PDA

View Full Version : Eatin' strange things

NoahsMommy
01-17-2002, 03:45 PM
I know there have been posts like this, but here's a new twist...what wierd things do they eat? For example, Noah is partial to tape :rolleyes: and Noel likes to lick the lotion off my hands and legs...

Here's another stange delicacy....I was ill and went to a nutritionist to get some supplements to make me feel better. I got a shake mix I had to make twice a day. It was the yuckiest tasting thing I have ever come accross, I tried to make it taste better by using frozen berries, grape juice instead of water...you name it! Guess who LOVED it?????? Yep...Noah. :rolleyes:

yorkster
01-17-2002, 05:20 PM
Noah is the young orange boy, right? My young orange boy (one year now!) will pretty much eat anything that I am eating........but especially if he sees the dog eating it- he gets jealous that the dog gets some. His favorite is grahem crackers, but they crumble up so bad I end up with g. cracker crumbs everywhere.

slleipnir
01-17-2002, 05:57 PM
My cat ate xmas tinsal b4..

tuxluvr
01-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Ritzy chews on plastic bags, although I read on other posts that this is because of the petroleum products used to make plastic bags.

We also have this "feeding" routine - I hold the IAMS bag up so she can chew on the bottom corner (equivalent of sniffing the wine cork) before feeding time.

She also likes to chew on the corner of my laptop screen...silly kitty:D

AmberLee
01-17-2002, 06:18 PM
Uh, no, I'm not telling what Cassy ate -- can't deal with it after all.

Major one-of-those-thingies-that-give-away-the-ending- when-you-are-reading-a-review: I will NEVER buy "World's Greatest Kitty Litter" again.

wayne0214
01-17-2002, 07:47 PM
My Snow Tiger eats most anything I eat, regardless if is kitty food or not. (I think I posted this before). But, at any rate, some of them don't even eat the treats I bought them. Strange bunch they are. But I know if I happen to leave something over from meal time, I can give it to Tiger and he will eat it up.

.........wayne:)

Former User
01-18-2002, 02:54 AM
If we would give him, Casper would eat anything. He just seems to be hungry all the time and whenever we go to the kitchen, he follows us and begs for food by hugging the fridge:D
We're trying not to give them human food, it's not really good for them. Sometimes I give up though, and let them have cheese for example.

C.C.'s Mom
01-18-2002, 03:20 AM
Rudie ate one of those balls with fat and nuts for birds (have them hanging in a tree in the garden). He seemed to like it, although he needed the litterbox more than ever!

Eddy goes for dogfood nowadays. She walks to the dog, head-butts him so the dog gets totally excited that 'furry ball wants play' and starts to eat.

And of course, the normal things cats beg for: cheese, yoghurt, mashed potatoes, veggie burgers...

purrley
01-18-2002, 07:27 AM
C.C.'s Mom - :D I can relate to the dog food thing - seems Braydee likes puppy chow more than cat chow. The only thing that worries me is that Braydee is getting bigger and fatter every day and I'm worried about the calorie content in the dog food.
The cats love to chew on my silk plants and my real plants so I bought some stuff "Bitter Apple" to spray on them - it works!!! Also sprayed some of this stuff on the rug where the dog likes to chew - worked also!!!!!

C.C.'s Mom
01-18-2002, 09:02 AM
Purrley, I wouldn't worry about the dog food. I discussed this one time with my vet, and he said it was a good thing that the dog lets the cats eat from her food other than getting all posessive. My cat food has much more calories and proteins than the dog food, so I don't worry about it. What I worry about, is that the dog eats the cat food! And she's having problems with her weight already at 6 months age!

Vinegar helped just like Bitter Apple in our household, especially where Rudie started to scratch at the wallpaper. He stopped doing this.

NoahsMommy
01-18-2002, 08:22 PM
Does anyone's kitties scratch furnature? Noah likes to attack the couch, so we got "Sticky Paws", guess who ate that too!!?!

yorkster
01-18-2002, 09:05 PM
ahhhh...........would that be Noah? :eek:

.....and what is 'sticky paws' by-the-way? :confused:

;) :D

NoahsMommy
01-21-2002, 11:10 AM
Yorkster,

"Sticky Paws" is this double sided, clear, thin tape you put on your furnature where they are sratching. You cant see it when its on, but when they claw it, it is sticky. I guess cats aren't suposed to like that feeling. It does work, Noah just likes to eat half of it first. :rolleyes:

Former User
01-21-2002, 11:35 AM
Noah's Mommy, Casper and Kitty like to scratch the couch every now and then too, but yelling very loudly :D helps (well, not always ). Sometimes I take the one who's scratching and place him/her infront of their scratching pole, take their paws and rub them agains the pole and tell them THIS is what you CAN scratch. Works!

NoahsMommy
01-22-2002, 11:54 AM
Niina,

Tried that with Noah, he skirms and runs away from it when bring him to the post. Noel has been a great influence on him however. She uses the post all the time, Noah now follows suit...not all the time though....his new target it the corner of our matress. I think he likes to stretch and then claw! He really want to get a really tall cat tree so he can do that....they are just really expensive...

C.C.'s Mom
01-23-2002, 06:54 AM
Noah's Mommy, my cats didn't know what the scratching post was for and were very afraid of it. I remembered my old cat going nuts when I brought back Valerian from Whole Foods (like cat nip), so I opened one of those capsules and spread it over the post. They fell in love and still are. They forgot about the couch and are very happy scratchers now. They sleep on the post (I've got it laying on the floor), sit there for hours, head-butt it.

NoahsMommy
01-23-2002, 10:15 AM
GREAT idea C.C's mom!!! I didn't know they had Whole Foods in other countries...that's cool! I'll try that to see if Noah corrects himself...

Thank you!!

C.C.'s Mom
01-23-2002, 10:37 AM
Oh no Noahs Mommy, there's no Whole Foods here unfortunately. I'm always making sure I'm getting a suitcase full off goodies when we're in the US :rolleyes: