PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Cat House

janelle
04-18-2005, 02:24 AM
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?userid=ov4TZEJBB2&isbn=0836221834

If you like cat trees, cat shelves or cat friendly houses look at this book. The whole house is set up for a cat. Ledges all around the house with ladders and shelves to sleep. Everything in the house that is breakable is glued to the tables. No breaking. LOL

I have the book, fasinating,

koxka
04-18-2005, 02:53 AM
I always wondered about this book.If a Pet Talk member says it's worth, I'll go for it! :D

Thank you for the input. :)

neko1
04-18-2005, 05:34 AM
Also, don't forget his equally wonderful 2nd book, Cats Into Everything

I've had both books since forever and I love them!

catmandu
04-18-2005, 06:39 AM
I have the 2002 Calendar,which features Bob Walkers House,and I have always wanted,to set up ramps,for the Cats,but am not sure,how,to do that! Those Cats,are truly,living in Cat Paradise!

Abby&Buddy'sMom
04-18-2005, 08:32 AM
I can recall seeing this cat house on television , but cant remember what the program was:( It was really cool how they had everything so cat friendly...can anybody else think of this show..because its gonna make me bananas alll day trying to think of it:D

catfamily
04-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks for this info.We're buying the Cathouse book.We were planning on building catstairs in our new home in Maine we're moving to soon anyway and now we can do it right with this book:D

QueenScoopalot
04-18-2005, 09:26 AM
I've been on the virtual tour of this place, and it's incredible! Here's the link....you can see the cats in action without having to buy the book. :D ;) :)
http://www.thecatshouse.com/cats_house/ch_index.htm

Laura's Babies
04-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Kitty heaven!!! Is that the house that is in the commercial too?

janelle
04-18-2005, 03:16 PM
I think my sister got the book at a discount place for very little but it sure is interesting. The book gives you more info on how to make the shelves. Thanks QueenScoopalot for showing me the web site. I didn't think to go online to see it. DUH.

I have a large open shelf over my front foor. I put the kitties up there and they did not like it but they explored and then meowed to get down. My living room is two stories high so they would just love for me to build up for them. My staircase is already enough to make me squirm. Chianti runs along the bannister and shows me how she can be an acrobat. Simon is too heavy for such tricks. Chainti gloats. LOL

I had the ladder out when I put silk plants on the door shelf and Chianti climbed to the top and was wondering how to jump up onto the shelf. It was still too high for her to jump. Guess I could put up one of those columns for them to climb but like the author says he makes everything close enough for him to retrive the cats. I couldn't retrieve them if they wanted to stay up there.

I already have to close the basement door of the unfinished part since Chianti would get into the finished ceiling from the unfinished part of the basement. She did that at my last house and the only way I could get her down was to turn off all the lights and come upstaires. She didn't like to be left alone in the dark. LOL

I didn't know she was getting into the ceiling but everynight I would be on the computer and I would hear something over my head like we had mice. Turned out to be her walking over head in the ceiling. LOL She finally looked down at me in the furnace room where she got up there. :rolleyes: :D

janelle
04-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Laura's Babies
Kitty heaven!!! Is that the house that is in the commercial too?

What commercial. I don't watch much TV.