PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal for a kitten to get aggressive?

Palomino21
04-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Is it normal for a kitten to get aggressive? She wrestles with our hands. She's isn't rough but she looks like she is having a field day. She also comes at us all puffed up. I know that kittens do this with other kittens, is it possible that she just sees us as her playmates since she is an only kitten? What can I do to keep her occupied so she doesn't get bored?

Annie

Soapets
04-17-2005, 01:47 PM
I certainly hope it's normal, because Angel did that when she was a kitten, and Shadow does it now, all the time. They're just playing and having fun and honing in on their "hunting" skills, etc. They are so cute and funny when they are in this stage!:D

catmandu
04-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Ceratinly,as a Kittens smaller size,makes them defensive,so they do not show fear,around the Much Bigger Cats! Here is scrappy 2,after swiping at Shemp,and JJJ3!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1135.jpg

Palomino21
04-17-2005, 02:00 PM
lol.. ok... It's been so long since I have had a cat around. It is funny, she poofs up twice her size and walks side ways towards us to get us, then once she gets to us she doesn't know what do do so I just kiss her. She runs away and we repeat this game over and over and over. Some times we will play a variation of this with peek a boo where one of us will hide around the corner. It's a good thing I am a stay at home house wife, now I am a stay at home kitten mom. lol...

Uabassoon
04-17-2005, 02:05 PM
If you are able to getting her a kitty friend would be best. Kittens do very well in pairs because they can entertain each other, and taking care of two cats isn't much harder than caring for one.

Try getting her some fun toys to play with, those wands with the feather at the end are great for kittens. THey have so much energy and you need to teach them that your hands aren't toys, so you'll need to redirect her attention.

TurboTracks are also another great toy. I think they run about $10, and they are worth it. Even my two grown kitties still play with it!

Here's a picture of what a turbotrack looks like.
http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/standard/SpringCatalog05/53591_41379.jpg

Palomino21
04-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks, I got her a turbo track as well as tons of other toys. She also gets tons of other home made toys from me. LoL, I try and introduce her to new things every day, a new box, or a sack, or a new window, or new sounds, adding two toys together and so on.

Laura's Babies
04-17-2005, 02:38 PM
Here is a few of mines favorite toys.. The box is just a box that smoked sausage came in and Mike cut a reach in spot, put toys in there plus a little catnip and you can see how much fun Amy has had. They reach in and swat the toys or work to get the toys out.

Cost......$0.00
The fun they have with it.... PRICELESS

The fuzzy on a wand is their second one and all I have to do it tap the floor with it and they all come running and are ready to play!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/HPIM1452.jpg