PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATE* on neighbours cat.

rg_girlca
04-18-2005, 10:51 AM
For those who didn't see the original thread,"Need Prayers Please", this is about a neighbours cat who fell from the third floor gallery into a lady's yard. Thank goodness she didn't have any serious injuries, except for a little cut on her chin and her nose was slightly broken. The people had gone away for the weekend and the sister was going twice a day to feed them and I took it upon myself to help the cat.

Well, they came home around 2:00 p.m. and I went outside to talk to the husband about their cat as the wife doesn't speak or understand english. To make a long story short, I told him about what happened and what the vet had to say. I stipulated to him very strongly, that she was to remain quiet for the rest of the week and NOT to let the kids play with her or to let her out on the gallery. I hope and pray that they listen.
By the way, her name is Pixel and she is part Ragdoll and Sealpoint.
Now here's comes the shocker, I told him she was such a sweetheart of a cat and he said, "Do you want her?" I was like, "WHAT!!!! Are you serious?" He said, "Yes, you can have her if you want." BUT, he had to talk to his wife first. Apparently, they were thinking of getting rid of the cats, they have 3 all together and are thinking of getting a dog, because the kids want a dog. Unfortunately, the wife said NO, (Sniff, sniff), BUT, if she changes her mind, I will be getting her back. He said that she changes her mind so often. One day she wants the cats, then next she doesn't. WHY HAVE THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! Geesh. Anyway, I'm not holding my breath on this one.

She finally came out from under my bed yesterday and ate for me.
So I took a few pics of her.
See next post.:)

rg_girlca
04-18-2005, 10:54 AM
She is such a beauty and so loveable. She just clings to you when you hold her and when you go to put her down, she holds on tighter. "WWWWWWWAAAAAAAA" I want her.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/MyDigitalBabies080.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/MyDigitalBabies079.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/tiger04/MyDigitalBabies081.jpg

smokey the elder
04-18-2005, 10:55 AM
*melt* I love that poofy tail!

Barbara
04-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Pixel is adorable! I have a feeling that she will end up being one of your babies:)

rg_girlca
04-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Oh Barbara, I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but gosh I hope you are right. I can't stop thinking about her.

Shady
04-18-2005, 11:04 AM
She's beautiful, she deserves all the love and care you can give, and you deserve her.

I hope with all my heart that they make the right decision and give her up to you.

I just cannot and will not ever understand throw away pets.

My fingers are crossed for you and Pixel. Please keep us posted.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v714/qpdoll/Smilies/cat-love.gif

Mad Mags Moo
04-18-2005, 11:21 AM
What a beautiful cat, fingers and paws crossed that you can become her meowmy....she deserves a better home.....with you:D

QueenScoopalot
04-18-2005, 11:43 AM
Too bad you just didn't make her go *POOF* Lorraine! Who's paying the vet bill? Hopefully not you, and I'd get a copy from the vet, and let them know this is how much you owe me for caring for your cat who appeared injured from the fall! If it's a large sum of $$$$ maybe they'll just let you keep the little beauty. :confused: ;) P.S she looks more like a lilac point/ Ragdoll cross to me! She's got that lovely soft grey colored fur, wheras sealpoint's tend to be more chocolate colored.;)

jazzcat
04-18-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm glad she is okay and I hope you get her (if that is what you wish).

Hope you are feeling better!

K & L
04-18-2005, 11:50 AM
She's gorgeous. Hopefully she'll be in your care here soon! People like this doesn't deserve to own animals. I hate it when they think they can just dispose of them so easily!:mad:

rg_girlca
04-18-2005, 12:46 PM
Thank you all for your replies and for your finger & paw crossings.

Jan, if I could have made her go "POOF" believe me I would have.
But these people live right across the street from me and a neighbour who talks to the wife, saw me take the cat in the carrier.
Don't worry about the vet bill, they paid it and it was only $33.10.
Her fur is more of a beige color rather than grey and I was going by what the husband told me. He said that she was a Pure Bred, but a mix. I was like, "HUH???" He said that the father is a pure Ragdoll and the mother a pure Sealpoint or something like that."
Never the less, I STILL WANT HER.:(

Lori, YES, this is my wish and I am feeling much better thank you. You're so sweet.:)

Lisa, I know what you mean.:mad: These people had a little dog but when they brought the cats in, the dog started to pee on the beds and carpets, so they got rid of him. Then the hubby told me they were thinking of getting rid of the cats to get another dog.
Go figure.:rolleyes:

Maya & Inka's mommy
04-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Don't you worry, if that sweetie is meant to be yours, she will be one day :)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Doesn't sound like they should have ANY pets to me.

Fingers and paws crossed that Pixel gets to move in with you! and soon!:D

jenluckenbach
04-18-2005, 01:25 PM
What a beauty.

Now, if I were you, I would ask "How is Pixel doing?" EVERY single time you see that man. (they might get the hint....hee hee)

catmandu
04-18-2005, 01:44 PM
As someone,who has been,in that postiton,I would tell.them,that if they want,to get thier Cat back,then they will have to pay,the Vet Bill.I would do anything,to keep,that Cat,out of the hands,of those people.Ragnar,has been here a few months,and nobody,misses the Big Fellow!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1186.jpg

rg_girlca
04-18-2005, 02:22 PM
Thank you all. Maybe with the great Power of Prayers from PT, Pixel will be mine, mine, ALL MINE.....:D

Jen, I plan on asking him every time I see him. I will ask, "How is MY Pixel doing?" :D

Gary, they did pay the vet bill. :)

rg_girlca
04-18-2005, 11:33 PM
I spoke with the hubby tonight and he laughed his head off when I asked him how MY Pixel is doing.
He said she is doing okay and that she is eating and going in her litter box. She isn't sneezing as much either. I told him to give MY Pixel a kiss for me, he laughed again and said that he would.
What was encouraging is that he said he is sure that one day, she will be mine. I hope it isn't when she is pregnant, AGAIN, as she is not spayed and neither of the males are fixed either.
Stupid, stupid people.

QueenScoopalot
04-19-2005, 06:28 AM
ARGHHH stupid people Lorraine! I hate hearing that pets aren't altered...maybe it should be the owners that are fixed to prevent passing along those 'stupid genes'. ;) I sure hope Pixel becomes yours, and you don't end up with litters outside next year to have to rescue from harms way. :(

catcrazylady
04-19-2005, 06:52 AM
Lorraine it sounds promising that pretty Pixel may be yours someday! I can't believe that they have all those cats together and they are not fixed!!! How stupid is that??!! They're not sure they want the cats they've got now but they keep having kittens?! STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Fingers and toes crossed that Pretty Pixel moves in with you very soon!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by rg_girlca
as she is not spayed and neither of the males are fixed either.
Stupid, stupid people.

Ok, let me get this straight, these people have two male cats and one female - and none of them are fixed? Ugh, how can people be soooo stupid? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm glad she will be yours one day. She really is a beauty! But you better start planning how to take care of kittens and start looking for homes for them because I would bet that the day they realize she's pregnant is the day she becomes yours. :rolleyes: :mad: :rolleyes:

However, then you will have adorable kittens to show us pictures of and after they have all found new homes you will have a new, beautiful sweetie pie in your home. :D