PDA

View Full Version : Another special kitty needs a home urgently!

QueenScoopalot
04-18-2005, 10:39 AM
I'm crossposting this from yahoo groups. I also emailed Rita about a santuary on the East Coast that takes in blind kitties, but maybe someone on PT is nearer to that area and willing to take on their very own Magoo/Gracie or Gabriel? :confused:

> Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2005 2:27 PM
> Cat with no eyes at SLA, needs help NOW
>
> please forward and cross post
>
> South L.A. Shelter
> 3612 11th ave. la 90018
> 213-485-0119or213- 485-0227
>
> Impound # 712012, 2 year female, dmh white. AVAIL NOW!!

----------

>
> According to the shelter, she has a congenital defect--born without
> eyes.
>
> Gosh, I have no words to describe the kind of person who is capable of
> dumping this cat at the shelter. The guy said it was his own cat, but
> had no I.D.
>
> Kitty isBEYOND SWEET. when you pet her she rubs, she rolls, she purrs,
> she throws her body onto you,she is a complete and total LOVE
> ANGEL!!very petite and dainty kitty.
>
> Blindness is not a real problem for animals. I have a blind kitty who
> gets around just fine. I am sure this little white kitty will be able
> to get around just fine too, if given the chance to be in a home
> again.
>
> She is locked away in the medical room where nobody can see her--she
> has NO chance.
>
> Obviously, with her special needs a quiet forever home would be
> wonderful, a quiet foster home would be the next choice.
>
> If anybody can adopt, foster, rescue or help save this girl in any
> way, please email: [email protected] (@aol.com).
>
> Thank you,
> Rita

aly
04-18-2005, 12:24 PM
My heart is breaking again. I hate being so far away :( This kitty sounds like a doll. I'd foster her in a second if she was near me.

catmandu
04-18-2005, 01:55 PM
This Kitty,sounds like an ideal Cat,for the Found Cat Hotel,as within a week,I bet that she would be curling,with all,the Found Cats,on the Big Bed!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1119.jpg

And Princess,would be her Best Friend!

moosmom
04-18-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh Gary!!

Would you take her? She sounds like such a wonderful little girl!! If my Kitty B&B wasn't so full, I'd make room for her!!

QueenScoopalot
04-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Here's the response I got earlier regarding the kitty....sounds like a home will come through soon for her. :)

thanks for the info.

this kitty is getting a very good response. i wish a wonderful local home wanted to adopt her but so far the only homes who have offered are long distance.

there is a local rescue group who has offered to take kitty in as well as several wonderful rescues that are not too far.

i will wait a few days and pick what i feel is the best option for kitty. she won't die at the shelter. she is one of the lucky ones.

Laura's Babies
04-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Phew!! Glad that worked out for the baby!! As we have been shown by Magoo, Gracie and Gabriel, having no eyes is NOT a handicap for these wonderful babies!!

QueenScoopalot
04-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Phew!! Glad that worked out for the baby!! As we have been shown by Magoo, Gracie and Gabriel, having no eyes is NOT a handicap for these wonderful babies!! And my sweet shy Lola too. ;)

Laura's Babies
04-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Sorry I missed mentioning Lola. I just have brain freeze sometimes and I can't get past Kirby, Eli, Georgie, and Katie.

We need to hear more of her and her antics and the cute things she does and of coarse PICTURES!!!!

QueenScoopalot
04-19-2005, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Sorry I missed mentioning Lola. I just have brain freeze sometimes and I can't get past Kirby, Eli, Georgie, and Katie.

We need to hear more of her and her antics and the cute things she does and of coarse PICTURES!!!!
Lola is a quiet shy girl who mostly hides until it's time to eat. She's been here a year and a half now, and it's only been the last several months that I've even been able to give her lovings. I call her Mama Lo. :D Her huge surviving kitten Lita is much more visible. ;) Poor Lola is half of Lita's size, but went through a horrible time while on the streets. :( She's safe now, and finally is realizing it. :)

catcrazylady
04-19-2005, 06:41 AM
Yes Laura I do believe Jan has been slacking in the picture department lately!:rolleyes: I mean she acts like she's busy or something!:p

I'm glad it is sounding good for this poor baby. Why were they keeping her in a back room where no one could see her? What a shame!!!!

We have another blind one at the shelter that is pulling at my heartstrings!:rolleyes: My only concern with her is that she is very timid and shy. I really think my house is way to busy and full of cats to make her comfortable. She is nothing like "Thomas the Tank" Magoo!