PDA

View Full Version : Brandon's Mom

Laura's Babies
04-17-2005, 07:26 PM
I just had a real long phone conversation with Brandons Mom and she wanted me to thank all those who prayed for him and sent all the cards and encouragement. She said it is the prayers that kept her son alive and she would love to thank everyone herself. She said "Heck, we got cards from all over the country from people we don't even know!" She was amazed!!!

Brandon has another week or 2 at the rehab hospital and then he will be released to come home. He is able to come home on the week ends and is able to get around with a walker and wheel chair and there is no holding him down!! He is ready to get on with his life, NOW!!! He has no memory of the day he had the wreck and he was shocked to discover how long he had been in the hospital. She said his mind is as normal as can be and he is his old self. She said one day he is in a coma and two days later, he is alert and wanting to get out of bed!! His wires in his jaws have been removed except for a few and he can eat normally now, just with difficulty. She said he has lost a lot of weight and looks so skinny but he will put that weight back in no time. The tube in his throat will be removed this coming week and that is the last of the tubes!! Yaaaa! Even she is amazed at how fast he has bounced back and the only pain medication he takes is OTC medication for pain.. This is a miracle boy if ever there was one!!

He will be able to walk for graduation, maybe with a walker, but he will be there to recieve his diploma.

Oggyflute
04-18-2005, 01:55 AM
That's great news mate. Good to see Brandon getting better.:)

ramanth
04-18-2005, 09:08 AM
Wonderful news!!! :D

jenluckenbach
04-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Jumping for joy!! And sending more prayers. :D

Laura's Babies
04-18-2005, 09:51 AM
I just wonder if any of you realize what a role all of your prayers played in his speedy recovery? Or just how important ALL those prayers were! Cindy does and she is ever so grateful to you!

QueenScoopalot
04-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Wonderful news about a remarkable young man Laura! He's overcome so much in his short life, that most people won't experience in an entire lifetime, and done it with such courage, and speed! :eek: :) I can't believe he's walking and eating already! He's a special young man, that's for sure! :eek: :D :) ;)

Logan
04-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Laura, this is wonderful news!!!! :) So glad that Brandon is improving and will be able to complete his graduation!!! :)

I truly believe in the power of prayer and Brandon is just one of many shining examples of how it does work!!! :D

Logan

GraciesMommy
04-18-2005, 01:23 PM
That is great news...there is definately power in prayer

kimlovescats
04-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Praise be to God, for answered prayers!!!!:)

Laura's Babies
04-18-2005, 10:43 PM
That heart surgery that he had a few years ago, I got more details on it from Cindy. He had a extra nerve in his heart that would just go wacky on him from time to time. EKG's and all those tests they run didn't pick it up for TWO years!! It was somthing that unless it was happinging at that moment, it didn't show up and by the time they got him for those tests, the nerve had stopped acting up. It took TWO years for them to get him when it was actually happening to him. He was so weak and pale that he could hardly move when they finally caught it.. They had to go in and kill that nerve and it solved that problem and it hasn't happened since..

That also answered a question for me that I have had for over 20 years. I had a son that died, Rie's twin brother, he was 17 years and 17 days old when he died. He had been having weak and dizzy spells for 2 years and they ran tests after tests and nothing ever showed up. His doctor finally told me he was doing it for attention, but I knew better. The autopsy gave no reason for his death, just that his heart stopped beating and cause was "unknown".. I had a feeling every since he died that he had something that "misfired" from time to time and it would not be found unless it was happeneing as they were testing him. This sounds about exactly what I had thought it was that killed my son but never had heard of anything like it until I talked to Cindy. She is the one that brought it up and about my son that died possiably having the same thing... I know she is right! Now I have my answer as to what killed my son.

Logan
04-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Oh Laura, this is bittersweet for you, to finally know, but to have endured the loss of a child. :( :( I'm so sorry.