PDA

View Full Version : Pray for Snoopy!

4 Dog Mother
04-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Snoopy started having seizures again yesterday. I was out working in the yard yesterday morning and the 9 dogs were in their pen area. I heard Taggert barking in an agitated way and turned to see Snoopy laying on the ground seizing. I ran to him and calmly petted him and talked to him. He came out of it shortly thereafter. I gave him the Valium the vet gave me to keep him from having more.

At noon today I came home to check on Snoopy and found he had another one while I was gone. The telltale signs of poop and a small amount of urine were in his kennel. (He NEVER goes in his kennel so I know it was a seizure) I called the vet and she decided to add potasium bromide to his phenabarbitol. Only one pharmacy in town has it - and when we went to pick it up we found they close at 5:30 every night! How in the world are working people suppose to get their medications???? Fortunately I get off at 3:00 and can get it tomorrow. She said it may take up to 2 or 3 months to get to the right level so we may have to increase his phenabarbitol level until then if he keeps having them.

It is so sad to see him seizing and it really bothers me that I was not at home when he had the one this morning. I know it helps when I calmly pet and talk to him. So pray for my Snoopy boy, please?

Vette
04-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Oh poor boy.
give him lots of hugs for us.

paws and fingers crossed here for yaz!

Daisy and Delilah
04-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Thoughts, prayers, and hugs coming your way. Feel better Snoopy!!

Love, Terry, Daisy, and Delilah:)

KYS
04-18-2005, 08:48 PM
(((HUGS))) and many good thoughts.

Cincy'sMom
04-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Sure hope the vet can find the right combo of meds to get you feeling better Snoopy! Can't be fun for you or mom and adad or the other dogs, to have to see you like that :( We love you, baby boy!

micki76
04-18-2005, 08:56 PM
{{{{{Hugs}}}}} to you, Carl, & Snoopy.

You'll be in my thoughts.

chocolatepuppy
04-18-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm so sorry Snoopy isn't doing well. I will keep him in my prayers.

anna_66
04-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Diana I'm so sorry to hear that poor Snoopy is having seizures again. It must be so hard on the both of you.

Please know that I'm keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Logan
04-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Diana, Snoopy is in my prayers, but so are you and Carl. I'm so sorry that he is having so many problems. :(

Kfamr
04-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Diana, you know i'll be thinking of you and your Snoops.
Hugs to the both of you. Stay strong for Snoopy, although I know it's hard.

wolf_Q
04-18-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Snoopy. :( I hope he will be okay and you can figure out something for the seizures.

shais_mom
04-18-2005, 11:39 PM
Oh Diana - my heart sank when I read this.
Prayers and healing thoughts on the way for sweet Snoopy.
If you need anything or to talk - don't hesitate to call. I have been there....

Bigyummydog
04-18-2005, 11:50 PM
oh, poor SNOOPY :( just know we are sending furry hugs and sloppy kisses to all of you...we know SNOOPY's not alone in this...prayers to all too...:)

Cinder & Smoke
04-19-2005, 12:27 AM
Hi God ~

Our Buddie - Snoopy - is still havin truble wiffa seizures! :(

Kan You Paleeze Help his WhiteCoat figger out da Meds
to get him Feelin Good again?

An send his Mom & Dad a Big {{{GodsHug}}} - they're feelin purdy lonesome an
wurried bout Snoopy ... Let em know You're werkin onna problem.

THANKS, God!!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

ChrisH
04-19-2005, 11:19 AM
Poor Snoopy. :( Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

{{hugs}} too.

Chris

RobiLee
04-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Diana, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be thinking of you guys and hoping that your vet can find the right combo of meds to prevent the seizures.

I'm thinking and praying for you Snoopy boy! You hang in there. We all care about you and want you to get all better. Lots of hugs and kisses from me to you, Snoopy.

Robin

Ginger's Mom
04-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. I sure hope the new meds help and the doctors can get the right dosage down soon. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

lizbud
04-19-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Snoopy is still having problems.:(
I usually don't stay logged on in the evenings so I didn't hear
about this sooner. I'll be keeping Snoopy, you & Carl in my
thoughts and prayers. I pray that adding this new drug will make
all the difference for Snoopy.

ParNone
04-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts headed over to Snoopy.

Par...

dukedogsmom
04-19-2005, 11:34 AM
I'm so sad to hear he's had more seizures. I hope that new medication works quickly. Give him some hugs from me.

ramanth
04-19-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Snoopy is still having seizures. :(

*HUGS* to that sweet spotty boy. I hope the new meds help.

Cincy'sMom
04-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Still thinking about Snoopy! Hope he is doing better today!

And howbout some pictures of Jack's new do!

captain
04-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Snoopy,
From our Spotty home to yours, please know we are praying and thinking of you.

Love
Captain and Ruby

4 Dog Mother
04-19-2005, 08:07 PM
As far as I can tell, Snoopy did not have any seizures today. He has had some that leave no "evidence" so I can't tell for sure. We tried to pick up his new medicine last night to find that the pharmacy closes at 5:30. Before I left for work this morning, I got a call from the pharmacy. Evidently this is a medicine that they make up as needed - a compound is what she called it- so it won't be available until Thursday afternoon. I guess a day or two doesn't matter much since it will take a month or more to build up in his system to help. I just hate thinking that even on what he is taking now he can still have them - especially since someone is not with him all the time.

He went out to the dog park tonight but he isn't playing as much - I guess he isn't feeling up to par yet.

lizbud
04-19-2005, 08:31 PM
It's a shame they couldn't mix it up ASAP. Poor Snoopy.:(

I'll bet the seizures are a drain on his system. I hope he's
feeling better soon.

cyber-sibes
04-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Poor Snoopy:(

Hopefully they'll get the meds right soon. Sending out prayers & hugs -and please give Snoopy a hug from us.

luvofallhorses
04-19-2005, 09:28 PM
:( I hope you feel better soon Snoopy hugs and kisses

♥
Krista & the furbabies

joycenalex
04-20-2005, 05:05 AM
how is snoopy this morning?

cloverfdx
04-20-2005, 08:15 AM
Oh dear i will definitely keep Snoopy in my thoughts {{Hugs}}.

pitc9
04-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Prayers for Snoopy!!

Cataholic
04-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Prayers for the spotty Snoopy. I wonder, do seizures come about in dogs due to stress? Then, if so, is he even stressed? Just thinking outloud.

I do hate the compounding aspect of medications. One of Tex's meds is compounded, and I have to wait for it.

Prayers on the way.

4 Dog Mother
04-20-2005, 08:58 PM
I wonder, do seizures come about in dogs due to stress? Then, if so, is he even stressed?

Yes, dogs can have seizures due to stress or so the vet says. Is Snoopy stressed - would 3 extra dogs and a baby for 7 weeks be extra stress? would 3 extra dogs not leaving with baby be stress? would not getting the same amount of attention that your mommy normally gave be stress? Yes, Snoopy is probably very stressed!

Well, another day down and no seizures? Yeah, Snoopy!

And yes, my other dogs are showing some signs of stress too. Dazzi went to my sister's and did some really weird things for her to the point my sister asked what dog I brought her because it wasn't Dazzi. And I had to bring her home because she suddenly didn't get along with one of the cats.

And Christy's Destiny was getting sick to her stomach every time she drank water. So maybe adding 3 dogs all at once to a household is not a good thing. Or maybe just having nine dogs at a time is just not a good thing especially if they all were used to a lot of attention and now there is not enough people to give that attention. So pray that Christy and Brian get back here real soon and find a place to live quickly so that a lot of lives can get back to normal.

And Johanna, Hamilton is not very far from you - Jonah looking for a girl friend???? or a play partner??? and extra grandma???

K9soul
04-20-2005, 09:04 PM
I'm sorry that I hadn't seen this before now. Please know that your precious Snoopy boy is in my prayers. It must be such a frightening and distressing thing to witness. :( I sure hope that new medicine is what he needs to overcome this.

LuvGold00
04-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Oh Snoopy! Sending lots of Golden prayers and good thoughts your way big guy!

Sudilar
04-20-2005, 11:36 PM
Sorry to hear that Snoopy is having seizures. I hope the meds work. Hugs.

Kfamr
04-21-2005, 12:00 AM
How's Snoopy today? Hopefully everything is well.

gemini9961
04-21-2005, 03:25 AM
Snoopy stay healthy :) Prayers for Snoopy

delidog
04-21-2005, 05:20 AM
Oh Diana,
Please know that Snoopy,You & Carl are in our Thoughts & Prayers....
I was so sorry to see this again!!!
Hope they get his Meds made today!!!!
Poor Spotty Boy!!!

Give him some Gentle Hugs from me!!!

RobiLee
04-22-2005, 05:14 PM
Checking in on Snoopy. I hope he has still been seizure free these past days.

Give that cute boy a hug from me.

Robin :)

4 Dog Mother
04-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Snoopy has not any seizures that we know of since Monday. Yeah, Snoopy. I got his new medication today but the pharmicist confirmed that it would take about 2 months for the level to get high enough to help. So we just have to keep hoping and praying that whatever is triggering these seizures stops. I am just grateful that I now have the valium on hand so he doesn't have to have recurring ones through the night before I can get through to a vet. I have been told that if he starts having them an hour apart that I need to call right away - that that is life threatening. I am also grateful for Dazzi, the mother of my group who tells me by barking whenever anything is happening with anyone.

Logan
04-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Fingers and paws crossed, Diana, that this great trend will continue.

Logan

joycenalex
04-23-2005, 07:14 AM
diana, how is snoopy doing ? alex is having a bad time. i'm wondering if the full moon and the fast strong weather changes are affecting his seizure pattern. ear skritchies to the dogs, joyce