PDA

View Full Version : Gimme a hug!

slleipnir
01-17-2002, 06:30 PM
My dog gives me "hugs". You said Gimme a hug or whatever, and she jumps up and puts her paws up. Like a doggie hug. Sometimes she will just do it on her own, like when I come home from school. I heard somewhere, that when dogs are in that upward position, it pushs their organs down or smushs them a little or something. They said it's painful to dogs. It doesn't seem to be? Why would so many dogs jump up if this was true? I can see the logic in it, I mean their shapes, and body position isn't ment to really be on the hind legs. I can also see it pushing down on the organs, and probably cause discomfort. If anyone knows any truth to this I'd love to know. Thanks

ramanth
01-17-2002, 08:10 PM
I cannot foresee a dog doing something that would cause it pain.

If it did cause the dog discomfort, it's obviously not as noticable as the excitement of seeing you. :D

~Kimmy

slleipnir
01-17-2002, 08:13 PM
Aww :] I agree though, I can't see them doing something they find painful.. I was talking to my dads friend, and he said, well they strech and they usually go like that..on the ground but still they strech right out

*LabLoverKEB*
01-17-2002, 09:03 PM
Awwww!!!:) How cute! Sadie can do that, too!:) I just open my arms, (like you were just about to give someone a hug), and I say, "Hug!", and she'll jump up, and give me a hug!

slleipnir
01-18-2002, 06:12 AM
Same with Jo, I think its so cute!