 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You sell and get all the $$$$!:D These are worth a lot and I'm sure you'll have NO trouble selling. How exciting and cannot wait to see the photos!

mina'smomma
04-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Catsnclay

OMG, WHAT am I going to do with this thing??!!

Ride it around like a BIG BAD BIKER MAMA LOL

Congrats. Harley are awesome.

jazzcat
04-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Congrats!!! That is really cool, and a pretty funny story too.

Uabassoon
04-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Congrats! I can't imagine how exciting that must have been! Are you going to keep the bike or sell it? LOL I would sell it because I'm also too small to handle a bike like that, but I'd only sell if after taking TONS of pictures of me sitting on it :D

AlleyCat
04-19-2005, 03:25 PM
put it on ebay! you'll definitely sell it. but only, like all the others said already, AFTER you've posed on it for a gazillion pixs! :)

catmandu
04-19-2005, 07:48 PM
JJJ3,would be after me,to swap,it for Whiskas Temptationd.Is it a customized Bike?You know,that since these Games,are on Cable,a lot,of Sports Fand saw you win,that motorcycle,and that will bump,that price up.Jay Leno,likes motorcycles,and hes rich!Send an email,to NBC! And Con Cat Ulations,from the Found Cats,and Feeder!:D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Michael,wants to know if you are now,a Biker Babe?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1196.jpg

christa
04-19-2005, 07:55 PM
If you don't want to become a biker mamma ;) you could always sell it! Probably what I would do . . . not sure what a harley is worth, but I'd say it would make a nice down payment on a new car . . . (that's what I want!)

Catsnclay
04-20-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
[B]JJJ3,would be after me,to swap,it for Whiskas Temptationd.Is it a customized Bike?You know,that since these Games,are on Cable,a lot,of Sports Fand saw you win,that motorcycle,and that will bump,that price up.Jay Leno,likes motorcycles,and hes rich!Send an email,to NBC! And Con Cat Ulations,from the Found Cats,and Feeder!:D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: Michael,wants to know if you are now,a Biker Babe?

Apparently is was not on TV, we had friends and family watching. Although when it was happening they were taping and taking pictures, we are susposed to be getting some pictures pretty soon, will post them.

I should send in a picture to Jay Leno, thanks Gary, never thought of that!!
:D :D

Sorry Michael, I'm too old to be a "biker-babe". But when I was younger I kinda hung out with some of those people :eek: (so now you know my secret past!! :p )

We still haven't talked with anyone on what our options are, but most likely we will opt for the cash since neither of us know how to ride bike's :rolleyes: Pictures should be here any day now!! Can't wait.

kimlovescats
04-20-2005, 02:09 PM
How VERY exciting!!!! Can't wait to see the pics!!!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-20-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Catsnclay
most likely we will opt for the cash since neither of us know how to ride bike's :rolleyes: Pictures should be here any day now!! Can't wait.

If you tell me what kind of Harley it is, I can give you an estimate of the price on it so you know you're getting the true cash value of it - although usually if they give you cash they give you less than the true value because of the convenience, and then they will most likely deduct the tax right from the payment - which they couldn't do if they gave you the bike.

But either way, it's all just too exciting and I can't wait for the pics either! :D

K & L
04-21-2005, 12:26 PM
Welllllllllllllll.....any photos yet?