PDA

View Full Version : Dog Picture Contest

bestinshow
04-18-2005, 05:34 PM
:D Hi Everyone!!

We are having our Best In Show Dog Picture Contest and would like to invite everyone on Pet Of The Day. The contest is free and the dogs compete for Best In Breed, then Best In Group, then Best In Show. I hope to see all of you there and good luck in the contest!

OH YEAH! Each winner of Best In Group receives $10 and a certificate and The Winner Of Best In Show receieves $50 and a certificate!!;)

We even have a category for MIXED BREEDS!

http://www.astralenterprise.com/bestinshow.htm

Kfamr
04-18-2005, 05:41 PM
I guess since my dogs are mutts i'm not able to enter? :confused:

bestinshow
04-18-2005, 05:43 PM
We Do have a category for mixed breeds. I should have mentioned that. hope to see you there!:eek:

bestinshow
04-18-2005, 06:15 PM
Everyone should come check us out. Our picture contest is like no other on the web. Plus, you guys get to be the judges. Hope to see all of your dogs soon. :;)

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 06:25 PM
Cool, I registered. :) I will submit my photos as soon as I get an email back.

bestinshow
04-18-2005, 06:43 PM
hi finn's mom;

we got your registration and we processed it. Can't wait to see the pictures.

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 06:49 PM
It's not letting me log in, you did say it was processed?

bestinshow
04-18-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi

Did you read the email we sent you? It will explain why.

Thanks

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I did, but, I thought it meant wait four hours for it to be processed. And, when you said it was processed, I took that to mean it was ready. Guess I misunderstood.

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Oh, hey, I get it. But, I have a question. Finn is a yellow labrador retriever. You have labrador retriever, chocolate labrador, black labrador, and, yellow labrador. Are they all being judged as separate breeds? If so, which do you suggest I list my dog as? Labrador retriever or yellow labrador, as he is both!

bestinshow
04-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi,

we sent you another email after that, because of your username.

Sorry for the trouble. :o

bestinshow
04-18-2005, 07:02 PM
if you mean in the Drop down box when you enter your dog, then it's labrador retiever. We used to have them seperate, but we changed it and they are all judged together now. Can't wait to see the pictures.

finn's mom
04-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Ok, I went ahead and just chose labrador retriever. I was wondering why they were listed separately that way! I submitted his photos.

bestinshow
04-18-2005, 07:08 PM
great! We'll start working on her entry right away. I'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

bestinshow
04-18-2005, 07:29 PM
Hi Finn's mom;

Finn's entry has been posted. Check it out! Finn looks so cool.

:D :D :D

cali
04-18-2005, 07:46 PM
ok I entered 3 of my dogs but I cant eneter the other 2, because they are not mixes and their breeds are not on your list lol Blair is a Berger Des Pyrenees(or Pyrenean Shepard) and Perky is a JACK russle terrier(as in NOT a parson russle, but the breed formerly known as an english jack russle terrier and now simply jack russle terrier)

bestinshow
04-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Hi.

We have listed the breeds according to the AKC list. I'm sorry we don't have your breed. According to the AKC, Jack Russell Terrier is now Parson Russell Terrier. They stated that that is what the Jack Russell Terrier Organization requested. I hope this helps.

We will post your entries right away

Thanks!!!:)

cali
04-18-2005, 08:33 PM
lol pyrenean sheperds are in the AKC mis. class and perky is a jack russle terrier like the old ones, long back and short legs, they are also known as "shorty jacks"

prince charles with his shorty:
http://www.ejrtca.com/tiger.jpg

my short just has pricked ears, thsi is my shorty jack:

http://users.accesscomm.ca/k9furkids/pets/Perky_and_jumps.jpg

she would not even reomotly pass as a parson lol

Suki Wingy
04-18-2005, 08:44 PM
Cali, I never knew you had a Pyrenean Shepherd! Do you have pictures?

bestinshow
04-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Shayna;

Sorry we couldn't help you. But we got 3 of your dogs in the contest. I think you'll enjoy it. Good Luck!!!

:D

cali
04-18-2005, 09:00 PM
lol thats ok, I am pretty used to not being able to do things with my pyrshep as he is a rare breed, even on dogster I had to list him as an "unknown mix" even though I know perfectly well what he is lol I have yet to see a drop down menu of breeds that is not for a kennel club list a pyrshep, it justs gets frusterating after a while :p

suki wigy you did not know I have a pyrshep? lol yup I have plenty of pictures of him, Iwill PM you some pics as everyone else has already seen all the pictures of him lol

bestinshow
04-18-2005, 09:09 PM
Shayna;

perhaps we'll have it in the future. Your dogs entries are posted and you can go see them when you are ready. You have beautiful dogs and we are glad you joined us.

Thanks ;)

bestinshow
04-19-2005, 03:21 AM
Hey Everyone, Also Check Out Astral Pups! That's a part of Astral Enterprise where your Doggie can have their own web page! We will be starting a new game to the site called Astral Pup posse where every Astral Pup chooses 5 deputies (other Astral Pups) to form his or her posse. We will compete two posses against each other to see who is the first to answer 5 questions pertaining to dogs only:eek: For more rules on the game go to the Astral Pups section. Oh! and it's ALL FREE!:p

Oggyflute
04-19-2005, 05:31 AM
Well it won't allow me to log-in to the place. Most efficient...........NOT.

bestinshow
04-19-2005, 07:10 AM
We are sorry for the inconveniece. When you registered it stated that it takes about one hour sometimes up to four. the reason for this is that each registration is checked before it is processed. We check it to make sure there are no volger words and that the registration form was filled out complete and correctly. I checked on your registration and it has been processed. when logging in please make sure not to use capitals.

Please accept our apologies and I hope you'll still join us.

:)

bestinshow
04-19-2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks everyone who joined and entered their dog. We love having everyone and we hope others come and check us out. We really think you'll like it and have a good time

:D :D

bestinshow
04-19-2005, 10:24 AM
hi everyone, How's everyone doing today. We hope you come check us out and enter our Dog photo contest

bestinshow
04-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Hey everyone come check us out. You'll have lots of fun.:D

bestinshow
04-19-2005, 01:54 PM
We've had a lot of people come join us at our dog picture contest. Everyone should come check us out. We are totally different than any other. You'll love it;)

bestinshow
04-20-2005, 04:21 AM
We are now starting a new game on the site called "Astral Pup Posse" Each Atral Pup is considered the sheriff and he or she gets to pick 5 dogs that he or she wants to be their deputies. Each day we will compete two posses against one another and ask 5 questions and see which posse will answer the questions faster. The winner goes to the next level and the final winning posse get the prize!:cool:

senorita02
04-20-2005, 08:06 AM
What if there is only one of the breed on here? Like Senorita is the only Presa Canario?? Can she still enter? And under what category?

bestinshow
04-20-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi

You can enter your dog if she's the only one. At this time our list is based on the AKC. Unfortunately we Don't have Presa Canario at this time. Hopefully we will soon. Maybe you will like to join our Astral Pup. http://www.astralenterprise.com/Dogs/astralpupsmain.htm

It's not a contest but you can tell us all about your beautiful dog.

Hope to see you soon

;)

senorita02
04-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Ok thats fine , i know the breed is not registered here in the US, but i can still enter Face my Rott.:D

bestinshow
04-20-2005, 04:35 PM
That'll be great, we can't wait to see your rotty.;)

anna_66
04-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Just a quick question. How come you don't have Mastiff on your board, they are AKC.

bestinshow
04-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Hi,

We do have mastiff. They are under the working group.

anna_66
04-20-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry, maybe I should have rephrased it...I wanted to enter my mastiff in the contest but all I see is Neo mastiff & Bullmastiff. Am I just not seeing it?

bestinshow
04-20-2005, 08:23 PM
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. Mastiff is in the competition but it was accidently omited from the entry form. It has been fixed and you should be able to find it in the entry form. Here is a link to the Mastiff page for you to view. Thank you for your time

http://www.astralenterprise.com/mastiff.htm :o