PDA

View Full Version : Root Canal? I get one tomorrow..

CountryWolf07
04-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Is it as scary as people have said? I get it done tomorrow morning -- Is it painful? I'm very scared about it, I guess..

PJ's Mom
04-18-2005, 03:41 PM
If you have a good dentist, it's a piece of cake. I've had 4 in the same day and it's really no biggie. ;) Try to relax, take the gas, get through the first shot, and you'll be fine. :)

Good luck. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Don't worry, your dentist will make sure it all "sleeps" there. You will hear a lot, but won't feel a thing :) Good luck!

CountryWolf07
04-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Oh really? Hmmm, it doesn't sound so bad, then.. I have 2 appointments to do this one root canal... ugh.. why can't it be done in ONE day? Ah well.. thanks!

nibblets
04-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I've had them before...they are not bad. My dentist always makes sure you are numbed (novacaine & gas if you want it), comfy (warm blanket, headphones, aromatherapy) and relaxed. I actually fell asleep during the last one, I got so comfy.

NoahsMommy
04-18-2005, 05:24 PM
I've never had one before, but to tell you the truth, everyone I know that has has one, says they are easy.

I think someone on PT had one done a few weeks ago?

Anyway, I hope its very easy and as pain free as possible for you.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

mruffruff
04-18-2005, 07:22 PM
I had one a month ago and it really wasn't bad. Even the novacaine shot was deadened with a patch before he shot me up.

I had it done at 3:30 and ate dinner at 8 with no problem---well, maybe a little drooling:rolleyes:

Not something you volunteer for every other day, but truely bearable.

Mary