PDA

View Full Version : What State do you live in?

Palomino21
04-17-2005, 03:58 PM
My husband and I are trying to relocate to a new state and can't decide on a place to live. We want to move some where were the weather is moderate and doesn't flip flop every day. Right now we live in Oklahoma, and its crazy here not to mention boring. We have a home based business so we can move basically anywhere. We have no children but we plan to raise a family in the future, so we'd prefer a place where it's safe and the crime rate is less. So what state do you live and why is it the best?

Annie

PJ's Mom
04-17-2005, 03:59 PM
We live in Texas, Austin to be exact. I guess that's a little too much like OK since we have pretty much the same weather. ;)

Palomino21
04-17-2005, 04:05 PM
lol.. I have never been to Austin. I know it gets really hot though.

PJ's Mom
04-17-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah it does. :rolleyes: I want to see snow at Christmas, but I don't think that'll happen here. ;)

I hear Tennessee or Kentucky are great states to live in. :)

catlady1945
04-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Vermont?

catfamily
04-17-2005, 04:23 PM
We live in Massachusetts but are moving to Maine to a new home we built.Maine is gorgeous and the people are SUPER sweet and friendley.Clean air,beautiful mountains and the lakes are beautiful even at night for walking the air is so fresh and hardley any crime by the lake region.Nice and peaceful.:)

Uabassoon
04-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom
Yeah it does. :rolleyes: I want to see snow at Christmas, but I don't think that'll happen here. ;)

You never know, this Xmas I went to Brownsville, Tx to see my family and we had a white Christmas!

I live in Az, but I don't think you'd want to live here. It's way too hot in the summer.

sarifish
04-17-2005, 07:34 PM
the state that i live in is north carolina it has alot of the qualities that u want, moderate climate, snow at christmas and its very beautiful in the spring nc is a good choice

catmandu
04-17-2005, 07:38 PM
I live,in Ontario,Canada,too COLD! And then TOO HOT! I want,to live,in British Columbia!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1171.jpg

Laura's Babies
04-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Winters are nice in Louisian but summers are extreemly HOT!

sarifish
04-17-2005, 07:42 PM
i am supposed to be moving to ludlow massachusetts and i wanna know that it is relatively safe because the guy i am moiving in with works at night and i dont want to have to worry that someone will try to get in and stuff and id also like to know if its a pretty town and stuff like that so anyone that knows pm me id love to hear about where im supposed to move to

NoahsMommy
04-17-2005, 07:58 PM
I'm a native Californian and I think its an amazing place to live. The weather is usually nice and the people are diverse. In my idea, its the greatest place to live. :)

lady_zana
04-18-2005, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by PJ's Mom

I hear Tennessee or Kentucky are great states to live in. :)

This Kentucky girl says woohoo!

Kentucky is pretty modernate. In March and October, the weather flip-flops some as it tries to decide if which season it wants to be. In the town I live in, there is a very low crime rate. However, it's a university town so apartments can be kinda high...

Hey, Annie, instead of just e-mail buddies, we could be neighbors! :D :D