PDA

View Full Version : Caleb's big adventure

wolfsoul
04-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Lastnight, I put food in Caleb's bowl but he didn't come running. I asked my mom if she'd seen him, and she said that lately he'd been hiding under the pink chair. I didn't think anything of it. It was late, and I went to bed. He'd eat when he decided to come out.

I woke up around 5:30 this morning and layed in bed. Suddenly I hear all of this meowing. It turns into a siamese-type yowl. I go to my window, and there is Caleb! :eek: He'd somehow gotten out of the house! It's so weird, because he's never even tried getting out before. When we leave the door open he just sits there and looks out.

Now he's home and safe, and his paws are dirty. :rolleyes: Apparently it rained lastnight. I hope that experience deterred him from ever trying THAT again!

I have to go now, but I promise to get pictures soon. :)

jazzcat
04-18-2005, 11:36 AM
EEK!!!!:eek: I'm glad he is okay and I hope you are right that he learned his lesson and doesn't slip out again.

The first time Ripley slipped outside scared me half to death. He was gone overnight. Unfortunately it made him love outside and he tried every trick in the book to get out there - stubborn mule of a cat. :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
04-18-2005, 11:43 AM
How scary.:eek: I'm so glad that he's back inside now where it's safe.:)

catmandu
04-18-2005, 08:42 PM
Imhave,to keep an eye,on JJJ3,and Scrappy 2,as they both have tried,to sneak out.JJJ3,does,as he is curious,about the neighborhood.And I think,that Scrappy 2,wants to reconnect,with her Old Friends! I am glad,taht Caleb,made it back,and as you say,maybe,that taught the Little Fellow a lesson.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1081.jpg

catnapper
04-18-2005, 09:34 PM
Poor fella! Hopefully he learned his lesson and won't try that little stunt again! Glad he's home safe and sound where he belongs.

Laura's Babies
04-18-2005, 09:36 PM
I BET he learned his lesson and won't do that again.. Poor baby!!

catcrazylady
04-19-2005, 06:28 AM
I bet he didn't learn his lesson and I bet he will try that again!;)
Thank goodness he's home safe and sound! The one good thing is that you didn't even know so you didn't have to go through those horrible hours of insanity wondering if he was ok.:D
Caleb you keep your little patootie in house!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-19-2005, 09:32 AM
:eek: :eek:
I guess the good news is that he was safe and sound.....and that you didn't know he was out so you weren't up all night worrying! ;)

Naw-tee Caleb! I have to agree though that he probably didn't learn his lesson and will want out again.

cloverfdx
04-20-2005, 12:43 AM
Nawtee boy Caleb ;). I am glad to hear the little man is Ok Jordan, give him a hug for me. Ohh and photos would be great when you have the time.

wolfsoul
04-20-2005, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone. :) No more attempts at getting out! I even tested him. Left the window open and watched him carefully. He just sat and stared out. I think he knows better now hehe. He got his first taste of rain, and I think that's enough for him!

I'm gettin' on those pics! My stupid batteries ran out, so I'll have to get some new ones, but I do have the cutest video that I'll upload tomorrow. It's a video of Caleb and Tobias in the bath tub. :D

cloverfdx
04-22-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm gettin' on those pics! My stupid batteries ran out, so I'll have to get some new ones, but I do have the cutest video that I'll upload tomorrow. It's a video of Caleb and Tobias in the bath tub.
Aww the video sounds cute :D and i cannot wait to see the pics.

wolfsoul
04-22-2005, 11:26 AM
I finally got the pics yesterday! :D Cute ones. The video uploading site wasn't working, but it's okay now, so I'll get on that. They should be up later today.

manda_moo87
04-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Glad he's okay and looking forward to seeing the pics!

Squeekers snuck outside yesterday but luckily we caught her...:rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
04-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Whoa! I bet Caleb learned that lesson.

Glad he was OK.

Can't wait to see picture. I love your Caleb, he's such a beautiful cat. :)

wolfsoul
04-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Thanks guys. :)

I'm SO angry -- I have the pictures, but every time I try to upload one, it can't find the server. I know it's just my computer. I probably have every virus you can name. :( I'm going to try again tomorrow.