PDA

View Full Version : I'm So Alone in Hospital

sandragonfly
04-18-2005, 09:17 PM
:( I was thrown in hospital from my college, have been throwing up non-stop for four days now. painful, SO much inisde my stomach when I threw and threw up that I couldn't see anything or stand.

no one speaks my lanhuage here and I WANT go home to be with my furkids.. my parents don't speak with me for years and a few of friends live too far away from me.

can anyone near me (campbell, san jose, or nearbby cities) take care of my animals in case I can't go home tonight? my brother might help me.. but he's in san francisco and a working student. I'm so tired and need to nap now.

NoahsMommy
04-18-2005, 09:20 PM
Gina,

I'm too far away to help you. What about your friend that came to the cat show? Can he help? Do you have a roommate?

I'm so sorry your feeling so horribly. Do they know what has caused your vomiting? Are you at the hospital now? Or at the student nurse?

Is there anyone else you can call??

:( :( :(

sandragonfly
04-18-2005, 10:02 PM
ugh migrane wouldn't let me rest or lay down.

noahs, he can't, and no roommate. I can't use phone, they don't have TDD (telephone device for the deaf) in here, they're SO unprepared. :( I'm trying as much as emailing my freinds.

doctor has finally came in after 6 hours and thinks I have menigitis.... :( :( in an hour, there will be a big needle going in my back to suck out spinal fluid for lab stat. I can't eat, drink or type more...too dizzy. nauseas.

Laura's Babies
04-18-2005, 10:17 PM
OH MY GOD Gina, I wish I was there for you and your babies!! Now you got me worried! PLEASE keep us posted and I will be saying prayers for you.. You need your family and friends!

Karen
04-18-2005, 10:20 PM
Oh dear. I'm very far away, but wish I could help. Ask to see the hospital chaplain or social worker. Then write down that they need to find an ASL translator for you.

I can only fingerspell and know about 5 words. I can successfully sign "I want a cookie" and call you a "crazy tree" but I'm not good for much else! I had a deaf roommate in college who "borrowed" my ASL book and I never saw it again! Sigh.

CagneyDog
04-18-2005, 10:36 PM
OMG :( I wish I was closer, I would be there in a snap.

You poor thing, I will keep you in my prayers.

Daisy and Delilah
04-18-2005, 10:46 PM
:( :( :( Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please get better!

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

Logan
04-18-2005, 10:57 PM
Gina, Karen's thoughts are right on target. Get the hospital social worker to you ASAP!!!!!!! You and your "family" are in my prayers.

Logan

NoahsMommy
04-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Oh honey, I hope they can help you soon. I'll be praying for you sweetie.

I agree with the others, can you write down what you need them to do??

Hugs,
Kelly

luckies4me
04-19-2005, 12:16 AM
I am so sorry you are feeling sick. :( You are one of my favorite people here. :( I hope you find someone who can help you soon. Prayers you start feeling better. :)

Oggyflute
04-19-2005, 12:30 AM
Best thoughts and wishes to you Gina, hope you feel better soon mate.

Accord
04-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Gina, did you just say TDD??? Im here I got one! Do they have a sidekick, email anything? I can help since I know that stuff, do they have VP-100?? A video relay thing that uses person to person?? I got that too. Remember, Im deaf too-I got techniques to help ya out.

Accord
04-19-2005, 01:50 AM
send me an email to [email protected] and give me a list of numbers to call or to with TDD or no TDD, anything and I will do that for you. dont worry about the price or anything.

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-19-2005, 04:24 AM
Poor Gina..... . I wish I could do something to help you....8
Please get better asap, okay :)

Barbara
04-19-2005, 05:41 AM
Gina, if you have meningitis this is a serious thing! Very serious! You will not be able to go home tonight!

The needle in the spine will be no fun either but they have to do that to keep brain fluids drained.

I have no idea who of PT could be in your area. Redhedd is in SF you may PM her.

I keep fingers and paws crossed for you!

ramanth
04-19-2005, 09:34 AM
Oh Gina. :( I'm so sorry you are ill. I wish I lived closer so I could help.

Laura's Babies
04-19-2005, 09:41 AM
You have a outpouring of love coming at you from here and Accord seems to know what you need and how to get it so STAY in touch with her and get that ball rolling. We may not be able to be there in the physical form but we are all there in spirit.

I am holding your hand and kissing you on the forehead and hope you can feel the love and good vibes coming at you from Louisiana!

luvofallhorses
04-19-2005, 09:52 AM
Oh my gosh I wish I was there to help you:( Please do keep in touch with Accord please get better soon.
Love,
Krista and the furbabies

Cataholic
04-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Ack, Gina! How terrible. Take Accord up on the offer of assistance. Good luck, and prayers to you from Ohio.:(

slick
04-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Sorry to hear you are in hospital Gina. Sending you good thoughts.

BTW, did some nice nurse allow you to use their computer to post from the hospital? Maybe you could tell them about Pet Talk.

sandragonfly
04-19-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm a little bit droggy from IV medicines. three doctors thought I had menigitis and the last ER doctor I saw didn't. last night the last doctor still did spinal tap and cat scan anyway. cat scan showed I have a mild migrane and do not know what cause it yet. the spinal fluid's clear enough to not have menigitis. thank goodness! I can't have it again. I had it when I was six months old and became deaf.

I feel much better compared from last night. a little bit migrane still. they said my blood result never was seen this worse (VERY dehydrated from vomits). when thye put in medicine inside me, I started to see nothing and VERY icky dizzy then all od sudden I started panicking. I realized it was because of my animals being abannoned at home. they asked me to not worry about them...how could I NOT? someone came by but it was too late for my dog :(

accord, glad you're out there for me and now I'm okay. most people have gotten my emails that I am in hospital. there was SO many rude nurses around here. :( :( I requested for an interpreter, they said I was too late. also the average of waiting for an interpreter is 8 hours. I was too tired annd sick to argue with them last night.

slick, I have been in hospitals with my sidekick that I could post on the pet talk site. I'm very lucky to have this pager or I'll really be so alone!
they almost took it away :mad:

I'll be going home this afternoon, I have to. my four kittens are going to have their first vaccinations and FiP tests, etc in the afternoon. we have been waiting for this appointment for so long. I can't wait to see MY furkids again! *squeaks* thanks so much again, everyone!!

LuckyIrish
04-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Gina, you should sue this hospital for not providing an interpreter at your request. Thats discriminating. I know Accord from another Forum and she's pretty good with this stuff. And Im glad that she offered. Accord told me about the sidekick and I think its sweet stuff! I want one, but doesn't know how to use it. Call me an Idiot. Im clueless LOL

Barbara
04-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Gina I'm glad to hear it's not meningitis. That is the good news. I was worried about you.

The style in which they talked to you sounds horrible.
And I wonder what you meant by "It was too late for my dog." I hope you get soon rid of your migraine which really can be bad enough and can see the furkids again.

Next thing you may talk to Accord. It looks as if she can help you:)

sandragonfly
04-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by LuckyIrish
Gina, you should sue this hospital for not providing an interpreter at your request. Thats discriminating.

I am. my attorneys and lawyers are working on it. I sued THAT hospital about a month ago when I was in there with E-coli. :( and then unforunately last night, I saw the few same nurses and doctors. :eek:scary and I was scared..

ps] you'll love sidekick! I rely my life on it completely since I'm deaf.

barbara, it was too late for my dog to be taken out for potty. he couldn't hold it any longer. I left for school at 7AM, was suppose to be home again around 2PM but I ended up in the cruel hospital.

the doctor came in, just filled up my "muddy" blood with lots, lots of water, I feel a little freshy :)

CathyBogart
04-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Gina: I'll PM you my contact info. If you ever need anyone to take care fo your furkids in a pinch, I live in Campbell and wouldn't have a problem with stopping by to feed/play/let them out/etc.

I hope you're feeling better...

RedHedd
04-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Gina - I wasn't around yesterday. I'm glad you're home and taking care of yourself and your fur kids. When you said it was too late for your dog, I got really worried, but am glad it was "only" potty stuff. THAT can be cleaned up. Wolfchan, you're MUCH closer to Gina than I am ....

LuckyIrish
04-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Gina, Accord had migranes before, and she said the best way to do it (lucky for deaf people cause they dont hear anything) is to go to a quite room, nice and dark and relax and do the breathing method. Accord got pregnant 3 yrs ago, her angel is 2 yrs old. Accord had a bad migrane. The way she descirbes hers is visual blindness. "Aura" and after her auto accident, she had it for 4 hours. Then after that, it never came back. Its weird, but she's happy.
Yeah Accord told me about it. Its sweet, cause its a Mini Laptop is what Accord would call it. She told me that she can get online on the computer and do stuff on it, if her sidekick gets damaged. Its got everything on it! I checked the website out at www.tmobile.com went to phone, and then clicked on handheld and something else, and saw the Sharp Sidekick II. But expensive! Gotta work more!
Lets sue that stupid hopsital!

NoahsMommy
04-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Gina,

I'm so glad you're better now. I can't imagine how scary that was when they wouldn't find you an interpreter! How horrible!!

Take care and get better, sweetie.

Hugs,
Kelly

GraciesMommy
04-19-2005, 08:33 PM
So glad to hear its not meningitis...this must have been so scarey for you..bless your heart..to be all alone and sick, too...we will continue to pray for you..
hugs

sandragonfly
04-19-2005, 09:50 PM
because...all of you! thanks so much for being there in your own spirit, I wouldn't know what to do without you friends!

I've had a MINOR headache alllll day but doing okay, better than those four "oh gosh" days.

((((hugging you all back))))

oh postscriptly, the four kittens at their white coats did and went well!! I'm soooo exicited!

Accord
04-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Gina, Im glad that you are back home w/ your furbabies. And if anything happens, you got my email, and I can do VP-100 communciations for you. And thank goodness to sidekicks! Ill be there for you as u can try to be for me. Were you from Salt Lake City? Cause for some reason your name sounds familiar... but let me know

Barbara
04-20-2005, 02:49 AM
Glad to hear all went well so far and you could keep your appointment with the babies.

And glad to hear the dog had "only" a potty problem:) ;)

I hope you get better soon. I understand nothing of being deaf but I hope Pet Talk can help to create an even better network for you:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-20-2005, 03:14 AM
Sorry for not replying sooner... .
I am so glad that you are home! That hospital sounds awful....; don't let them get away with it, it is unforgivable!!

Take care, Gina!!
((((((HUGS)))))) >^^<

joycenalex
04-20-2005, 05:00 AM
i'm not sure the eight hour wait for an interperter is legit. i work for a hospital chain, there is a one hour turn around time on stat requests for interperters, like er patients, your lawyers might want to look at that closely, it seems unlikely to me.

Laura's Babies
04-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Glad you are home and life is back to almost normal for you. You really had us worried and I hope we gave you some comfort and security in knowing that someone was "there", even if it was on the web... (((HUGS))))