PDA

View Full Version : .:~*~:.A Phred Poll.:~*~:.

zippy-kat
01-17-2002, 05:30 PM
Should Phred post his picture as an avatar?

Will the majority rule?!:p

:D ;) :D

To those that instigated this (and you *know* who you are ;) ) --if Phrederick shoots me for this, I'm comin' back as a feral & sabotaging your sofa!:D

AmberLee
01-17-2002, 05:48 PM
Yes, let the majority rule! ROTFL

michelene
01-17-2002, 06:31 PM
It would be great to see the man who loves his furkids, rescues people, visits his Mom, and entertains us all so well with his humorous style and excellent stories.

NoahsMommy
01-17-2002, 07:58 PM
Yea!!

gini
01-17-2002, 09:56 PM
Gollleee, Mz. Zippy, yur gonna b inna hole bunch a trubble now.

Mr. Phred is probabbly sittin thur thinkin how ta deal wittya.

May bee we need ta tell him that baldy eagles r buetiphul an sew he muss b two.

No buddy likes dem furkid pieces on peeples bean tops, an then may bee he wood guv us a pickshure.

zippy-kat
01-17-2002, 11:12 PM
Oh Miz Gini, tellz me 'boutz it!

Doez Rascal have roomz 4 a stray human? It may be safer on yer side of da statez!;)

Iffin' Cinder or Smoke takez da pikshure, we might not see nuttin' but from da thighs down! (wonder if dey'd use a dawgie bizkit 2 get him 2 smilez 4r da kamera?)

Meybe our best bet would be ol' Bootz...he kould klimbz 2 da topz of da counter and snapz a pikshure!

Gio
01-18-2002, 02:30 AM
You got my vote :D

And if you need refuge you and Sophie bun are wlcome

Former User
01-18-2002, 02:40 AM
Here's our vote too. If you need to leave your country, Casper and Kitty says here's room for you and Miz Sophie :D :D :D

Phred is so NOT going to like this poll and post :D :D :D

Way to go Zippy-kat!!!!! :D :D

lbaker
01-18-2002, 07:31 AM
hoooooooBOYI'm stayin outta this one...thas fur shur:rolleyes: laurie

Karen
01-18-2002, 07:45 AM
Okay, I've gotta step in on this one and point out that none of you, nor I, have our own picture as our avatar! Why single out poor Phred?

You've never seen pictures of us, and as a matter of fact, you saw Phred's gang long before you saw Miss Hoppy ....

Smacks of ... I dunno ... pickin' on the shy kid just cause he turns red when you do!

lbaker
01-18-2002, 07:58 AM
....and THAT'S why miz Karen is Mayor:D "the almighty Oz has spoken" or something:p laurie

zippy-kat
01-18-2002, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Karen
Okay, I've gotta step in on this one and point out that none of you, nor I, have our own picture as our avatar! Why single out poor Phred?

LOL

Miz Karen (aka Mightie Oz :)), when the 'old' petTalk was up--many of us had our pics in the profile. Mizzer Phred wasn't one of them. I don't remember the exact post--or how we even got on the subject--but we started teasin' him about bein' kamera shy. (That's when the lil' red fire guy appeared in his sig.)

He knows he's among friends and it really doesn't matter what ya look like--it's yer "innerds" that count! He's already endeared himself to many here, and I very seriously doubt that the absence of fur on his noggin' would change our 'pinions!

So why pick on Phred? lol
1) cos he kin take a joke
2) cos he'll dish it back out & 'fight' wif ya! ;)

zippy-kat
01-18-2002, 08:34 AM
:( :o My sincerest apologies too if any feelings were hurt!:( :o

Cinder & Smoke
01-18-2002, 12:54 PM
We thinkz Dad is gonna start burnin :eek: pitcherz so's we can't find em!

We know GranMom has sum in her dresser atta Village - Smoke's gonna try to sneak them into his dawggie satchel on Sunday when they do their G-Mom Visit ;). Y'all might have to settle for a lil kiddie :cool: pix, though. There's a whole buncha pix atta Fire Station - we're all goin there tanite while Dad werkz onna fire truck - we'll see iffin we can find sumpin good while he's busy. :D

PS: Good thing Dad hadda go to a meetin atta Fire Station last nite - he missed you guyz *jerkin his chain*! :D

He keepz mumblin bout talkin to Miz Zippy's MOM and lil Snister to dig up sum reelee GOOD fambly pix of HER!. :D

Meantime, ya gotz to settle for this snappy frum Zippy - {WE think Dad likes it!}...

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/33100/curr/5814043_20020116_200726_20020116200726.jpg

Uh-Oooh... Hear Dad comin... Gotz ta go! See ya!

Cinder & Smoke
01-18-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
:( :o My sincerest apologies too if any feelings were hurt!:( :o

the Head Bunnie sez
...pickin' on the shy kid just cause he turns red when you do!

and Spence sez
...I simply forgot that in teasing, this might have gone too far. No malice was intended.

Whassa matter? Gettin NERBUS bout what Dear ol Dad might be planning as a come-back? :p

Dad jest said he sure hope's Zipper'z Mommy knows how ta e-mail photos :D!

Uze guyz worrie too much bout hurtin Dad'z feelings! Nuffin bodders him! After all, he playz wiffa bunch FireGuyz - and THEY dont think NUFFIN about *JERKIN CHAINS*! :D

Ennieway - we'z all havin PHUNN, aren't we?

Uh-Oh ~ Dad sez we gotz ta *scram* offa puter cuz he wantz to fire off an e-mail to "Hobbz" - whoever that is...?

michelene
01-18-2002, 03:24 PM
Cinder and Smoke, I'm so glad we heard from you! You hooked me with your stories about Boots and how Smoke joined your family. Your dad, Phred, is really a hero. Looking forward to whatever your next post is.

zippy-kat
01-18-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Uh-Oh ~ Dad sez we gotz ta *scram* offa puter cuz he wantz to fire off an e-mail to "Hobbz" - whoever that is...?

Hey!:eek: I *think* I know Hobbz! lol :D

lizbud
01-18-2002, 05:31 PM
Oh you guys, I'm so glad this thread is now unlocked.
I've been enjoying the witty exchanges so far, & thought
this poll was a cute idea.... Thanks guys !!

BTW, I think I was the first to vote a choice in the poll.

lbaker
01-19-2002, 08:34 AM
OK zipster...who is Hobbz? Or am I just out of it:o :confused: you don't mean Calvin & Hobbie do you:confused: or do you and Phred has a special mystic thread :D of course we know that anyway :rolleyes: laurie

zippy-kat
01-19-2002, 11:12 AM
LOL

Hobbs is a small town in New Mexico. It's where my parent's live. He's been threatenin' to email my Momma & get some pics of me! lol

Mom's actually a member of PetTalk but can rarely find time to post. She's usually busy playing SUPER MOM (*add echo*)!:cool: You know, the Mom that always has allllll the cookies baked for the PTA bake sales, carpools my sis & her friends to and from dance, attends all the skewl plays/band functions/etc and somehow still finds time to hold down a job and be a wife!:eek:

lbaker
01-19-2002, 11:22 AM
gotcha..and kudo's for ALL MOMS I can hardly wait for the TX free-for-all. Phred, are you gonna be there? ...and where is [that] thread :confused: laurie

zippy-kat
01-19-2002, 11:25 AM
Right on! Kudos to all Moms!

Umm...the TX meeting was posted in Dog General...somewhere.... I"ll see if I kin find it!

auggie
01-19-2002, 09:42 PM
Zippy and Spencer, I knew Phred wouldn't be upset with you guys. After all he has a great sense of Humor and that's what we love about him.
:D
Maybe Cinder and Smokey got to sneak some Pictures.

lbaker
01-20-2002, 09:01 AM
Hey Phred! are you going to make it to TX? I'll sell tickets to see you and Zippy in a "face off" :D :p hahahaha And Auggie :confused: any chance? laurie

zippy-kat
01-20-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
Hey Phred! are you going to make it to TX? I'll sell tickets to see you and Zippy in a "face off" :D :p hahahaha

I think Phred went to see his Mommy today; he usually goes on Sundays. :cool:

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to the TX gathering but I'm keeping my paws crossed!!!!!!!! TX is sooo close to 'home' & it'd be wonderful to meet everyone!

I'm just waiting for someone to suggest the idea of name-tags, but of course, since we only know each other by our screennames...
Can you imagine going into a quick-shop or the like with a name tag that read, "Hello, I'm Zippy-kat" or "Hello, I'm Spencer the Lion!" ;) :p :D

lbaker
01-20-2002, 02:14 PM
..oh fur shur, TX is kinda weird anyway isn't it :p it will be anyway after we're finished :D let's rock and roll 'em (oh I hope auggie and Phred will show up..) :cool:

zippy-kat
01-20-2002, 02:24 PM
LOL They say everything's bigger in TX...bigger bugs, bigger houses, bigger cars, bigger hair... (i'm only teasin' you Texans out there...)

In all serious-ness though, I'm originally from WV and I can honestly say that people out here (generally) seem to be more friendly than back east. Here it's nuthin' to wave atta stranger & getta friendly reply--back there they tend to ignore ya or look at ya like "who was that and why were they waving at me?!"

lbaker
01-21-2002, 01:02 PM
holy moley..when I was there to see my grandson on his 2nd birthday (late last Aug.) I noticed the same thing!! folks actually acklowled you in you car/truck!! What a refreshing break:D :cool: way cool...laurie

zippy-kat
01-21-2002, 01:45 PM
Should I invest in a cowgurl hat?! lol

Speakin' of the differences in cultures, this story just popped into my mind:

We were in WV visitin' family & a bunch of us decided to go to the State Park. While there, I met a girl and we got to talking. She asked if I was from WV or just visitin'. Told her I was born in WV but now lived in New Mexico. Her eyes got big as saucers and said "REALLY? Is it true that you guys live in little mud houses?":rolleyes: I assume she was talking about adobes or stucco. I told her I lived in a brick home & she proceeded to ask, "Is it true you guys are only allowed to have rocks in your yard? No grass? Do you take baths in the river?"

Then I had to explain that I live in NEW Mexico and it IS part of the USA and I DO have indoor plumbing AND grass in the front yard! lol

Funny, back there they think you're a foreigner. If you're here (NM/TX area) and ya tell 'em you were born in WV...a little later on they'll ask ya "What part of Virginia are you from again? I gotta cousin who lives in the western part....":rolleyes: :D

lbaker
01-21-2002, 01:57 PM
When I lived in Marin County California (very "rich" county) I put my kids in a private school (proposition 13 was in effect) and these rich kids asked where they were from...my kids said Washington DC area and these school mates wanted to know "What state is that in?" :o Well, maybe that's not so weird for some folks but it sure sounded weird to us..... time to get off here I guess, I'm getting too too.... laurie