PDA

View Full Version : My Brother was held hostage!

Toby's my baby
04-17-2005, 09:53 AM
On Friday morning a man robed a women, when she was at her home Friday morning. He then stole her car, and crashed it outside of Bell Honda (a car dealership) in Pheonix, Arizona. My brother works at Bell Honda, and he was looking out the window at the crash. Then the man comes in and says "I am taking one of these cars!" My brother turned around and the man was holding a gun. He was stareing right at my brother. He walked up to my brother and grabed him around the neck, and put the gun to his head, and walked backwards out the door. Once they got outside, the man asked for the keys to one of the cars. My brother told him that all the keys were in the dealership. Then the man asked where my brothers car was, and they just happend to be standing next to it. So the man took my brother and his car and led the police and helicopters on a high speed chase. The man told my brother if he tried to touch the gun, he would kill him. My brother told him he had a 11 week old son at home, and he wasn't going to do anything to jeperdize his life. The man ended up crashing into a grocery store, and then he picked up the gun and shot himself, then, fell over onto my brother.

My brother had a whole bunch of tests done, to make sure he was ok, from seeing a man shoot himself.

I was just shaking when my mom told me what happend. Thank god my brother is ok!

QueenScoopalot
04-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Oh my! That would certainly shake up even the strongest person! :eek: :eek: :eek: I'd be shaking uncontrollably after having to endure that. I'm glad your brother wasn't hurt in any way by this guy (or anyone else). Sounds like the kidnapper was dealing with drug/or psychological problems. :eek:

Laura's Babies
04-17-2005, 10:01 AM
OH MY GOD!! Your poor brother!! This incident may sneak up on him at odd times and cause him problems so you all need to watch him close. That post tramatic thing can pop up at anytime and while he thinks he is handeling it fine, it is not something he is likely to just "forget"...

I am glad your brother survived this horriable thing and hope it won't effect him to badly in his everyday life.

Freckles
04-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Here's a Link (http://www.kpho.com/Global/story.asp?S=3218824&nav=23KuYk99) , with video.

Toby's my baby
04-17-2005, 12:35 PM
OMG! Thank you SO much Freckles for that link!! I was waiting impatiently for my brother to send a tape, thank you so much!!

Karen
04-17-2005, 01:22 PM
How very scary. I hope that your brother is okay mentally as well as physically, and that the dealership replaces his car for him as well. How very scary!

Oggyflute
04-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Glad he is okay. Ensure he keeps up with councselling mate. It's very important to be able to work through the situation and to address what actually happened. The worst thing he can do is to ignore it and have the incident rear it's ugly head in a few years time, when he's not prepared to deal with it on a mental level. It's the type of scenario that, flashbacks can get triggered by almost any situation. If he deals with it now, when those memorys occur, he will be able to handle the situation without hopefully adversly affecting his life.

ramanth
04-18-2005, 09:06 AM
How frightning!!! :eek: :eek: :( :(

I'm so glad your brother is okay physically. I agree, he should really go to a councellor or someone if he hasn't already.

My sister was robbed at gunpoint and she still has nightmares.

*HUGS*

slick
04-18-2005, 02:33 PM
I just can't imagine how frightening that must have been for your brother and now for the whole family. Thank God your brother was not hurt, although I'm sure this will something that will always be in the back of his mind (and yours, I'm sure).

Sometimes these tramatic experiences can have delayed reactions. I hope your brother will be seeking some kind of help to get him through this.

Prayers to you and your family.

NoahsMommy
04-18-2005, 03:14 PM
That is soooo scary! I'm so glad he was OK.

Hope he'll be able to deal with his experience. Poor thing.

GraciesMommy
04-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Wow..what an ordeal! Thank God your brother is ok..scary to know you can be just looking out the window one minute and your world is wonderful and the next it takes your on a whirlwind ride!

crsvstang
04-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Oh my, that sounds so scary:( Glad your brother is ok!

Pygmybabe
04-18-2005, 04:19 PM
I am glad your brother is okay! Are you okay?

Toby's my baby
04-18-2005, 07:20 PM
I am pretty good. I had an awful nightmare last night that I shot somebody, but I don't know if there was any conection...? My brother went to some councilors, and I am not sure if he is continuing to go or not.

I dont get to talk to my brothers often, since they live across the states and all. But they are both starting to call more, just so we know where they are. My brother said that he wouldn't really be thinking about it if people wouldn't ask him about it all the time. And he says he's fine. But me and my mom have a feeling he may break down, even if its not right away, but we have a feeling he will eventually...

KYS
04-18-2005, 07:28 PM
How scary. I am so glad your brother is ok.
I'm shaking just thinking about what happened.

bluekat
04-18-2005, 07:31 PM
:eek: omg I'm glad he's ok though!! How scary :( If I was him I think I would've fainted

Toby's my baby
04-18-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
:eek: omg I'm glad he's ok though!! How scary :( If I was him I think I would've fainted

lol, yeah, me too!